IGNORED

atmosphere on saturday?

Guest bcfc 99

Guest bcfc 99

do people think we will be out sung by forest 3,000 odd or will our fans be up for it and make it another middlsborough?

Saturday should be rocking. I just hope that idiot PA bloke keeps off the tannoy. This is basically like a playoff final to us - it is that important I reckon. If we can't generate an atmosphere on Saturday then we never will. Every single one of us has a part to play and if anyone tells you to sit down or shut up tell them to p1ss off.

don't give up on ashton gate

opening the east end improves it no end..

but we do not need fake noise, northern-anthem-amarillo, when we score.

I have a horrible feeling that as its a big game, the pa bloke will be even more up for it, making it even worse than what it usually is. Is there anybody who knows (or is!) the powers that be, that can stop this bloke making us the laughing stock of the division? Please!

Does anybody else feel like this or am i bening a bit dramatic?

I cant stand the bloke!

Guest scrumpyfrizla
I have a horrible feeling that as its a big game, the pa bloke will be even more up for it, making it even worse than what it usually is. Is there anybody who knows (or is!) the powers that be, that can stop this bloke making us the laughing stock of the division? Please!

Does anybody else feel like this or am i bening a bit dramatic?

I cant stand the bloke!

a set of wire cutters 20 minutes prior to the game should work :ph34r:

I think it will be as good as the boro game with the dolman block and the e block of the Williams and the h block of the ayteo with the thew in the wedlock who wants to join in making a racket

Wedlock :disapointed2se: back in the old days before the Atyeo and Dolman were even thought of there was the Country wide famous East End that gave this club united support; now renamed a few times and ridiculed by a few it is mostly populated by away fans. :disapointed2se:

Guest 3012jack
Wedlock :disapointed2se: back in the old days before the Atyeo and Dolman were even thought of there was the Country wide famous East End that gave this club united support; now renamed a few times and ridiculed by a few it is mostly populated by away fans. :disapointed2se:

How many city fans have got tickets for the EE on saturday? will we be stuck in the corner next to the Dolman? Or will we be more towards the goal? So many questions! we need to make as much noise as possible come saturday, me and my boy have EE tickets is it best to get in early ( normally in the Ateyeo) ? :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

I wasnt putting the east end down,i love it in there I'm just used to calling it that.

Guest Jamie
I suspect quite a few left it late getting tickets for the game so they could sit in the EE. I hope theres at least 150 in there prepared to sing their hearts out as I will be doing.

Yep I held out for EE, and I'm dam sure to be making some noise in their! What an atmosphere there is going to be, but not only in the EE but in Ashton Gate in genral! :chant6ez::dancing2::dancing6::preacher::trumpet::yahoo:

Guest Forest_for_life
Yep I held out for EE, and I'm dam sure to be making some noise in their! What an atmosphere there is going to be, but not only in the EE but in Ashton Gate in genral! :chant6ez::dancing2::dancing6::preacher::trumpet::yahoo:

Don't forget the 3,300 of us in the 'East End' will be giving it some.

People need to stop sulking about the East End and do their best to get behind the team from every part of the ground.

I don't care what people say about that overrated stand, 16000 City fans can make much more noise than 3000 Forest, if we really go for it. Theres a group of us with tickets in Dolman block A and we'll be singing our hearts out for the City. Hopefully we wont be alone!!

:city:

dolman a/b always sing c will be as well

Guest 3012jack

After our second goal can you keep the noise down abit, as i will be looking forward to the next 80 minutes!!!! COME ON CITY. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Guest Forest_for_life
After our second goal can you keep the noise down abit, as i will be looking forward to the next 80 minutes!!!! COME ON CITY. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Ashton Gate was like a library last year. Not sure if your all prawn munchers or if the acoustics in the ground mean we cant here you. I am confident in the football we are playing but the result could go any number of ways. With Forest you just never know.

Guest 3012jack
Ashton Gate was like a library last year. Not sure if your all prawn munchers or if the acoustics in the ground mean we cant here you. I am confident in the football we are playing but the result could go any number of ways. With Forest you just never know.

SCHHHHH Keep the noise down just got to a good page? :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

How many city fans have got tickets for the EE on saturday? will we be stuck in the corner next to the Dolman? Or will we be more towards the goal? So many questions! we need to make as much noise as possible come saturday, me and my boy have EE tickets is it best to get in early ( normally in the Ateyeo) ? :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Into the E.E of life rode the 600 got just to the edge of the goal last time, but as our leader has seen fit to give the away fans even more tickets this time and space no doubt we will be pushed right in the corner this time; cheers Steve :disapointed2se: seems fair.

