IGNORED

It's Miller Time.............

bobby

well according to the headline in today's EP anyway.

Danny saying Miller will get the goals and is No.1 choice for tonight!

EP seems to be suggesting that Miller and Roberts upfront with Goodfellow, Tinnion, Burnell and Wilks in midfield. Still no Tommy! ;)

What a great boost for Miller - hope he hits at least 2 tonight ;)

Guest whitey_03
well according to the headline in today's EP anyway.

Danny saying Miller will get the goals and is No.1 choice for tonight! 

EP seems to be suggesting that Miller and Roberts upfront with Goodfellow, Tinnion, Burnell and Wilks in midfield.  Still no Tommy!  ;)

What a great boost for Miller - hope he hits at least 2 tonight  ;)

About time, come Lee show the fans your real worth now!!

We have faith, and prove the Scottish boys right!!

Tranmere 1 ( Hume ) - Bristol City 2 ( Miller & Roberts )

Guest whitey_03
Well, the law of averages suggests it'll happen sooner or later.

Personally, I have to say for £365,000, it's long overdue ;)

Well again that is your opinion Bristol Boy

I personally think that Lee has put in some cracking team performances for City since signing in the summer, but I have to accept he will be judged on his goals tally to justify his transfer price, and as it stands he may seem like a waste of money to some people. But the way I look at it is you have a signed a future Scottish international, who was very much sought after when at Falkirk FC, and he is still only 20 and can only get better as time progresses. He will take this season to settle in then you will see a striker who is willing and up 4 the City cause. All he needs is the right partner up front in my opinion.

Also when questioning his transfer price, I think he has scored some goals which have went alittle way to repaying his fee, most memorably Watford, where he scored the only goal of the game and sent you into the 3rd round, where you pulled out Southampton, giving the City fans to see some class players like Beattie etc.

He will come good Bristol Boy, although I will accept for the price he was transfered for you should be able to buy instant success. But I will look forward to your comments on him, when he proves his worth, and I hope you will be as ready to applaud him as you are ready to slate him.

Cheers

I personally think that Lee has put in some cracking team performances for City since signing in the summer, but I have to accept he will be judged on his goals tally to justify his transfer price, and as it stands he may seem like a waste of money to some people. But the way I look at it is you have a signed a future Scottish international, who was very much sought after when at Falkirk FC, and he is still only 20 and can only get better as time progresses. He will take this season to settle in then you will see a striker who is willing and up 4 the City cause. All he needs is the right partner up front in my opinion.

Also when questioning his transfer price, I think he has scored some goals which have went alittle way to repaying his fee, most memorably Watford, where he scored the only goal of the game and sent you into the 3rd round, where you pulled out Southampton, giving the City fans to see some class players like Beattie etc.

He will come good Bristol Boy, although I will accept for the price he was transfered for you should be able to buy instant success. But I will look forward to your comments on him, when he proves his worth, and I hope you will be as ready to applaud him as you are ready to slate him.

Cheers

Swindon-Tommy Mooney & Sam Parkin £120k

QPR-Gallen, Thorpe, Cureton, Furlong-£150k

Brighton-Leon Knight & Chris Iwalumu-£120k

City-Miller, Roberts & Peacock £1,065,000

You choose ;)

I don't dislike or blame Miller and I wish I had his agent.

It's value for money and after signing:

Sean Goater............£120k

Bob Taylor...............£200k

Scott Murray............£120k

I'm not impressed.He's good in the air, can finish right footed on the volley but has very little pace and is far from the prolific striker advertised.

I hope he comes good, I hope he get's us up and I hope he scores a hat trick at Tranmere tonight or at least, wins us the game.

It's hope though, not expectation.

I still say £365,000 for the equivalent of a striker from say, Barnet or Dagenham & Redbridge. isn't smart business.

