IGNORED

No Cutting Edge

Guest poolered

Guest poolered

Well here we are in March and finally the manager identifies we have no cutting edge. Could be to do with the fact that he was sold to Reading and we bought a couple of blunt instruments with the money. Anyway the lack of goalscoring thing is interesting because looking at Danny' s signings there seem to be a high percentage of forwards in there:

Peacock

Roberts

Miller

Matthews

Goodfellow

So if we have a goalscoring problem then only one person is to blame.

interesting point, but i think thats the area we lacked when we went down from Div one - and to be honest they are mostly replacements - e.g for Thorpe, Murray etc..

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks we've never replaced strikewrs since we got relegated, just made to do and mended. Its now a serious problem for us aint it?

Or is this being too negative for rose tinted glasses? ;);)

Its natural to blame the strikers when the team is struggling to score goals - but no striker will score many goals without service and how much service did the strikers get last Saturday?

I read somewhere on here that Lita was "quiet" on Saturday and should be back on the bench tomorrow night.Well, that would be rough on Lita who can't be blamed for the teams failings.

I know that City in previous games have created many more chances that haven't been taken but without a tap-in merchant in the front line thats no suprise.Had Lita been there its probable City would have scored more goals.He is after all the most natural goalscorer at the club.Most of the players will tell you that.

In my view the last 9 games should all involve Lita in a starting place.Who he starts with is secondary.

Guest BCFC Taunton

true. but we've needed a prolific goalscorer for years. yes the strikers arent to blame but on the ocasions we got some decent balls into the box against oldham no-one was on the end of them were the striker should be.

Given that you're usually spot on Robbored (I'll get my head out of your a55 later), who would you put in midfield to provide the supply?

IMHO - Wilkshire and Goodfellow have got the skill but not the physical presence. Tinnion has great vision but no pace. Roberts is massively inconsistent. Burnell and Doherty run and tackle like footballing terriers but don't often provide passes that split defences...

IMHO - Wilkshire and Goodfellow have got the skill but not the physical presence. Tinnion has great vision but no pace. Roberts is massively inconsistent. Burnell and Doherty run and tackle like footballing terriers but don't often provide passes that split defences...

Maybe that why Wilson is publically saying that he's looking for an attacking midfielder and possibly a striker on loan.

yes i agree - we havent replaced Thorpe, or Murray and spent well over a million..

Going back further, we still havent replaced Akinbiyi, Cole even Alison etc...

Even though we have spent the 600k for Peacock, money on Goodfellow, Wilkshire and Miller, we still made a mint on the players above (except Thorpe)

Think it should have been a time to do a Real and get the chequebook out, properly - take a risk, and buy the players we needed to replace the ones we lost instead of 2 or 3 squad players.

We need a 20+ scorer, especially if we go up..

And if we dont, the team, i feel will be torn apart by the likes of Reading,. Wigan and Cardiff.

Happy Clappy is going....

Archived