I suspect quite a few left it late getting tickets for the game so they could sit in the EE. I hope theres at least 150 in there prepared to sing their hearts out as I will be doing.

I hope there's at least 599 people in there ready to sing their hearts out!

wedlocks is the pub across from Hirerite.

Naming the stand which fans had already given a name to themselves, is an insult to the fans.

yeah wedlock is an important part of our history, but i don't buy into this cult of the individual. We are a club, where everybody should be treated with the same respect and importance, from the youngest fan to the oldest fan, newest player i.e. smithy to the players from Bristol South End.

The folk history and tradition of the east end is much bigger than one individual.

Guest Warwickshire RRRRed

There are many people who turn up week in and week out, who are a bit embarrassed about standing up and singing. I fully understand that, being the shy and retiring type myself (Shirtless in Boro, Fat Bloke, NOT really a role model for the surrounding youngsters, but hey it was the right thing to do up there)!!

HOWEVER.........can I plead with those of you who do fall into the shy bracket to give it LARGE on Saturday, and b*gger what anyone around you thinks. Yes, we've had a couple of full houses this year, with a tasy atmosphere, but the Forest game is now the biggest of the lot. They'll be screaming their lot on, so we need every true RED old and young to vocally get behind the lads from 2.45 to 5pm. We see many references to the '12th man' on this board, this time it's for real.

3 points on Saturday and the rest of 'Division 3' will believe we're finally on our way up. Mind you I've held that belief EVERY season since the early 70's, and I 'm not gloating when I say I WAS RIGHT in '76, '84, '90 and '98. OK, not exactly Mystic Meg........but not a bad strike rate!

PLEASE, however shy you are, JOIN IN on Saturday. TA.

Guest 3012jack
There are many people who turn up week in and week out, who are a bit embarrassed about standing up and singing. I fully understand that, being the shy and retiring type myself (Shirtless in Boro, Fat Bloke, NOT really a role model for the surrounding youngsters, but hey it was the right thing to do up there)!!

HOWEVER.........can I plead with those of you who do fall into the shy bracket to give it LARGE on Saturday, and b*gger what anyone around you thinks. Yes, we've had a couple of full houses this year, with a tasy atmosphere, but the Forest game is now the biggest of the lot. They'll be screaming their lot on, so we need every true RED old and young to vocally get behind the lads from 2.45 to 5pm. We see many references to the '12th man' on this board, this time it's for real.

3 points on Saturday and the rest of 'Division 3' will believe we're finally on our way up. Mind you I've held that belief EVERY season since the early 70's, and I 'm not gloating when I say I WAS RIGHT in '76, '84, '90 and '98. OK, not exactly Mystic Meg........but not a bad strike rate!

Here Here lets drown them out, every man woman and child SCREAM FOR CITY. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Saturday should be rocking. I just hope that idiot PA bloke keeps off the tannoy. This is basically like a playoff final to us - it is that important I reckon. If we can't generate an atmosphere on Saturday then we never will. Every single one of us has a part to play and if anyone tells you to sit down or shut up tell them to p1ss off.

The bad thing is that bloke can't keep himself away from the microphone! Like against middlesbrough their fans were taunting us like mad because we needed someone to start us off singing.

Well said that man. You and your fellow shirtless wonders were a sight to behold.

Make it loud make us proud.

PDG

Guest RedofHeaven

FAO OC 1645

I'm not going to debate this with you but neither will I let it pass.

You base your knowledge of the miners strike on what, news reports, 2nd / 3rd hand accounts?

If a couple of coach loads of "Wiltshire's" came over to Bath got drunk, smashed up some shops and pubs spat at your Grandmother and the following day asked you to strike to support them without allowing you your right to a ballot would you support them?

I wouldn't and I didn't.

However if a few people had come and canvassed in a civilizaed way conducted a National Ballot (which Scargill would have won, over 70% of Notts miners supported the strike at the start, but weren't going to be bullied) then there would have been a fully supported national strike.

"Ooooooooohhhh arrrrrrr ambrosia"..........neither will I let that comment pass from the Forest supporter without reply.

City to fell the Forest this Saturday !!!!!

Up the City

Think you asked for that red of heaven.............'OC 1645' is our historian and a legend.

Tackle him at your peril......or best "shut thee trap up" as they like to say up north!!!!!

Guest MrJoey
dolman a/b always sing c will be as well

Your joking... right?

Dolman stand is a libary, only g block makes noise.

only chant the rest of the dolman participate in is the " come on you reds "

Guest Forest_for_life
SCAB !!!!!!!

How the hell you Nottingham miners could continue working when your fellow Englishmen were on strike and being battered by Royalist Gestapo Police to try to keep coal jobs I don't know......

