IGNORED

What A Disgrace - Booing Stewart.

Robbored

I was very disapointed to hear the abuse that Stewart got today - after all what did he do to deserve that stick that he got?

The only problem Stewart had when he was at City was with the manager - not the club or the fans.He is after all a City fan man and boy and that alone should have afforded some slack.

I couldn't see the point in booing a player who had no choice but leave City when he did.

I was very disapointed to hear the abuse that Stewart got today - after all what did he do to deserve that stick that he got?

The only problem Stewart had when he was at City was with the manager - not the club or the fans.He is after all a City fan man and boy and that alone should have afforded some slack.

I couldn't see the point in booing a player who had no choice but leave City when he did.

Every club has a minority of supporters who havent got a clue. I guarantee that if ANY of the City team that played today were to be sold and come back to play for another team at Ashton Gate THE SAME PEOPLE WOULD BOO THEM :disapointed2se: .and you know i'm right :fish:

Every club has a minority of supporters who havent got a clue. I guarantee that if ANY of the City team that played today were to be sold and come back to play for another team at Ashton Gate THE SAME PEOPLE WOULD BOO THEM :disapointed2se: .and you know i'm right :fish:

Most fans in the Atyeo clapped him off before the game which he responded positively to. He didn't help himself with his recent "don't care about City speech" - strange words for a so called life-long fan!?

Ultimately, the fans pay their money and are entitled to their respective opinions...

He deserves all he gets, no grace in how he's handled himself. Afterall, he "doesnt care about City" so why should he get a standing ovation?

Always best get rid of folk like him, and maybe those morons who saw fit to lable Johnson "A conference manager" could go the same way.

Guest Topbuzz

Care to share what led to his problems with the Manager

I see your point but look at someone like Mickey Bell who got a good reception. He even got clapped by a lot of people when he scored against us!!! At the end of the day he did not do much for us, so if people boo him fair enough.

He deserves all he gets, no grace in how he's handled himself. Afterall, he "doesnt care about City" so why should he get a standing ovation?

Always best get rid of folk like him, and maybe those morons who saw fit to lable Johnson "A conference manager" could go the same way.

Totally agree.

This is the way I see it.

When Scott Brown came to play against us he got a great reception. Why? Because he always gave his 100% all for Bristol City and never once said a bad word about us.

Stewart on the other hand ....

right.

why is there still a stewart thread on here.

he came, he done nothing, he left.

end off

we all(including himself) wanted him to be a big success, he wasnt, theres no doubting is quality but sometimes it just don't work out.

you may say, he actualy tried to hard, i like him as a bloke but hes a yeovil player now and a rival, he wont get any special treatment from me.

right.

why is there still a stewart thread on here.

he came, he done nothing, he left.

end off

we all(including himself) wanted him to be a big success, he wasnt, theres no doubting is quality but sometimes it just don't work out.

you may say, he actualy tried to hard, i like him as a bloke but hes a yeovil player now and a rival, he wont get any special treatment from me.

Spot on agree 100% i liked him when he was here but not now hes a rival

What did he do to deserve that stick? He didn't do anything. Nowt. Diddly Squat. Sweet FA.

And that was the problem. Every game he played for us he did nothing etc etc....

This fan had a problem with him. See above. Good bye; good riddance. For a City fan, man and boy, he sure has a funny way of supporting us.

Why are you so pro-Stewart? Is there something you want to tell us?

[/

After all he was only disrespectful to a conference manager was'nt he, My heart bleeds.

Of course he deserved the stick you numpty!

He's an ex gashead, who fleeced a load of money out of us, couldn't give a damn when he was here and plays for the opposition!! Every reason to boo him!

Horrible bloke, glad his career is almost over. Johnson wins yet again.

Gary Johnson's Cider Army!!

E i e i e i o.....

EDIT: Also, for all those who thought we should have kept him, hopefully his woeful performance today will finally shut you up!!

He's an ex gashead, who fleeced a load of money out of us, couldn't give a damn when he was here and plays for the opposition!! Every reason to boo him!

E i e i e i o.....

EDIT: Also, for all those who thought we should have kept him, hopefully his woeful performance today will finally shut you up!!

