IGNORED

it is going to cost us

Red Robin

Doom and Gloom,Realistic call it what you like however this side is inploding.

Today again we were second best for much of the game.

Goals look more likely to come from the man on the moon.

I said Saturday we would loose today.

I'm going to stick me head on the block and give the results for the remaining games.

Here goes.

BCFC v Yeovil score draw

Carly v BCFC home win

Millwall v BCFC home win

BCFC v Rothy home win

my reckoning is 4 points from the last 4 games is this good enough.That gives us 8 points on Forest

I reckon Forest can easily claim more than 8 points from there remaining games.

Playoffs I reckon for city and not a hope in hell of winning them.

City will have been caught out by not investing in a couple of quality strikers,when Brookers situation was not improving many many months ago.

Short sighted or what,What worrys me is GJ thinks his strikers are good enough to take city up,GJ it stands out a mile they quite clearly are not.

Many on here poored scorn on me when i kept on about the striker situation all those months back,however it is going to bite us on the ass big time.

GJ we called you magic johnson when you arrived,you really need to weave your magic to get us up, those numptys up front as said previously could not score in a brothel,please please don't blow it now.

i knew this would happen,

as soon as city lose its "oh here we go city are going to f*#k it up"

were still 4points clear of forest

who can only draw wit Rotherham at home

i would take a draw from our last 2away games

(cos lets face it they're not easy games)

and wins at home, and yes i know we will need to score, and no i don't where they will come.

KEEP THE FAITH!!! :Believe:

• Admin
Its down to the manager and players now to prove you wrong then, Still maybe if we were in the bottom 4 you would be happy eh?

I don't think he'd be happy about a bottom four place.

Scoring has been a problem all season, we've not put a team to the sword, our biggest win has been 3-0.

Many on here have pointed out the lack of quality from the flanks, the lack of a clinical finisher, we've our defence to thank for our league position. GJ is no fool, he's obviously aware of the deficiences and has tried to bring in players to rectify them, Holt wouldn't come, Popsisil wouldn't either, others GJ rejected for attitude and other reasons. If we do manage to get up, I'm sure we'll see some big changes to the line up - there will have to be if we go up and want to stay up.

I can understand the frustrations, I'm also thinking "are they going to bottle it again", can I actually face another season of watching the same old shite, teams who come and put 10 men behind the ball, teams who try and bring you down to their level, the ball up in the air, more than it's on the floor etc etc....

The main thing is, that fans use the forums, the pubs and workplaces to vent the frustrations, express their fear of failure - yet again!! - but hopefully next Saturday will see the same positive support that we saw against Swansea.

Scoring has been a problem all season, we've not put a team to the sword, our biggest win has been 3-0.

Many on here have pointed out the lack of quality from the flanks, the lack of a clinical finisher, we've our defence to thank for our league position. GJ is no fool, he's obviously aware of the deficiences and has tried to bring in players to rectify them, Holt wouldn't come, Popsisil wouldn't either, others GJ rejected for attitude and other reasons. If we do manage to get up, I'm sure we'll see some big changes to the line up - there will have to be if we go up and want to stay up.

I can understand the frustrations, I'm also thinking "are they going to bottle it again", can I actually face another season of watching the same old shite, teams who come and put 10 men behind the ball, teams who try and bring you down to their level, the ball up in the air, more than it's on the floor etc etc....

The main thing is, that fans use the forums, the pubs and workplaces to vent the frustrations, express their fear of failure - yet again!! - but hopefully next Saturday will see the same positive support that we saw against Swansea.

Were all worried but theres nothing WE can do about it. All WE can do is turn up at the matches and get behind the team and support them. Thats all. Negativity wont help us get promoted or in the play offs.

Guest Red to the world

I'm going to stick me head on the block and give the results for the remaining games.

Here goes.

BCFC v Yeovil score draw

Carly v BCFC home win

Millwall v BCFC home win

BCFC v Rothy home win

my reckoning is 4 points from the last 4 games is this good enough.That gives us 8 points on Forest

City will have been caught out by not investing in a couple of quality strikers,when Brookers situation was not improving many many months ago.

