IGNORED

Have I Ever Laughed So Much (saturday)

Guest jairob

Guest jairob

I have never seen such a funny game of football in my life. It all started with the team sheet, continued with the aim less high "passing" lottery balls, hilarious substitutions, ridiculous refereeing decisions and topped of with a camp crusader showing no commitment wearing girls gloves.

On the upside Lita held the ball up superbly well, Burnells tackles were awesome and we now know the manager is completely clueless and half his team looked bewildered at some of his instructions. Why was he telling them to hoof it up the middle all the time, with the wind so howling it surely would have made sense to use simple balls to feet rather than......" hello Mr goalkeeper heres another ball for you to easily catch". Abolute rubbish, GOING UP, WERE HAVING A LAUGH.

Guest whitey_03

On the upside Lita held the ball up superbly well,

I think I watched a different game from you, he did hold the ball up ok in the first half, but I wasnt even sure he had come back out for the second half. Cant remember him getting involved in anything!

You are right about then long ball tactics, why play that when both Lita ( in the first half ) and Miller are good at holding the ball into feet or turning sharply and linking up play!! The performance was poor all round, just never created a chance for any of the forwards, the only real clear cut chance I can remember was Peacock, and that was the first minute!

the only real clear cut chance I can remember was Peacock, and that was the first minute!
Presumably, you remember it because you were in the East End and it very nearly hit you.

I have to say I was surprised. For all his failings, I'd always assumed Peacock was deadly from one yard out with the keeper sitting on his arse.

Ah well, shows what I know.

I bumped into another well-known forum contributor outside the ground, queuing for the match programme, and we discussed what line-up Wilson might conjure up; and in the other guy's words: "I hope Burnell doesn't play in midfield or we'll be in trouble" .... what prophetic words.

The thing was, everyone in ear shot agreed with him. Not just forum contributors, but other supporters who have nothing to do with this online chat thing.

Guest whitey_03
Presumably, you remember it because you were in the East End and it very nearly hit you.

I have to say I was surprised. For all his failings, I'd always assumed Peacock was deadly from one yard out with the keeper sitting on his arse.

Ah well, shows what I know.

I have never had to duck and cover so quickly in all my life. Not critising him because he missed just pointing out that it seemed easier to score than miss, but that seems to mark a man low on confidence, very low on confidence.

Huw apologises for Saturday and Sunday mate, I went to Bristol with a mobile and no charger, come Saturday night I had no battery to text you back. I unbelievably left my phone on Lee's kitchen counter on my to the game, so was unable to call to meet up for a pint. The lead up to this weekend was a shambles :P but I will meet up with you next time we are in Bristol.

On a brighter note though, I thought the East End was an experience worth waiting for, but can anyone shed some light on the " trouble " mentioned in the East End, I was in there and didnt see anything at all. It would be a shame if that closed, because the singing and chants were brilliant.

Archived