'The Scab' by Jack London 1876- 1918........

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab. A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas sold his Saviour for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British army. The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.

The Nottingham miners were intelligent folk who could see that the coal industry in this country was doomed to fail. Uneconomical pits were ruining the industry and most primary industries such as Iron and Steel had already packed up. Anyway if YOU would like to bring up the past then only 4/5 years before the miners strike this happened:

0,,10308~337200,00.jpg

The Nottingham miners were intelligent folk who could see that the coal industry in this country was doomed to fail. Uneconomical pits were ruining the industry and most primary industries such as Iron and Steel had already packed up. Anyway if YOU would like to bring up the past then only 4/5 years before the miners strike this happened:

0,,10308~337200,00.jpg

I didn't realise you'd won the European Cup a couple of times. I'm surprised when your boys come on here that they don't mention it more often!!

0,,10308~337200,00.jpg

I seem to remember he was bringing up the past of what life was like back then. Not when some team from Robin Hood won the EuropeanCup.

Then again, just like typical Forest fans, the slightest chacne they get to bring up the fact that they won the European cup they will.

Guest Forest_for_life
I didn't realise you'd won the European Cup a couple of times. I'm surprised when your boys come on here that they don't mention it more often!!

It was over 25 years ago Greebo and we are now in league one attempting to get back to the CCC. I think if opposition fans are going to bring up the past, miners strike and 'scabs' at every opportunity then why shouldnt we do as well?

Guest Forest_for_life
I seem to remember he was bringing up the past of what life was like back then. Not when some team from Robin Hood won the EuropeanCup.

Then again, just like typical Forest fans, the slightest chacne they get to bring up the fact that they won the European cup they will.

The miners strike was 20 years ago. It has little relevance to Saturdays game and to Forest as a football club. We arent from 'Robin Hood' you daft idiot although we are often known as Robin Hood's merry men.

The miners strike was 20 years ago. It has little relevance to Saturdays game and to Forest as a football club. We arent from 'Robin Hood' you daft idiot although we are often known as Robin Hood's merry men.

The pi55 take was obviously lost in the wires between here and Nottinghamshire!

I don't see whatyouve got to be so merry about, your 3rd in League 1. Being in the 3rd tier of englishfootball isnt exactly something to write home about.

It was over 25 years ago Greebo and we are now in league one attempting to get back to the CCC. I think if opposition fans are going to bring up the past, miners strike and 'scabs' at every opportunity then why shouldnt we do as well?

I remember it well mate although I don't think your fans always need the "scabs" excuse to bring it up to be honest. Gon on forestfans.co.uk for ½ hour and there will be at least one poster who mentions it - particularly in banter with opposition fans.

Your joking... right?

Dolman stand is a libary, only g block makes noise.

only chant the rest of the dolman participate in is the " come on you reds "

I sit pretty much half way along the Dolman and can assure you that more noise comes from A&B block than from G

Very well put! The atmosphere away to Forest by the Forest fans was absolutely superb considering the OTT stewarding and policing they suffer! Although it did seem to be mainly us who had problems with them! We need to recreate an atmopshere as good as that! We can't have them going away from the gate thinkling we are all prawn sandwich munchers as earlier said! I'd say (unfortunately) most are but we have to change that on Saturday!

FLYING HIGH UP IN THE SKY!

scabs came more from mansfield than nottingham didn't they?

anyway..

a question for you forrest fan, how is nottingham divided in terms of supporting county or forest? Are you geographically divided (like us) or one half glory seekers, the other half dwindling numbers of old folk remembering the good old days (bradford?)

Good to see a Forest fan in here.

As for that Tannoy bloke I tend to agree... he needs some eloqusion lessons for a start not to mention a remake of his kinnock like arms flappin about all over the place. he means well though.

Amarillo should be binned for a decent track from west country band Tears for Fears such as 'everybody wants to rule the world' well, we can dream can't we?!!

Guest RedofHeaven
Arny, I was a little too respectful of 'red of heaven' initially thinking him a City supporter. However, I've read his personal details and it seems he's yet another Nottingham Forest supporting self-confessed SCAB. I think I'd rather have eaten boiled grass rather than work while this was happening to my fellow coal miners and countrymen..........

police_hitting_miners.jpg

.....hundreds of miners were savagely beaten up by Police and arrested during the strike while red of heaven was quite happy to work. 'The Scab' by Jack London - written almost 100 years before the 1984/85 coal strike - rings well true. :whistle2:

I see you have skillfully avoided answering my question. If you did I guess, in your virtual world were the decision has no consequences, the answer would be yes. Would this, by your definition, make you a virtual scab?