Short sighted or what,What worrys me is GJ thinks his strikers are good enough to take city up,GJ it stands out a mile they quite clearly are not.

Many on here poored scorn on me when i kept on about the striker situation all those months back,however it is going to bite us on the ass big time.

GJ we called you magic johnson when you arrived,you really need to weave your magic to get us up, those numptys up front as said previously could not score in a brothel,please please don't blow it now.

Totally agree mate - I had the scorn and insults as well but we were right - going to blow it again as usual - not that I won't be there cheering myself hoarse but strikers ????????????

Trouble is i have seen it so many bloody times, we bottle it,GJ has got to earn his corn over the next few weeks,prove me wrong GJ show us why you came here you want it,we want it,do it for the magnificent fans,

Guest richerella
your predictions give us 4 points, not 3. which gives us 8, not 7 points from forest. I disagree with your predictions. I think we'll win both our home games. that should do.

2 points from 9 is relegation form. In any other season we would be out of the running by now but this isn't any other season. Our dip in form has come at a bad time but fortunately it has now even started to effect S****horpe who also lost today. Forest will be kicking themselves they could be in second by now if they had got their game together. They are in third place in the league and are calling for the heads of the management team. I said last week that no wins from these two games would have this forum looking like the French Revolution baying at Madame Guillotine and I haven't been disappointed :rolleyes: but this is why we pay the money.

I love Bristol City and this is the game I love. If it was predictable - yes we could have been celebrating promotion by now - would we love it as much?

Back the boys - as supporters it's all we can do. We will improve! Why? Everytime City get into a situation where we should roll the opposition over we screw it up. Now people expect us to "implode" it will reverse - that pressure that was on us against Middlesboro will come back now that there are other teams in the running for 2nd and our focus will return on the pitch. The easier it gets for City the worse our performances will get.

Put your house on a home win against Yeovil. As scary is it sounds for a prediction I think we'll romp home frankly. 1-0 at Half Time - 3-1 FT

Here goes.

BCFC v Yeovil score draw

Carly v BCFC home win

Millwall v BCFC home win

BCFC v Rothy home win

Thank God GJ and the team aren't panicking like you! It's a ridiculous over-reaction. Take a few deep breaths. Then look at the league table and today's results again. We're going up.

We deserved something out of the game today and were unlucky not to get it. Only the woodwork kept us out.

Whatever your views on the team/manager/uncle tom cobbley and all, there is an unpleasant fact to be faced, we have a powderpuff strikeforce.

Wether or not we make it though, is down to the WHOLE team. IF they play to their capacity, we'll go up.

What we as supporters should now do is blow the forkin roof off at both remaining home games, and for those that travel to the delights of the northern Wastelands, or the cockernee sewer, is to make some forkin noise there. support the bloody players on the pitch. Christ I'll even support Jevons on the pitch, he plays for City.

So we werent that good today. Move on, Yeovil & Carlisle next.....lets kick some ass now! Performances aint going to be great, grinding the result will be

If we manage this feat, it may just help the team grind out the results we need for promotion. worry about the performances after the season finishes

We aint going to get any classics now, all the top teams bar Blackpool, and Yeovil are feeling pressure, and expectation, here and Forest in particular, and Scunny too appear to be faltering...so whats new. We aint bottling it, we have unfortunately hit a dry spell for scoring goals- we need to get goals-back your team

The time for repercussions is IF we blow it, and not while we have a chance of promotion-we're still in the hunt. back the team. Lets be honest it could be worse, it could be a Wonderson team, and we'd REALLY be brickin it. Pressure is tellin on all of us.

Just because some on here don't reckon we can do it, don't mean you can turn on em, even if some on here love that shyt. They have a different view, s still valid, even if you disagree.

We all want the same thing PROMOTION. Lets go get the sucker.

You Reds.

no point in predictions for other teams results, or our results, you never know what too expect with City, 2 wins should seal the deal for city!

I agree if city beat Yeovil they can clinch it at Carly however I SEE ONE POINT FROM THE TWO GAMES.

