IGNORED

Good Boozers For The Boys On April 3rd

Guest weqprarebetterthanu

Brother and his mates have tickets for the big game and always enjoy a couple of beers to get them in the mood and lubricate the old vocal cords. ;);)

Rangers normally take over a couple of boozers at away games within a mile or so of the ground .'

What are the good ones worth a look in near AG which welcome Football Fans.

I would imagine there is one that should be avoided at all costs ! :D

Thanks in anticipation of your kind assistance .

PS I am unable to go and see this Match of the Season as Rangers allocation went to those with both home and Away seasons tickets so great was the demand,

]Promise me i will not see any empty red seats in City areas after all this ! ;)

I'm likely to be meeting up with some QPR fans before the game, location yet to be decided but likely to be on the docks. To avoid however, The Rising Sun, Wedlocks and Coopers near the ground as they are home fans only on a match day.

Scooter Red

To avoid however, The Rising Sun, Wedlocks and Coopers near the ground as they are home fans only on a match day.

Scooter Red

No Colours i assume if you to get served want a pint before a game ?

What would the tourist board say ?

Because it's such a big game, I don't think any of the local pubs to Ashton Gate will be happy with away fans. Even the Robins, which is normally happy with away fans, will get enough business from home support alone.

Having said that, you could go anywhere if you're discreet. If I were you I'd go to the centre of Bristol for a drink beforehand.

BS4

Its a shame when you have to be discreet going to a footie match and i think Rangers fans dont feel the need to be in this Division with our status and recent pedigree.

Its only a game as they say and not a lot better than the grounds where home and away mix for a few pints a sing song and a load of banter before and after a game.

Sounds like City is not that sort of club sadly.

Wheras Shepherds Bush has a nice welcoming feel for most away fans.

Its a shame when you have to be discreet going to a footie match and i think Rangers fans dont feel the need to be in this Division with our status and recent pedigree.

Its only a game as they say and not a lot better than the grounds where home and away mix for a few pints a sing song and a load of banter before and after a game.

Sounds like City is not that sort of club sadly.

Wheras Shepherds Bush has a nice welcoming feel for most away fans.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I was going to invite you in my boozer QPR - We could "discuss" some of your posts - But it doesn't sell jellied ells I'm afraid.

If yer on the coaches the nearest one to you will be the Ship & Castle. NO way will you be allowed in here though. Home fans only pub with bloke on the door to batten up the hatches if anything kicks off, like against Stoke a few years ago. They dont mind a few fans, Barnsley were welcome but they brought **** all. Really wouldnt try in here!

Guest bradleydel

go for a pint in the plough inn afew city drink in there but a frendiley pub

lanlords a gas head and will let u park car in car park about a 20 min walk to ground .enjoy the game ;)

Guest N1 Jim

Hey Jon,

there are 7 of the hoops coming down train before midday. Bet we can't get em on the Thatchers.

Yeah somewhere nice on the river and end up in the usual.

Guest North Street

Unlike some who seem to have a perverse sense of humour [The 3 lions *****!] i would not advise you to try anywhere near the ground and to be honest the pubs near the Gate are not exactly salubrious or welcoming. Give the Ashton pubs a miss and head straight for Corn Street or St Nicholas street by taxi from Temple Meads.If you feel you really must drink somewhere near try the Robins, do not even think about trying any of the following The Wedlocks, Rising Sun, The Office, Tobacco Factory as discretion will not come into it when there are seven of you unless you are fluent in Bristolian.

Sadly it is nothing like Shepherds Bush here and the chance of away fans walking pub to pub like you can at QPR untroubled[Edwards, Bushranger, O'neils, Waterhole etc]are along way off.Having painted a thoroughly miserable picture of Ashton Gate however it ain't Cardiff and the locals will not bombard you with bottles of Wee Wee.

Enjoy your day.

I was going to invite you in my boozer QPR - We could "discuss" some of your posts - But it doesn't sell jellied ells I'm afraid.
Hang on Willsbridge...... wasn't weareallqueensmorethanyou having a celebration........ In the Cricketers Arms Wimborne or might have been the Exchange Wine Bar In B'mth ;) ?

As I said at the time celebrating what?

If yer on the coaches the nearest one to you will be the Ship & Castle. NO way will you be allowed in here though. Home fans only pub with bloke on the door to batten up the hatches if anything kicks off, like against Stoke a few years ago. They dont mind a few fans, Barnsley were welcome but they brought **** all. Really wouldnt try in here!

So far both Sheffield Wednesday and Wrexham fans have been in the Ship & Castle as I've spoken to a couple of both on those respective days and that's the only 2 days I've ever been in the Ship & Castle! ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if a half a dozen QPR fans decided to go in there... ;)

• Admin

With the amount of 'boys' from both clubs around, on the day of the game, I would stay away from Ashton entirely if I were you. There are plenty of pubs around the docks that are very pleasant and safe.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

QPR go to the Queens Shilling in the centre of town, or the Old Market Tavern is a short walk from station - Both well known for drinkers of the other side

Your bro and his mates should be fine going to the Nova Scotia and The Pumphouse which are just over a 10 minute walk from Ashton Great.

They are both situated near the river on the Cumberland basin.

As memory serves me correctly there were loads of QPR their last time round.

Thanks for this , i thougt i might get the normal stick(Which of course i never deserve) but this is very helpful and i will pass it on.

Cheers your not so bad after all

Still praying to whoever will listen that we will win though!

Guest Uncle Ern
QPR go to the Queens Shilling in the centre of town, or the Old Market Tavern is a short walk from station -  Both well known for drinkers of the other side
That's a real pain in the @rse!

:P

lets try and be sensible and sportsman like about all this and dont forget its only a game. i know a nice little pub in south africa road, sheperds bush called the springbok now *#!$ off and stay there.

yours the friendly midland red.

:dunno: :vomit2: :@ :Rage: :Fume: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :dunno:

Archived