IGNORED

What A Disgrace - Booing Stewart.

Robbored

Hello mate, just about every City player has been Booed at times this season, so in dopey bxllxxks eyes every City player is disliked :noexpression: . Lee Johnson has had terrible stick all season from some, i would have liked to see there reaction when he scored yesterday :whistle2: , wonder if they were Booing him then.

Some people on here ( and you know the ones :rolleyes: ) are still obsessed in there hatred for Stewart :sleeping: where as some of us more grown up :rofl2br: posters have moved on :yes: .

The funniest thing is.......they used to say WE were obsessed with him :worship2::worship2: ... :yahoo:

Yeah, my arse mate....couldnt give a mothers :shocking:

Just a little dig i feel.......

The reds are going up the reds r going up....

After the first two games of 05/6 I was lost as to the Godly status attributed to the bloke.

The fact of the matter is he must have taken £300+ grand off of the Club and for me contributed nothing like that back. So what he's a City fan !? He has an odd way of expressing it as far as I'm concerened (as do certain other City fans I can think of)) and anyway, why should being a City fan and a professional Footballer necessarilly warrent my unconditional love?

To compare him to Mickey Bell who as far as I knew was not only a decent fella but a professional and a gent is beyong my comprehension.

I think people got a little too stary eyed due to his status and I never understood the circus surrounding him.

I booed him loud and proud being the abscent-minded chav that I am. If people want to brand me a disgrace 'cos of it then that's up to them, personally I think true to form Robbored has taken a controversial talking point and adopted a polorised opinion because that's what provokes response. Good for him, bravo.

blokes gone, he was rubbish when he was here, and got the expected boos from the majority of the crowd,

what I don't understand, is why soo many people are such fans of stewart still, and use it as a chance to have yet another pop at fellow fans because they saw what majority of people saw including Gary Johnson that Marcus Stewart was yet another overpaid waste of space,

it's almost like some care more about the player than the club? MOVE ON.

fact is, Jevons and Stewart are both good goal scorers yet the biggest problem we have had is creating chances for the striker in question, for that reason we don't have a forward running away in the goal scoring charts, but as we are 2nd in the league it doesn't matter.

Jevons showed at Yeovil that with decent service he is a goal machine, but that has been his biggest problem this season, Sharp has had nearly twice as many shots than Jevons this season hence the goal difference

blokes gone, he was rubbish when he was here, and got the expected boos from the majority of the crowd,

what I don't understand, is why soo many people are such fans of stewart still, and use it as a chance to have yet another pop at fellow fans because they saw what majority of people saw including Gary Johnson that Marcus Stewart was yet another overpaid waste of space,

it's almost like some care more about the player than the club? MOVE ON.

fact is, Jevons and Stewart are both good goal scorers yet the biggest problem we have had is creating chances for the striker in question, for that reason we don't have a forward running away in the goal scoring charts, but as we are 2nd in the league it doesn't matter.

Jevons showed at Yeovil that with decent service he is a goal machine, but that has been his biggest problem this season, Sharp has had nearly twice as many shots than Jevons this season hence the goal difference

Think you will find that about 50% of Jevons goals at Yeovil were penalties. He never will be a goal machine because those sort of players put in far more effort than he does.

Think you will find that about 50% of Jevons goals at Yeovil were penalties. He never will be a goal machine because those sort of players put in far more effort than he does.

was no where near half his goals from the pen spot.

Tony Thorpe, Shaun Goater - exactly the same player as Phil Jevons, personally believe that Phil Jevons is a better all round player than both of those.

was no where near half his goals from the pen spot.

Tony Thorpe, Shaun Goater - exactly the same player as Phil Jevons, personally believe that Phil Jevons is a better all round player than both of those.

Well there you go then, you don't like the fact i rate Stewart and i cant believe the statement you have just made :noexpression: Jevons does less work than i do on a saturday and i'm sat in the stand :shutup: and Thorpe and Goater were REAL goalscorers.

56 goals 18 of which were pens for Yeovil, about a third then :whistle2: . League one record. 86 games 27 goals...... hardly prolific is it :whistle2: How does that compare with Goater and Thorpe ?

The Stewart debate aside (for the millionth time) I find it hard to believe that even the most deluded fan could think Phil Jevons is in the same universe let alone the same league as Goater was.

The Stewart debate aside (for the millionth time) I find it hard to believe that even the most deluded fan could think Phil Jevons is in the same universe let alone the same league as Goater was.

Is it possible to report another poster for being high on blow, cause ol man T must be completely off his tits with that Jevons statement. :mafia::banana:

point I'm getting at is they are all 3 very similar type players, none of them worked particularly hard during games, but all had that knack of popping up with the goals when it mattered, with Goater and Thorpe they both benefited from having players around them of the quality of Murray (in his prime) Tinnion and Bell/Barnard, this season without doubt our biggest probably has been lack of creativity for forwards, hence none of our current forwards have got the goals, and in comparsion to others looking at the league shooting stats haven't had as many shots as other players such as sharp who is the top scorer.

Thorpe and Goater were both extremely lazy players, and for natural football ability Goater was probably bottom of the lot, technical he was awful but he just ended up in the right place at the right time, how he scored in the prem is one of footballs great mysterys but fair play to the bloke.

I rate Jevons in the same bracket as those two but has more than anything this season suffered from a constant lack of quality service.

point I'm getting at is they are all 3 very similar type players, none of them worked particularly hard during games, but all had that knack of popping up with the goals when it mattered, with Goater and Thorpe they both benefited from having players around them of the quality of Murray (in his prime) Tinnion and Bell/Barnard, this season without doubt our biggest probably has been lack of creativity for forwards, hence none of our current forwards have got the goals, and in comparsion to others looking at the league shooting stats haven't had as many shots as other players such as sharp who is the top scorer.