Many on here have pointed out the lack of quality from the flanks, the lack of a clinical finisher, we've our defence to thank for our league position. GJ is no fool, he's obviously aware of the deficiences and has tried to bring in players to rectify them, Holt wouldn't come, Popsisil wouldn't either, others GJ rejected for attitude and other reasons.

I would just like to say that I don't accept that enough was done to bring in a striker in January. Johnson knew we needed one and failed to get one. We don't know what went on behind the scenes, but I find it hard to accept that much effort was involved.

We automatically assume that a striker must come from the leagues above us, but we have the whole of Europe to choose from.

Considering the 'contacts' Johnson is supposed to have, I'm frankly amazed that a striker of sufficient proven ability was not to be had in the WHOLE OF EUROPE, especially eastern europe.

Guest ashtonyate
I would just like to say that I don't accept that enough was done to bring in a striker in January. Johnson knew we needed one and failed to get one. We don't know what went on behind the scenes, but I find it hard to accept that much effort was involved.

We automatically assume that a striker must come from the leagues above us, but we have the whole of Europe to choose from.

Considering the 'contacts' Johnson is supposed to have, I'm frankly amazed that a striker of sufficient proven ability was not to be had in the WHOLE OF EUROPE, especially eastern europe.

I agree, but the question that I would like to know is can he handle older & more experience players or does he have a problem with them also what is the most he has paid for a player since he became a Manager

I agree, but the question that I would like to know is can he handle older & more experience players or does he have a problem with them also what is the most he has paid for a player since he became a Manager

easter comes to mind a goal scorer who would/should have bagged us enough goals to have taken us up by know.

GJ says his attitude is wrong,good management could/would have sorted that problem out.

our position in the league with 4 games to go totally counter acts what you have said

our position in the league with 4 games to go totally counter acts what you have said

A blind man with 3 legs knows we`ve been short of a decent striker basically all season; with Brookers seasonal sick note not helping. Bring back Roberts :surrender:

Here goes.

BCFC v Yeovil score draw

Carly v BCFC home win

Millwall v BCFC home win

BCFC v Rothy home win

Red Robin, have you ever thought about being positive.

I've yet to read a positive post from you.

It's almost as if you want us to not make it so that you can say "I told you so".

Thank God you're not the manager. With your negativity throughout the season we'd be relegated by now!!!

Guest Red to the world
easter comes to mind a goal scorer who would/should have bagged us enough goals to have taken us up by know.

GJ says his attitude is wrong,good management could/would have sorted that problem out.

Good God - people are starting to agree with my posts from months back - enough said......

Red Robin, have you ever thought about being positive.

I've yet to read a positive post from you.

It's almost as if you want us to not make it so that you can say "I told you so".

Thank God you're not the manager. With your negativity throughout the season we'd be relegated by now!!!

sorry mate I speak as I see it,I will be the proudest guy walking if we go up,however as I keep saying its a long way still to go [TWO WINS] which for the life of me I can not see us getting on current form.

Reality and Honesty I'm afraid.

Jermaine Easter??? pah, no better than Jevons, looking at his record this season only a few more goals despite being in a lower league

looking at league 2, why don't we just go for old man Forrester oh or what about Jason "pineapple on his head" Lee who have scored equal or more goals than easter

would he have scored at this level though?? he's only scored 4 more than jevons in a league lower?

looking back at Jevons spells at level, he totally outshown easter,

easter has done nothing of note

Are you going to retract this accusation of ''scorn'' and issue an appology if it happens to not ''bite us on the ass''?

As you proclaim to have such Mystic Meg qualities I assume you win lottery after lottery btw.

You do not receive ''scorn'' for your anxieties involving our strikeforce (many others have done that), you receive ''scorn'' for being such a consistently miserable bastard.

You seem to take such smug delight in your prophecies of doom, the same goes for your pact in suicide: red to the world. It is a very safe securety of personal pride to play it cautious/negative as if we do happen to succeed you can say:''I'm the proudest man walking'' and if we don't you can say:''I told you so''. What a way to live.

