IGNORED

What Wilson Will Do

Bristol Boy

4-4-2

.........................................Phillips.........................................................

Carey.......................Butler............................Coles...............................Hill......

Wilkshire...................Burnell...........................Tinnion............................Coward

................................Roberts...........................Miller......................................

Subs

Stowell

Lita

Woodman

Bell

Fortune or M Brown

Two left backs should do :@

Whilst better than Saturdays line up, it's still show a desperate need for a decent wide right player and a striker.

This woud allow LW or someone decent to replace Burnell in central midfield

I'd also play Fortune at Centre Half and drop Butler.

DW won't and I reckon I won't be more than one player wrong across the 16.

Can't see us doing any better than a draw or scoring more than 1.Delighted if I'm wrong.

Over to you

BB. I value your postings on here. Don't always agree with you, but you tell it like you see it, and I respect that.

But I think to attack one of our own players in the way that you have by casually calling him Coward is overstepping the mark.

We often talk about criticising the post, not the poster. Surely we should apply the same courtesy to our players?

But I think to attack one of our own players in the way that you have by casually calling him Coward is overstepping the mark.

We often talk about criticising the post, not the poster. Surely we should apply the same courtesy to our players?

C'mon bb,your out of line on this.Freezer does what he can defenceivly(which aint much ;) ) and he is shy in the tackle,but hes not alone in that and i doubt D.W bought him for his tough tackling!

I know exactly what you mean though and it is frustrating watchin from the stands when players pull out BUT..... Freezer?...c'mon he only weighs 3 stone and a good frost would take him out!!!!! :D

Think your team is about right as i think Fortune has a knock?

Also.

............carey.....coles....hill......bell/woody ;)

MIller/roberts? worth a go,midfield will decide game. ;)

Tonight

left                                                    right

............................Phillips............................

Hill.............Butler............Coles............Carey

Goodfellow.....Tinnion.....Doherty......Wilkshire

........................Peacock...Miller....................

Doherty & Peacock are injured ;)

C'mon bb,your out of line on this.Freezer does what he can defenceivly(which aint much ;) ) and he is shy in the tackle,but hes not alone in that  and i doubt D.W bought him for his tough tackling!

I know exactly what you mean though and it is frustrating watchin from the stands when players pull out BUT..... Freezer?...c'mon he only weighs 3 stone and a good frost would take him out!!!!! :D

Think your team is about right as i think Fortune has a knock?

Also.

............carey.....coles....hill......bell/woody ;)

MIller/roberts? worth a go,midfield will decide game.  ;)

To quote Joe Jordan, with whom I agree, I don't expect wingers to tackle like Full Backs, but I do expect them to tackle.

My other issue with Goodfellow in that he very rarely takes players on the outside for fear, I believe of attracting a tackle or two.

This, despite his obvious talent, goal scoring abilty (4th Highest Scorer) & pace, makes him ineffective, as he curles balls in from both sides and, like Saturday, straight at the keeper.The kid can cross and shoot at pace, which makes it all the more annoying when he doesn't

Get to the bye line, at pace, play in outswingers, high and low and we look dangerous.

Nothing annoys me more than wasted ability........well, hitting my head on a steel spike or sitting on one, does, but not much does :D

See my reply below on the same subject.

No apologies Dave, the kid cost us serious money and is on serious wages.

At first (Notts County) I thought we had a good 'un, but if there's one thing that'll get the lad grief at AG, it's chickening out of tackles.I could also get him hurt and I'd hate to see that happen to anyone.

He was described to me by someone close to the club, as "Gutless," so what does that tell you?

I don't expect the boy to tackle like Matt Hill, but he makes LW & AB look like Norman Hunter and Tommy Smith.

With nine games to go and playing like we are, he needs to show heart, character, boundless energy, determination and do the business.

He's capable

It's not a question of talent and I'd have him taking corners and set pieces along with LW and fire BT & MB out of the road with their "pass backs"

Archived