Guest whitey_03
I still say £365,000 for the equivalent of a striker from say, Barnet or Dagenham & Redbridge. isn't smart business.
what makes you think Falkirk FC is of the level of these teams mentioned, I feel this is very degrading for both Lee Miller and Falkirk fans alike. Just to back up this statement that I feel you are being disrespectful to Falkirk and Lee himself, Falkirk played Wigan in a pre-season friendly, and Wigan were beaten 1-0 by Falkirk, and Wigan got promoted from this league you are in right now! If the gulf was as big as you say wouldnt Wigan have won this game easily???

Basically I think you referring to Falkirk as a team way below Bristol City is out of order. Although your examples of partnerships who cost a fraction of the price back your statement up, the thing they have going for them is they are a suited partnership up front, Peacock & Miller arent, Robbo & Miller are.

Also just as a side note, do you know who many Leon Knight has scored for Brighton if you take away goals from the penalty spot, just out of interest!

Guest Cider Red Sam

I have complete confidence in all of Danny Wilson's latest signings in the long run. I think Goodfellow, Miller and Wilkshire will all prove to be valuable assets to us one day (yes I agree its a shame that they are not the finished article yet, as we could really use some experienced pro's right now)

But, for example, when we first signed a certain Mr Murray, he was being kept out of the team by Adam Locke!

Millers problem, is that Peacock- everything is set up to suit Leapy, Robbo cant play with him cos Leapy dont like it. Leapy dont score, sub Miller/Leroy or who ever. Give our other strikers the chances Leapy has had and watch the difference, in confidence, and once gelled a good partnership, I reckon :D

We will only see the best from Miller once Leapy is not playing, and Robbo, or a n other is playing alongside. Leroy at the mo is one hell of a super sub, next season I think he'll come into his own, but this season its the Celts attack squad for me. ;)

Scottish Div 1 football is about lower Div 2 or high Div 3 standard, some skint clubs who were bigger, and a couple of ambitious clubs like Falkirk for example. It aint quite the standard you expect, but they have even less money going round up there, and strangely no conveyer belt of good young talent coming through like days of old- never quite understood why?? ;) Whats the scoop with that Whitey?? You lot are football daft, so how come youve not the quality y' once had??

Nae Jordans, McCoists, McQueens, McClairs etc ;)

Guest Red_Rat

How many times has he hit the bar or post this season

Countless amount,he just needs a bit of support and luck. He also sometimes just overdoes it in the skilll department,but we do have a cracking oungster in Miller.

Guest whitey_03
Scottish Div 1 football is about lower Div 2 or high Div 3 standard, some skint clubs who were bigger, and a couple of ambitious clubs like Falkirk for example. It aint quite the standard you expect, but they have even less money going round up there, and strangely no conveyer belt of good young talent coming through like days of old- never quite understood why?? :dunno: Whats the scoop with that Whitey?? You lot are football daft, so how come youve not the quality y' once had??

Nae Jordans, McCoists, McQueens, McClairs etc :dunno:

I agree Falkirk arent the best team in the world but to constant read on Bristol Boys post that they are of poor standard is quite insulting i think.

Anyway in response to the young Scottish talent, i think it has skipped a generation, but there are a few young Scottish boys who will be making the grade and hopefully make Scotland a force again. Of course I feel Lee can make an impact on the national front, but there are a few young boys making names for themselves already. Ill list a few for you

* Lee Miller - Bristol City

* James McFadden - Everton

* Darren Fletcher - Manchester United

* Brian Kerr - Newcastle

* Steven Pearson - Celtic ( although personally I dont rate him, feel Lee is a much better player )

* Shaun Maloney - Celtic

* Chris Burke - Rangers

* John Kennedy - Celtic

* Mark Fotheringham - Dundee

These players are just a few which I feel in a few years time will have established themselves as Scotland regulars. There are more who could make the grade but they are still maybes.

I also agree with you about how City play, or try to play to Peacocks strengths and Miller excels when Peacock is out the team. Roberts proved he can be the striker to get the best out of Miller but Danny broke it up to soon, he needs to re-unite them and let them form a partnership.

Swindon-Tommy Mooney & Sam Parkin £120k

QPR-Gallen, Thorpe, Cureton, Furlong-£150k

Brighton-Leon Knight & Chris Iwalumu-£120k

City-Miller, Roberts & Peacock  £1,065,000

You choose :dunno:

I don't dislike or blame Miller and I wish I had his agent.

