IGNORED

Set Pieces

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Is anyone else fed up with every aspect of Citys play concerning free kicks? Saturday was another sloppy goal conceeded from one and when it comes to our attacking situations I don't think I've seen anything creative all season. Even corners are a waste of time, there doesn't seem to be any thought, just pumped in hoping for the best.

I wont even go into throw ins.

I wonder how much this is worked on in training, or is most time spent recording pointless interviews for Bristol City world and other media?

It wouldn't be as frustrating if it wasn't obviously something that could be worked on on the training ground. Danny should get these things practiced. I'd like to see a training session see what they actually do!

I'd love to see some stats as to how many of our corners in the last 5 games have actually got over the first defender! I bet it is single figures. Corners should be a good chance to get at goal but when we get them it's just a complete waste of time.

OK I was watching the game at the time and saw the game on TV on sunday to have a second look, and it confirmed what I thought at the time; the first goal from the free kick was ENTIRELY PHIILLIPS' FAULT. He stayed on his line when he should have come out and caught it.

Where did Cooksey head it? INSIDE THE SIX YARD BOX. That area is the goalkeepers territory and nobody else's. If a goalkeeper cannot control the six-yard box then he's no good at his job.

I've railed at Phillips' lack of arial ability and its cost City countless goals this season. If there are those of you reading this who doubt it, then how else can it be explained that City concede an unacceptably high percentage of goals from corners or free-kicks? Set plays when the ball is in the air and REQUIRES th egoalkeeper to negate the threat. If the defenders were to be looked at, when how is it they can cope with normal play routines?

City have conceeded 29 goals in the league this season, 14 from set plays (a touch under 50%). Its easily the worst stat of the entire division. And its a clear pointer that we have a keeper afraid to help his defence out and come to claim the ball. If he can't do that basic requirement of goalkeeping then we need a replacement.

Not if the ball is floated into the six yard box; one would expect the keeper to come and simply catch it. Butler stared open-mouthed at Phillips when the ball went in; couldn't believe what he saw.

Yes Butler had a bad game and looked out of his depth but any cross into the 6 yard box must be the keeper's, or else what's the point of having one? Replace him with a cardboard cutout.

Archived