I won't post again on the subject, as others have pointed out it was a generation ago, but I respect your right to reply but lets leave it there eh? We won't agree.

As to the question of the fan split in Nottingham. No real geographic split, historically (pre 1950's County were the better supported team but though the 60's Forest took over as the "top team". County fans will tell you that their support was decimated by the slum clearance to the South of the city centre (Meadows area) in late 60's / early 70's.

Guest Forest_for_life
scabs came more from mansfield than nottingham didn't they?

anyway..

a question for you forrest fan, how is nottingham divided in terms of supporting county or forest? Are you geographically divided (like us) or one half glory seekers, the other half dwindling numbers of old folk remembering the good old days (bradford?)

Most Notts fans are old which is the impression I get although Forest get more support amongst the young generation because we are a more attractive club than they are to support. What many don't realise is that the vast majority of Forest fans want Notts to do well and that the real hatred is all towards those ######s from down the A52.

Guest STA-BS14

I am season ticket holder block b dolman, and i try to start chants every game, i will be on top form saturday after a few in the robins before

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US HAS TO CONTRIBUTE

If you hear someone try and start a chant, don't pretend you cant hear them, JOIN IN.

:goingup:

I am season ticket holder block b dolman, and i try to start chants every game, i will be on top form saturday after a few in the robins before

If you hear someone try and start a chant, don't pretend you cant hear them, JOIN IN.

A nice early goal would do the atmosphere the world of good. Then 20 min in the news that scunny are losing 2-0. "WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE etc" :fingerscrossed:

I hear ye ol' mukker! Each cidered sing out loud and proud!

:chant6ez:

Let's show our boys from minute one that we're right behind them.

:city:

Am getting a 6am train :noexpression: down from Leeds on saturday and cannot wait to get to Ashton Gate to scream the lads on to victory!

good on you!

exactly the attitude we need!

I will contribute

LET THE PLAYERS HEAR OUR SUPPORT

Am getting a 6am train :noexpression: down from Leeds on saturday and cannot wait to get to Ashton Gate to scream the lads on to victory!

Good work!

must be getting to Bristol quite early then!

Just been txt a delightful refrain to shout on Saturday, courtesy of an Ipswich Town supporting mate.

First heard echoing around Portman Road as the Tractor Boys put 6 goals past a Forest team on it's way to league one;

(to the tune of "the referee's a W@*ker!")

CLOUGH WOULD BE EMBARRASSED!

Thought it was quite clever myself, might try start this one!

Good work!

must be getting to Bristol quite early then!

Indeed!

Could have left a couple of hours later, but it would have cost me £25 more :shocking: !

Needed the extra dosh for the half time bovril and pie, so 6 o'clock train it is! ;)

Most Notts fans are old which is the impression I get although Forest get more support amongst the young generation because we are a more attractive club than they are to support. What many don't realise is that the vast majority of Forest fans want Notts to do well and that the real hatred is all towards those ######s from down the A52.

I think its great to see Derby on the verge of the Premiership, hope they go up, just to upset you lot !!!!

Sorry to be funny like, but if there aren't Forest fans coming on here Sunday taking the piss going : ''we couldn't hear you'', ''Ashton Gate The Library''...etc then I'll be surprised.

Those calling for strong vocal support and an overwhelming atmosphere of positivity for The RedMen ..... good luck, I just can't see it (you know what AG's like).

Lot's of 'part-timers', segragated mad-for-it types, Forest having a mass of bodies in the best acoustically stand in the ground, etc etc......bottom line: thankyou Colin.

What many don't realise is that the vast majority of Forest fans want Notts to do well and that the real hatred is all towards those ######s from down the A52.

This is where we vary. In the past Forest flew into the oblivion so lost all connection with your insignificant few. We, and it does hurt to say it, haven't ever really done that - so 'they' have been our predominant concern for too long.

We've never quite kicked the scum off, holding Bristol Football back they do partially account for. losers.

You'll find the deep routed equivalental (wrd?) 'hatred' amongst City fans beyond the scum are not S*indol or Mi*lwall but The Welsh - for obvious Geographical reasons. I mean would you ever want to be affiliated with that ??

Writing of atmosphere, I remember us beating Derby County 6-2 in the FA Cup on a freezing cold Saturday afternoon circa 1979/80. Derby were taking a real hammering on the pitch and yet their faithful few of only about 300 continued to sing 'Super Derby' on the Park End terrace 'til the End. The best away support I can ever remember - fair play to Derby that day for that kind of vocal support considering their team were being trounced.

I remember that, was sure it was an evening KO though `cos me and the old man turned up abit late and we were already 2-0 up !!

PDG

Archived