It's value for money and after signing:

Sean Goater............£120k

Bob Taylor...............£200k

Scott Murray............£120k

I'm not impressed.He's good in the air, can finish right footed on the volley but has very little pace and is far from the prolific striker advertised.

I hope he comes good, I hope he get's us up and I hope he scores a hat trick at Tranmere tonight or at least, wins us the game.

It's hope though, not expectation.

Don't forget about:

Thorpe £1,000,000

Not so bad against that is he?

Also, a team that was only denied promotion to the Premier League because of their ground doesn't deserve to be classed no better than Conference teams. I'm sure they'd more than hold their own in our division, probably even division 1.

Can someone remind me how old Lee Miller is?

For christ's sake, the majority of that £365k is buying us his potential.

Weren't Wigan after him?

He'll come good. Excellent in the air and great skill with the ball at his feet. It's there for everyone to see...

Miller alongside Roberts is our best chance of scoring goals at the moment - a pairing we have been waiting to see since brighton (4-1)!

Lee has already come good for us - he battles hard and many a time I've wondered just how black and blue he must be at the end of games given the battering he gets from defenders on a regular basis :( , but does he complain about it :dunno: , no, just gets on with his job :dunno: .

So he hasn't scored loads of goals yet this season, but to be fair neither has the team as a whole.

I would love to see him score tonight, if only we could get him the right kind of service in the box I'm sure it will happen - his heading is outstanding and our best chance for a goal at the moment, if only someone could get a cross/corner in past the first defender.

And the beauty of all this - he is only 20 and will just get better and better :D

Weren't Wigan after him?

He'll come good. Excellent in the air and great skill with the ball at his feet. It's there for everyone to see...

That's the point Phatwill.

Miller hasn't actually had much of a chance to impress or rattle up a high goal tally.

Rubbish crossing all season to a bloke who proves, when there's the odd decent one, that he's the best header of a ball we've had since the Big Cheese. Not exactly alot of in-box pressure to provide the tap-ins either.

Absolutely no doubt he'll prove his worth, soon if Goodfellow starts to deliver.

Guest whitey_03

Weren't Wigan after him?

Lee Miller is only 20 years old, 21 in May if my mind serves me correctly.

Before he signed with Bristol City, he had Wigan, Everton and some SPL sides all vying for his much sought after signature, which City ulimately won. I can remeber him standing outside my house on the day before he was due to fly down to Bristol to sign for City, and his phone was ringing off the hook with managers and agents trying to get him to say yes to them, and I can recall a phone call from a certain Mr Jewell who questioned Lee's ambition when he turned down Wigan for City. There has never been a time when I have heard Lee say he has made the wrong move.

He is still settling into a new league, although a few people will not give him that time because of his transfer fee. He was lucky last year to have a strike partner like Owen Coyle who Lee learned alot from, this year his strike partner has changed alot and he has even been spending time on the bench. If he is given games up front with a Robbo/Lita type player he will do the business, but he needs that chance.

Many fans are unhappy that for £365k they should get instant success, but I am confident that its £365k well spent, as in a few years he will be worth more than that and City will recoup there original stake and more if Lee can settle in, start scoring like he can, and stay injury free.

He has the potential to be your best striker - back and believe in him to do so

Guest Grannyjoy

"You lot are football daft, so how come youve not the quality y' once had??"

Purely Personal Scottish opinion:-

1) Grass roots football has been allowed to deteriorate - disgraceful facilities too expensive to hire.

2) Little or no faith in the S.F.A. - talk a good game, but no actions to back it up.

3) SPL - secret society, scared of change ie introduction of fresh blood. Self interested members, rather than members with the good of football as their main concern.

4) Talented youngsters picked up by clubs too young, playing too many games - burnt out.

A bit harsh maybe , but the position Scottish football finds itself in, is serious. Unfortunately I have no easy answers, but it would be a step in the right direction if some of the powers at be, would at least admit we have a problem. What we don't need is another, "Think Tank" , which takes years to reach a very expensive conclusion.