I don't like him as a person but i personally thought he was their best player by a mile!

got the stick he deserved.

many past players have had similar treatment, his comments in the media have said everything really about him as a person and his "love" for Bristol City

Bristol City are better off without him - FACT

plus it wasn't a minority that boo'd him today, more like a large majority

I'd find it a lot easier to believe that he's a City fan if he'd actually bothered to put some effort in when he was allegedly playing for us.

All he did was pick up a fat pay check every week for doing nothing. That's not the behaviour of someone who loves the club. It's the behaviour of a lazy, over the hill mercenary. Tony Thorpe was a better servant of Bristol City.

thought his was reception today was as to be expected.

any player that is at the club on big wages such as his and put in such inept performances that gets bombed out after a 18mths would get boo'd on his return, Marcus Stewart got exactly that.

The fact that he is supposedly a Bristol City fan is an even bigger disgrace any real fan would work their backside off for their club, the only thing he ever loved was himself, the nightlife and his nice big salary

once it turned sour and he wasn't allowed to get away with underperforming he fell out with the manager

he is in no position to have a pop at Gary Johnson, Johnson has been a success so far at Bristol City, Marcus Stewart did nothing, any past player who has a problem with the manager who is on the verge of getting my team promoted has a problem with me and will rightly get abuse.

personally I though the stick he got was rather tame today.

Guest knapper

I see your point but look at someone like Mickey Bell who got a good reception. He even got clapped by a lot of people when he scored against us!!! At the end of the day he did not do much for us, so if people boo him fair enough.

mickey bell gave this club most of his career and to say he did nothing for us is utter rubbish. stewart gave us nothing even under tinnion he gave us nothing. Mickey bell handled himself in a proper manor when he left the club aswell, that is why he got a standing ovation.

Guest red-or-dead

Why shouldn't a overpayed failure get booed?

MS did sweet FA for my beloved club but got given pockets full of cash!

Any ex player who gave 100% while at City always gets a good response, Any wasters like MS get what they deserve too.

What point does the fact he is a 'City fan' come into it, He wasn't any good for BCFC was he?

I don't condone booing at all, but to say he didn't deserve a bit of banter or stick is a bit naive. Frankly last year, in the press, both Phillips and Stewart tried to turn it into a contest between themselves and GJ. I.e who was more important to the club.

I think on both accounts GJ has won by a country mile, and selling both of them was a master stroke as now confidence is high in the dressing room, and whilst we have still to find that prolific striker, Stewart will never be that again and Basso proved today how much better he is than Phillips.

I'll be honest, I expected him to come back and haunt us today, but frankly he proved to me today why we released him in the first place. One shot on goal which missed. I thought their best player was either Cohen or Barry today.

100% agree total idiots, Marcus is city through and through,when you see him ask him to show you his city tattoo.

Guest red-or-dead

100% agree total idiots, Marcus is city through and through,when you see him ask him to show you his city tattoo.

Wow! Really he has a 'City tattoo' . I feel so bad calling him a gashead ####### ripping city off for loads of money and doing jackshit.

I feel such an Idiot!

Not!

Please refresh my mind on all the cracking games the "City Boy" had before GJ became manager?

After that disgraceful elbow on Fontaine he deserved everything the Dolman threw at him.

Once a Gash head, always a Gash head.

not another one when he played for us was he impressive to watch, NO

He was a huge disappointment

agree 110% but that is not what this post is about,he was poor considering what standard he came from but it takes two 2 tango,unfortunatly the tango when salsa.

I think some of our fans have had too many prawn sandwiches today, Players who have played well and given 100% for the cause and left with dignity, Get a warm response, Players who haven't and did'nt don't get a warm response.

My god he has a tatoo, Well ding dong

Guest BCFC.Ady65

I thought it was Fontaine, but I quite agree.

I had no strong feelings on the Stewart debate, but that lost any respect I had for the guy.

It was Fontaine, right in front of where i was sat in the Dolman, It was a left forearm smash, it deserved an instant red card. I had a lot of respect for stewy before that, as you said i too have lost respect for him after that, total disgrace.

