IGNORED

Roberts As A Striker

Guest Rob

I know this has been discussed before but surely on Wednesday with Peacock looking set to miss out, Christian Roberts should get the chance to lead the line.

I cannot understand how a player who scored over 15 goals this season and scored against Grimsby upfront this season has been constantly overlooked ever since.

With Leroy also looking quiet on Saturday, possibly a Miller Roberts combo at Tranmere with Robbo feeding off Windy's knock downs.

Both have strength, one has aerial power, the other has pace and a great strike on him, What a partnership surely?????

Personally, I'd keep Robbo down the right side as he does the best job down there and go with Miller and Lita. Just hope Goodfellow starts down the left, even though he was poor on saturday, he gives us a better balance.

What better confidence boost is there for Roberts if he was actually started as a striker. At he moment he is told ' you aren't good enough to be considered as striking competition but go play out on the wing and produce the goods'.

He was bought as a striker, he has tried to adapt but is obviously not happy, so it isn't working and goals aren't happening.

Give him a fair chance. If he still looks as unhappy and unconfident then it's time for him to move on, both for his sake and the clubs.

Obviously starting Roberts as a striker in this delicate stage of the season will pile the pressure on him. He has to take the chance, if offered, as his career may depend on it, and make sure he plays like it does!

Rest Lee P as he has looked jaded for a while, gradually introduce him again as sub when fit. Put Miller and Roberts up front. Have Lita as sub too, bring him on late when defenders are tired. There Sorted!

Guest superbob

I agree, we should stop playing guys outa position. Give Robbo a chance upfront with Peacock out and off form what other choice does DW have.

Roberts and lita are both runners, up front we need the mix. With Miller having the ariel advantage he has to start, so we are left with who to partner him. Lita is playing well at the moment so would seem the obvious choice, but Roberts has gotta get a chance soon.

Goodfellow although he had a poor game when he came on, would still be my choice for the left wing. He looks a threat on the ball and can get some good crosses in. Crosses are what the team is lacking at the moment, infact the only good crosses I have seen of late were from Woodman at sheff wed, so that doesn't say much.

I'm not a big fan of wilkshire but he can put a good ball in, play him on the right.

I just hope DW finds the right mix in time.

Archived