IGNORED

I Just Got Back From Tranmere

nester

What can I say? If you keep your expectations low, then you will enjoy games like tonight. There was a lot of goal-mouth action, the game flowed quite well, the skill levels were average (a bit donky-ish from time to time, but hey what's new), each team had a shed load of corners.

A neutral would say that Tranmere probably deserved the win. They aren't anything special but they were really up for it. They hit the cross bar twice and had one cleared off the line. Their number 7 Hume was totally fighting for everything and we could do with someone like that.

Us? Well, we're not as good as we used to be, there's no entertainment there, no flair, no real feeling that we could score, there just isn't someone there to finish off a move. Roberts was up for it and is my MOTM. Fortune did ok but was a bit slow on the ball. There was too much woosh and hope. Most of our kids were pushed off the ball.

what's the point ...

btw, I live 20 minutes from Prenton Park.

Agree with everything you said Nester, only difference would be I had Carey as our best player. Other than that, we had no edge & never lloked like scoring. Miller worked his nuts off but had to provide for himself. Freezer & Wilkshire too lightweight against a very physical Tranmere side (Danny give the pair of them a meal).

Can't disagree with Southport, as he's nearly as big as me! However, I thought Roberts didn't attack the ball, you have to attack the ball in the penalty area, not wait for it to hit you.

Carey was excellent, however, it was defensive work.

Laughed a few times on the trip back listening to 5 Live. Each time the result was mentioned it was a 'shock', surprise! Was it?

Guest twaters

One question, did coles and hill have a little face to face squaring up? or is my friend winding me up? he says they had a bust up at the end?

Not forgetting the fact that his being Welsh disqualifies him from ever receiving any praise no matter how small

Quite right.....now if he was a welshman with one yellow marigold he could join in and look a prat with the rest of us :dunno: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Archived