Whooppy Doo, so he got bood, like virtually every ex City player who comes back here.

I actually thought is quite funny meself. and he didnt look happy at all. such is life, move on.

He had a chance, but didnt/couldnt take it. Lifes a bitch aint it.

more interested in the result, the performance, and the fact we are still in the driving seat for promotion.

The elbow was out of order too.

Guest Topbuzz

You sure about that I asked him at the press conference he said wasnt true

I know What Robboreds view is from however and his fallout with Johnson was very unprofessional on Johnsons part (Sankofa) however Gary is still here and doing a damn good job I might not like the little cockney but you gotta respect the results

I personally thought for a ex gas favorite Stewart got away quite lightly

I cant see Yeovil keeping him long term

are you joking or what, stewart got all he deserved , after all he did nothing for our club what so ever apart from take his 5 grand a week , he had no interest in getting fit or trying to hold his place, the man was a disgrace, all that bull shit about how he stood in the eastend as a boy, and there was only one club he ever wanted to play for.

he came here as superstar, we even printed stewart t-shirts for f*cks sake, he took his money and took us all for mugs,

he spent most of his time in kingwood in the bloody ESSEX which he was part owner of the mans a joke and got all he deserved today .

ask stewart whos is second in the league . B.C.F.C !!!!

Aha. Now you show your true colours. All year you've been slating management, continually whinging. It's because you love the ineffectual MS and that nasty old GJ got rid of him didn't he, the nasty nasty lickle man. Those toys really can stay out the pram can't they?

Ahem. If MS was such a City fan why has he been making snidy little comments about the team? Why couldn't he swallow his pride and perform for the manager that clearly knew what he was doing? What was he doing making deliberate quite nasty fouls on City players?

Time reveals all. GJ has been good for City. MS has not and hasn't been that good for Yeovil either. When are you going to accept that and start supporting the person that's done more good for City than anyone else in the last 6 years?

It really is nothing personal - for any party - if MS saw you or me in the street he wouldn't give a monkeys. Same applies for GJ. I don't idolise either - they're just people that pass through AG - but I know which one of them is doing City good and which one hasn't. Why this fixation over someone who cost us a lot and achieved little?

Listening on World, you could tell when Stewart had the ball......

but the "boo-ing" didn't sound malicious,

just the normal banter, of an "ex" player who returns to the ground where he plied his trade!!.

As for the elbow, well, shame it wasn't seen,

But look at the positives..

We could of won by at least 4 goals today,

Here's to next Saturday!!.

:farmer:

No problem with Stewart before the game, (glad he left, didn't rate him), wasn't overly concerned with booing him or not booing him.

That changed after his assault on Liam Fontaine with his left elbow, absolutely disgraceful, and if a city player had done the same thing I wouldn't have been suprised if they were sent off.

Mr Gary Johnson 1......Stewart Nil.

Bristol City Rule OK. :juggle:

Marcus Stewart a City fan.

You are kidding? If he was he would have apologised to Johnson, taken a wage cut and actually tried hard for not only Johnson but Tinnion too. He put himself before the club.

Did well for Yeovil on loan, but just like Dinning for us - is now doing nothing.

Cheers Marcus, enjoy your retirement.

I was very disapointed to hear the abuse that Stewart got today - He is after all a City fan man and boy

Quote from MS in a recent interview in the Evening Post "......and I don't care if City go up or not to be honest with you."

A City fan man and boy???

Bollux!!!

he got everything he deserved today if not more.

Stewart a city fan........yeah right, if he says so, bout as much a city fan as holloway!

came to our club with a big rep and on a big wage and did complete and utter bugger all under 2 different managers.........came here for a easy pay day and got found out and yet people still support him!

they need to take a look in the mirror!

the bloke is an complete and utter c**k!

Stewart had his chance to play for his boyhood heroes & blew it because he couldn't take critisism from the manager.

He had the chance to join his boyhood heroes 20 years ago but chose to run with the devil, i say good ridance to bad rubbish.

Marcus Stewart - "the reds are goin up (without you") !!!!! :D

Good god Red Robin.