Chances are that whatever position City find themselves in years to come you'll be the one focussing on our weakest points and using them to predict our imminent downfall.

Incidentally, would you fancy a little wager and actually put some money where your mouth is - £20 says we're going up if you're interested?...... or would you rather just continue your boring but safe win/win winge-moan-droan habbit you like to inflict onto this forum?

Are you going to retract this accusation of ''scorn'' and issue an appology if it happens to not ''bite us on the ass''?

As you proclaim to have such Mystic Meg qualities I assume you win lottery after lottery btw.

You do not receive ''scorn'' for your anxieties involving our strikeforce (many others have done that), you receive ''scorn'' for being such a consistently miserable bastard.

You seem to take such smug delight in your prophecies of doom, the same goes for your pact in suicide: red to the world. It is a very safe securety of personal pride to play it cautious/negative as if we do happen to succeed you can say:''I'm the proudest man walking'' and if we don't you can say:''I told you so''. What a way to live.

Chances are that whatever position City find themselves in years to come you'll be the one focussing on our weakest points and using them to predict our imminent downfall.

Incidentally, would you fancy a little wager and actually put some money where your mouth is - £20 says we're going up if you're interested?...... or would you rather just continue your boring but safe win/win winge-moan-droan habbit you like to inflict onto this forum?

I tell you something I will take a bet £100.00 that we will not go up via the playoffs, if your interested that is putting my money where my mouth is.

Unless we go up automatic by hook or by crook, the firepower is not there to take us up they have to improve big time for it to become reality.

Sadly as predicated I see four more points for us on the four games left 1 draw,2 losses,1 win.

I tell you something I will take a bet £100.00 that we will not go up via the playoffs, if your interested that is putting my money where my mouth is.

Unless we go up automatic by hook or by crook, the firepower is not there to take us up they have to improve big time for it to become reality.

Sadly as predicated I see four more points for us on the four games left 1 draw,2 losses,1 win.

There's a gambling principle I abide too that states you should never bet more than what you can afford to lose. So will you settle on £50?

Just to clarefy the evantualities: If we go up automatically or by winning the playoffs I win but if we do neither you win.

If you're simply saying that if we fall into the playoffs you will bet that we lose them then that's different and I'm out.

I'm a bit confused by your wording.

There's a gambling principle I abide too that states you should never bet more than what you can afford to lose. So will you settle on £50?

Just to clarefy the evantualities: If we go up automatically or by winning the playoffs I win but if we do neither you win.

If you're simply saying that if we fall into the playoffs you will bet that we lose them then that's different and I'm out.

I'm a bit confused by your wording.

I'm talking playoffs we would not get promoted, no chance and bet the amount above.

By some miracle we may just scrape over the winning line for second ,so I would be silly at this delicate stage to say we won't however gut feeling is we are going to blow it.

Trouble is i have seen it so many bloody times, we bottle it

When? Please name me one time when we have been in a position as good as this and not made it? We bottled it in the playoffs with Wilson a couple of times, true, but I don't recall one season in the last 20 when we have been points clear in the promotion places and not gone up. Where are these 'so many bloody times' you are going on about?

By some miracle we may just scrape over the winning line for second ,so I would be silly at this delicate stage to say we won't however gut feeling is we are going to blow it.

If it's going to take a quote: ''miracle'' to win automatic promotion then why would you be silly to bet against it? I'm yet to witness a miracle with my own eyes. Play off's is a different cattle of fish, a lottery that seems to favour those not dealing with the heartache of narrowly missing out on the top two.

You are also therefore not prepared to put your money where your mouth is regarding this quote...

....suggesting that you are not fully prepared to genuinely deny that what you state so chatagorically as truth is infact quite fallible.

....suggesting that what you say and how you say it is of little value.

....which now again makes me wonder why I bother with you, I must stop it.

Anyway, regarding this quote...

Doom and Gloom,Realistic call it what you like

''Doom and Gloom'' is what I'm opting for calling your original post. Bringing ''realism'' into it is as bigger a joke as what followed.