Despite all of this Scotland is still producing some good young players. Some of the lucky ones(Lee included) have had the opportunity to further their skills by playing South of the border, in what is a different standard and style of football, not always better, and no worse.

Lee Miller was when signed, and is now , "the un-finished article", what he becomes at Bristol City is as much up to the coaching, and encouragement he receives there, as it is up to his enthusiasm and willingness to learn. On the latter I can guarantee 110%, the other - only time will tell.

Lee Miller was when signed, and is now , "the un-finished article", what he becomes at Bristol City is as much up to the coaching, and encouragement he receives there, as it is up to his enthusiasm and willingness to learn.  On the latter I can guarantee 110%, the other  -  only time will tell.

spot on and on Saturday he was one of the few who showed that commitment and enthusiasm, as well as skill and ability.

Guest westoncider

LEE MILLER will improve the more he plays at this & at higher level.He is probably the best buy we have made for some time

If it is indeed Miller and Roberts upfront tonight then It's the combination that I would like to have seen earlier in the season, I really can't think why given Roberts scoring last season he has not been given a proper crack of the whip upfront this season.

Here's to a goal feast tonight.

Miller was bought for his potential as much as anything.

From what I have seen of him I think he will prove to be a very a shrewd signing.

His hold up play and close control is good but his strength will prove to be in heading the ball. However, like all players who are strong in this department they need the service to be able to do the job. That is the thing he has not had too much of this season.

Guest butterflybairn
Also, a team that was only denied promotion to the Premier League because of their ground doesn't deserve to be classed no better than Conference teams.  I'm sure they'd more than hold their own in our division, probably even division 1.
someone that knows something about Falkirk! :dunno:

don't forget it was a team that also beat the 3rd place SPL team 4-0 in the cup! maybe Lee is not scoring as many as the service he is recieving isn't up to the standard he had at Falkirk! :dunno:

you will reap the reward of this signing, i'm sure of it!

Miller to get a hat trick tonight - with a composed perfomance alongside Robberts.

Lets just hope Danny doesn't play Robberts as the target man...  :@

Ive always thought that Miller is good, just no-one seems to want to make a darting run past him for the flick on or pass through. Thats is the whole point of Miller, to get the arial ball and lay it off. But too often the midfield are stuck to thier position and too static. We need some bright spark off of Miller, Roberts up front would be looking for that flick behind the defence.

Miller and Roberts upfornt for City tonight I hope.

ps, did anyone else notice how Miller was the only one to clap off the City fans after the whistle on Saturday? I was one of the last to leave the EE and looked round to see Miller applauding us. Now to me, after the teams performance, that is very good and shows that he has respect for us getting behind them even with 2 goals down. Good on ya Lee!!!

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

dont forget the comedy moments miller has brought us when spinning around looking for the ball in the air. remember the miller fee isnt one lump sum and is paid in installments.

if it is roberts/miller partnership tonight i expect a 1-3 victory roberts(2) miller. hume (what a talent he is) for tranny

Guest whitey_03
Ive always thought that Miller is good, just no-one seems to want to make a darting run past him for the flick on or pass through. Thats is the whole point of Miller, to get the arial ball and lay it off. But too often the midfield are stuck to thier position and too static. We need some bright spark off of Miller, Roberts up front would be looking for that flick behind the defence.

Miller and Roberts upfornt for City tonight I hope.

ps, did anyone else notice how Miller was the only one to clap off the City fans after the whistle on Saturday? I was one of the last to leave the EE and looked round to see Miller applauding us. Now to me, after the teams performance, that is very good and shows that he has respect for us getting behind them even with 2 goals down. Good on ya Lee!!!

He came over to the East End to applaud the Scotland boys who were in there but of course he was applauding the fans who do appreciate the fact that even though he isnt scoring that he is putting his all into fighting for the City cause.

Believe me he appreciates the fans who are sticking by him, and of course when he scores again you will know by his celebration how much your support means to him.

Miller & Robbo tonight to show the City fans what a partnership is all about.

Archived