IGNORED

Wilson's Authority

Guest uncle john

Guest uncle john

Incident on Saturday that suggested that Wilson does not have the authority amongst the plaers that a manager should have.

He plays Tinnion out left from the start. Whether or not you agree with this, it does mean that we have a fine left footed player hugging the touchline, and Tinnion can get excellent crosses in from the left in a way that he can't when playing in the centre. He has played there for most of his City career, though recently he has been effective in the centre.

But Tinnion clearly wanted to play in the centre, and was sulking. So he just played in the centre for the first twenty minutes, leaving Matt Hill alone out on the left.

Does Wilson bellow out an order 'Get out on the left like I told you!'. No. He ignores the fact that he has been disobeyed, and makes a substitution so Tinnion can play in the centre.

Worrying.

so you were in on the team talk and the discussion over tactics were you???

Tinnion sulking, surely not! how could you even suggest such a thing?

but then you are obviously so close to everything that happens that you know :angry:

He plays Tinnion out left from the start. Whether or not you agree with this, it does mean that we have a fine left footed player hugging the touchline, and Tinnion can get excellent crosses in from the left in a way that he can't when playing in the centre. He has played there for most of his City career, though recently he has been effective in the centre.

But Tinnion clearly wanted to play in the centre, and was sulking. So he just played in the centre for the first twenty minutes, leaving Matt Hill alone out on the left.

Uncle John. May I just correct a few factual mistakes in your posting.

Tinnion's instructions were not to 'hug the left touchline' but to play on the left side of midfield, tucked in slightly, giving Matt Hill space to get forward on the overlap.

Clearly the plan didn't work. Matt Hill was up aganst a tricky right sided attacker, who didn't allow him space to get forward. It's probably not Matt's natural game either (which does beg the question why he was asked to play that role). That's why Danny changed things around.

By all means criticise the tactics if you think they were wrong, but at least make sure you are having a go at what actually happend, rather than what you thought went on.

The whole notion that any of our team would spend the first 20 minutes of a vital promotion game 'sulking' is beyond belief.

Once again poor tactical decisions by Danny Wilson. He got the team selection wrong to start with - many people could see that from before the game and then made a mistake in bringing on a defender for a creative midfielder when we were losing. Clearly Marc Goodfellow should have been brought on instead of Mickey Bell.

Guest uncle john

O.K, maybe when I said 'sulking' perhaps that wasn't quite right.

It seemed to me that Tinnion, bless him, as usual wanted to be involved and running things, so he came further inside from the left than he should have. Admirable and noble, but denying us the width that we needed. I don't think it was part of the plan for him to play that far inside. He was picked for the left side of midfield and was playing much further inside than he has done from there in the past. Wilson then rearranges it to accomodate him wanting to play infield, rather than telling him to get out wide, which was where (I think) we really needed him.

I may be wrong, but that's what I think happened and I am calling it as I see it.

Archived