Thorpe and Goater were both extremely lazy players, and for natural football ability Goater was probably bottom of the lot, technical he was awful but he just ended up in the right place at the right time, how he scored in the prem is one of footballs great mysterys but fair play to the bloke.

I rate Jevons in the same bracket as those two but has more than anything this season suffered from a constant lack of quality service.

They're similar type players in the same way that Bas Savage is similar to Peter Crouch.

The creativity argument doesn't really wash when we top the goal attempts table - see here.

The differences between Goater and Jevons could hardly be more stark in my eyes.

Goater always got on the end of things in the box, Jevons never seems to attack the ball in the box.

Goater had strength and the ability to hold the ball up. Jevons doesn't.

Goater scored over 20 league goals for us from open play in his first season and near that in his second despite being sold 3/4 the way through it. Jevons hasn't made double figures.

Now don't take this as a slam on Jevons, he's by far the best striker we have available, but Goater was a different class to either of Thorpe or Jevons - that's why he played at the top level.

Next you'll be comparing Showunmi to Wayne Allison or Andy Smith to Bob Taylor!

Thats a fn insult to the Goat comparing him to lightweight Jevons.........

They're similar type players in the same way that Bas Savage is similar to Peter Crouch.

The creativity argument doesn't really wash when we top the goal attempts table - see here.

The differences between Goater and Jevons could hardly be more stark in my eyes.

Goater always got on the end of things in the box, Jevons never seems to attack the ball in the box.

Goater had strength and the ability to hold the ball up. Jevons doesn't.

Goater scored over 20 league goals for us from open play in his first season and near that in his second despite being sold 3/4 the way through it. Jevons hasn't made double figures.

Now don't take this as a slam on Jevons, he's by far the best striker we have available, but Goater was a different class to either of Thorpe or Jevons - that's why he played at the top level.

Next you'll be comparing Showunmi to Wayne Allison or Andy Smith to Bob Taylor!

he was a different class, but was no doubt helped by the service, in those seasons though we didn't really have too many others who could hit double figures, whereas with this squad have alot of player who are happy to take a shot hence the goals have been spread out among the team this year.

there is no doubt that Goater went on to have a great career but I still feel if he hadn't been scoring goals in a settled Man City team for a number of seasons before he got to the prem, he wouldn't have been the success he was, it's worth remembering that after he left M.City he didn't create anything like the sort of form again, but that's by the bye, there has been a number of city forwards in the past who have scored in the top level, before or after city, Baird, Steve Jones, Stewart, Sir Bob, some had success some didn't.

but I honestly believe that the Goat without was possibly the luckiest forward to have graced the premiership,

my basis of the point though is that I feel Jevons with the right service could and will score alot more goals, we just don't seem to play to his strengths at all, which considering how long Johnson has managed him I find strange, he did score alot of goals (ok some pens) in League 2 which is a tough hard league not for the most technically gifted, but rather the strongest players.

Honestly feel we are still to see the best of Phil Jevons.

Well Terry, I disagree quite strongly with your thoughts on Goater.

Goater was never, ever lucky. A player might get lucky in a game or even in a season but no way over a career. Goater had the career he did because he was that good. Talking about what happened after Man City he was 33 when he left them and he played until he was 36 and was in a promotion side at this level in his final year.

The secret to his success was that Goater had in spades the single most important ability of any goalscorer. Movement. The ability to find space at the right time, time his runs, get in front of his marker. If you look at the forwards we've had that have made it at the top over the years it's the one thing they all have in common. It's what Shearer and Hansen harp on about on Match of the Day and it's what Bob Taylor told me to concentrate on above all else when I was playing in some tournament over at Ashton Park.

Jevons doesn't have it. He can finish, he has good technique, he strikes a ball with power and cleanly, but he doesn't find space, he doesn't make runs and he doesn't get in front of his marker. Jevons waits for the ball to be played and is often too slow to get onto it whereas Goater and any quality striker will make a run first so that the passer knows where to put it. Tinnion wouldn't have looked like half the passer he did if he didn't have a Murray, an Akinbiyi or a Lita to aim at.

I hope you're right and we haven't seen the best of Jevons, indeed I've said myself that he might fare better in the division above where technique counts more than brawn, but I fear at 27 he's not going to improve further. I don't really see how we're going to play to his strengths other than play him in the hole behind two other forwards to give him space.

I just hope if Tinnion ever comes back here that the fans don't jeer or boo him for something he tried his hardest at, as he gave 200% for this club, i would say more than any other player in the last 20 years or so.

thats the key thing, majority of fans have respect for Tinnion among others for what he didn't at the club, he personally was someone I wasn't fond of as a person, but as a player he had my upmost respect, but he earned over his spell by giving 110% for the cause, there are few players who would get the same respect or reaction, the only other ones still playing I can think of are Matt Hill, Tommy Doherty, Mickey Bell and maybe at a stretch Christian Roberts

for many, rightly or wrongly they just believe Stewart to be a big time charlie and take his support of city with a pinch of salt, personally I've never meant the bloke, but just heard many stories from my eldest.

Be intresting to see the reaction Lita gets when eventually we come up against him

Never rated him either, he just held back other players in our squad who couldn't get a game 'cause he was on the pitch.

And what has he done since he left us?

Archived