How is it that I disagree with everything you say on here? We truly are polar opposites when it comes to supporting City. Everything you post on here is popularist, News of the World reactionary knee jerk tabloid nonsense. After so many posts you really would have thought you would have given reason a go.

Stewart was a massive MASSIVE disappointment for City. When he signed I really hoped it would work out. Sadly, it was not to be. Today vindicated GJ's decision to get rid of him. He was ineffective and dirty. Despite the fact that we deserved to win the game today, MS was not Yeovil's best player. That was probably Cohen.

Today was Bristol City 2-0 Yeovil and Bristol City 2-0 Marcus overpayed not really City fan Stewart.

There is no room for sentimentality in football. As a club and as supporters we should do whatever is required to deter opponents and promote our players. Ashton Gate is not some holiday resort. The only time an opponent should be afforded some respect is because he has EARNT it through endeavours for our club. A few players in our division have achieved that (Wayne Allison, Mickey Bell etc), Marcus Stewart most certainly has not.

I was very vocal today but didn't personally boo him because I know he is a City fan, however, to those asking what he did to deserve it..... earning well well over a quarter of a million a year from our club whilst by every reliable account (and every other from any taxi driver in Bristol) pissing it all up the wall is unforgivable. If you are a fan and a professional you find it possible to concentrate a year or two of not pissing around for the club you claim to love.

I know many disagree with me but in my opinion Marcus took a lot out of our football club (a few hundred grand in wages), put very little back in (few goals in many appearances with a ratio of around 1 every 4 games) and then aired his dirty washing in public. I apologise to Robbored and the like for not being very quick to give him a hearty round of applause!! From what I saw today he vindicated Johnson's decision to get rid of him even though our forward options at the moment are less than ideal.

I know many disagree with me but in my opinion Marcus took a lot out of our football club (a few hundred grand in wages), put very little back in (few goals in many appearances with a ratio of around 1 every 4 games) and then aired his dirty washing in public. I apologise to Robbored and the like for not being very quick to give him a hearty round of applause!! From what I saw today he vindicated Johnson's decision to get rid of him even though our forward options at the moment are less than ideal.

You can't blame anyone for picking up their wage cheque - anyone in Stewarts position would have done exactly the same.As for his airing dirty washing in public - apart from one or two throwaway jibes aimed at his former club (which I missed but believe he said) with whom he no doubt feels aggrieved I've not heard Stewart slag off Johnson or BCFC publically.

In fact I would say that Stewart handled to whole unhappy Johnsonn/BCFC affair with great dignity.

As for his performance yesterday - none of the Yeovil players did anything worthy of their fans support.They were very poor and lacking in ambition.Any Yeovil fan should be really disapointed with their teams showing yesterday.

Guest Jurssey

Happy to be in a minority here but I watched us play some lovely football yesterday but squander loads of chances because we haven't got a decent striker.

When I saw MS in Yeovil's strip and we had no real out and out striker in our whole squad, I think it is a huge waste that we haven't got him playing for us.

I know all the crap went on etc (mate of mine is friends with him) and a lot of it was down to him but we'd have won by more than 2-0 if Marcus Stewart was playing for us than Yeovil Town.

He is a proven striker and that is something we sadly lack at the moment.

still he didn't play well so haven't missed anything from him.

he also got away with an elbow to liam , so he should of been sent off.

stewart new he would be booed , so he has to put up with it.

Guest chrizzle

E i e i e i o.....

What a complete pile of rubbish. How did HE fleece loads of money out of us? He didn't sign himself did he! He did care when he was here and the only reason he isn't anymore is because he dared to stand up for the younger players in the squad. If you thought his performance was woeful yesterday, you were watching a different game to everyone else, he was only the only creative player in Yeovil's team but perhaps it was too subtle for you!

What a complete pile of rubbish. How did HE fleece loads of money out of us? He didn't sign himself did he! He did care when he was here and the only reason he isn't anymore is because he dared to stand up for the younger players in the squad. If you thought his performance was woeful yesterday, you were watching a different game to everyone else, he was only the only creative player in Yeovil's team but perhaps it was too subtle for you!