What I would say in 7 weeks time is that if we have failed to achieve promotion it would be fair to say that it was chiefly down to the poor strike rate from our front men, that's not to say now that we won't succeed despite it.

To confidently make such dissmissive and outright pressumptious comments at the point where there is still all to play for and then also turn down the offer of putting something of value on the line over it when challanged is imo the work of a previously stated: false, miserable prophet of doom (who also seems surprised/bitter that he was critisized previously for such negativety).

Still, as long as you're happy.

Goodbye.

If it's going to take a quote: ''miracle'' to win automatic promotion then why would you be silly to bet against it? I'm yet to witness a miracle with my own eyes. Play off's is a different cattle of fish, a lottery that seems to favour those not dealing with the heartache of narrowly missing out on the top two.

You are also therefore not prepared to put your money where your mouth is regarding this quote...

....suggesting that you are not fully prepared to genuinely deny that what you state so chatagorically as truth is infact quite fallible.

''Doom and Gloom'' is what I'm opting for calling your original post. Bringing ''realism'' into it is as bigger a joke as what followed.

What I would say in 7 weeks time is that if we have failed to achieve promotion it would be fair to say that it was chiefly down to the poor strike rate from our front men, that's not to say now that we won't succeed despite it.

To confidently make such dissmissive and outright pressumptious comments at the point where there is still all to play for and then also turn down the offer of putting something of value on the line over it when challanged is imo the work of a previously stated: false, miserable prophet of doom (who also seems surprised/bitter that he was critisized previously for such negativety).

Goodbye.

So speaks one of the few eloquent voices of reason in this cesspool of pessimism and negativity

When? Please name me one time when we have been in a position as good as this and not made it? We bottled it in the playoffs with Wilson a couple of times, true, but I don't recall one season in the last 20 when we have been points clear in the promotion places and not gone up. Where are these 'so many bloody times' you are going on about?

How about 2001/2, top on New Years Day and finished seventh.

2003/4 - in the top two in the Spring and then buggered up the play offs.

And there have been many other seasons when we have failed to even make the play offs due to our traditional end of season collapse.

And there have been many other seasons when we have failed to even make the play offs due to our traditional end of season collapse.

Andy,

short memorys some have on here,however they may not have been following the reds at that time.

City are traditional bottlers when it matters most history shows that, let them look back properly and tell me otherwise.

Goodbye.

Brainwash yourself all you like,the facts speak for themselves,let no man,woman,child tell you any different.

City on current form are going to struggle to find the points.

END OFF.

Guest Red to the world
Brainwash yourself all you like,the facts speak for themselves,let no man,woman,child tell you any different.

END OFF.

Join the RTTW realists club - our membership is growing fast !

Guest Red to the world
it's now reached 2........... :winner_third_h4h:

More like about 50% of the board actually but perhaps you don't read what you don't like to hear.............

We were top by one point having played 2 games more than everyone else. We were 7th by February despite only losing one game, just that others had played their games in hand.

A head to head tussle with QPR that we very narrowly lost out on, more from their good form than our bad. Hardly bottling it

Once again, we weren't in the lead and bottled it.

Only three times in the 25 years that I've been watching City have we been points clear at this stage of the season and we've gone up every time, not bottled it.

END OFF.

Righ then. Let me join your current form reality Club for a minute and base all on your chosen method of prediction; current form.

The last 6 games is usually considered current form:

BCFC 8/18 pts

NCFC 9/18 pts

Blackpool 15/18 pts.

If we are to take these totals and average them out over 4 games:

BCFC 5/12

NCFC 6/12

Blackpool 10/12

Added to our respective current totals

BCFC 81 pts

Blackpool 81 pts

NCFC 78 pts

So you'd be right if you were to say we may struggle on current form. However since when has the last 6 games been an indicator of the next 4?

I can see two wins (82pts) being enough, and I can't see Blackpool getting better than 9, (neither can a Blackpool fan who was on here earlier).

the facts speak for themselves

They certainly do.

This btw, is not a fact....

That is the opinion of somebody who seems to be the ultimate pessimist, second only to RTTW.

END OFF :farmer:

Archived