Well said,but don't waste your typing hand on here. I could have given you a list of names that would have come on here and slagged him off .........and they did :pacifier::rofl2br: . The same old boo boys :punish: .

Good job we replaced Stewart with all these prolific goalscorers we have now aint it :tongue:

Well said,but don't waste your typing hand on here. I could have given you a list of names that would have come on here and slagged him off .........and they did :pacifier::rofl2br: . The same old boo boys :punish: .

Good job we replaced Stewart with all these prolific goalscorers we have now aint it :tongue:

but stewart isn't a prolific player anymore though? Enoch and Jevons both scored more than him,

it's not about goals it's about hard working players, the hard working players that have got us to 2nd in the league.

as for the same old boo boys, it's the same old boo boys that made up a large majority of the attendance yesterday, the reaction to him yesterday summed up the point that MAJORITY of people don't like him

:fish::fish: casting your net still I see.

Could say if he hadnt been a right hole he could of still been here, but this club only needs one manager; but he`s gone now so:dunno:

don't waste yer breath on in Jane.

The lad has left the club, and a few will give him a hard time untill he plays up on the Downs.

What will be sad is, probably in twelve months time, Stewart will get a season ticket at the gate and watch his favourite football club.

But well happy he didnt have a goal to take the p i s s out of us all on sat.

don't waste yer breath on in Jane.

The lad has left the club, and a few will give him a hard time untill he plays up on the Downs.

What will be sad is, probably in twelve months time, Stewart will get a season ticket at the gate and watch his favourite football club.

But well happy he didnt have a goal to take the p i s s out of us all on sat.

Arn, that elbow was not clever mate. quite a few started boo ing after that, including me! he didnt like the boo ing very much either, judging from his expression when he came off

Arn, that elbow was not clever mate. quite a few started boo ing after that, including me! he didnt like the boo ing very much either, judging from his expression when he came off

Buck,s aint taking sides mate.

Stewart is long gone for me.

No one knows the truth and to be honest, 4 months on couldnt give a monkeys.

Next sat is all i care about.

3 massive points mucker...ARN

Buck,s aint taking sides mate.

Stewart is long gone for me.

No one knows the truth and to be honest, 4 months on couldnt give a monkeys.

Next sat is all i care about.

3 massive points mucker...ARN

agreed mate, agreed. If Robins is right, you will be celebrating next Saturday. BTW can you get hold of a bugle for her?

that was the best city performance Ive seen this season. no dycking about, no fancy dan stuff, just ruthlessly grinding Yeovil down, and they were a tidy side who would have punished us if we played like we have recently. We just killed em off as an attacking force. Very impressed indeed

Guest redrebel

The only disgrace was Stewart didn't get enough stick.Big time charlie past it conned Lansdown and Tinman in to getting loads of money for doing nothing and then managed to disrupt the club.But kept bleating what a great City fan he was and managed to con some of our fans aswell.

but stewart isn't a prolific player anymore though? Enoch and Jevons both scored more than him,

it's not about goals it's about hard working players, the hard working players that have got us to 2nd in the league.

as for the same old boo boys, it's the same old boo boys that made up a large majority of the attendance yesterday, the reaction to him yesterday summed up the point that MAJORITY of people don't like him

The BOO BOYS even BOO City players at times. 10.000 people werent Booing Stewart yesterday so don't talk Bxllxxks.

The only disgrace was Stewart didn't get enough stick.Big time charlie past it conned Lansdown and Tinman in to getting loads of money for doing nothing and then managed to disrupt the club.But kept bleating what a great City fan he was and managed to con some of our fans aswell.

Not bitter are you mate?

PB.........legend

Hello mate, just about every City player has been Booed at times this season, so in dopey bxllxxks eyes every City player is disliked :noexpression: . Lee Johnson has had terrible stick all season from some, i would have liked to see there reaction when he scored yesterday :whistle2: , wonder if they were Booing him then.

Some people on here ( and you know the ones :rolleyes: ) are still obsessed in there hatred for Stewart :sleeping: where as some of us more grown up :rofl2br: posters have moved on :yes: .

The funniest thing is.......they used to say WE were obsessed with him :worship2::worship2: ... :yahoo:

Archived