IGNORED

From Steve L Forum

Bristol Boy

Just in case you don't visit the Steve L Forum, I've just posted this

Steve,

I don't post much on your Forum, but when I have you've been kind enough to reply.

I understand you cannot reply in detail on the subject matter of this message.

No doubt, you may be aware of my posts on the Fans Forum with regard to Mr Wilson and his assistant, Mr Barlow.

I don't like seeing anyone loose their job, although I have to admit, that Football Managers, with their over generous contracts, enjoy less of my sympathy than others, such as employees of my company, who I have had to make redundant after 23 and 31 years service respectively, due to no fault of their own.

Our recent six match run and moreover the performance level, has been nothing short of shameful, culminating in our last two performances against Oldham & Tranmere.

It was entirely predictable, as performances during our much vaunted 11 match run, weren't good and I said so at the time, along with many others.

Mr Wilsons failure to enjoy some luck and take advantage by strengthening at the right time, has proved a grave error and I would not be surprised if we miss the play offs and fail to win over the next 8 games.

That, from our position of 6 games ago,during which we have scored twice, conceeded 7 and won four points out of eighteen, including three homes games, against bottom of the table teams, is woeful in the extreme.

Our defending, all season from set pieces has been appalling and Mr Wilsons Coaching seems incapable of curing this.The same applies to our crossing, as was once again demonstrated this evening.

Another set piece goal tonight.

That we have not scored enough goals has been clear and Mr Wilsons intransigance in not tackling this issue, combined with his negative body language during matches, is there for all to see.

I consider that he is tactically inept and his decison to pursue tranfer deals, four days before the deadline, has shown that he has no appreciation of the severity or urgency of our situation.

I therefore consider that both he and Mr Barlow should be dismissed and a caretaker arrangement entered into, in order that the indiscipline shown on the pitch tonight does not transfer itself to utter frustration amongst the players leading to sendings off and a further decline in morale.

The players and the fans need a lift and Mr Wilson & Mr Barlow are not the people to do it, as their failure to attract the necessary loan signings, in any reasonable timescale, if at all, has proved.

The Board have supported the manager financially are are not, in my view, open to criticism, apart from the duration of Mr Wilsons contract.

It's time to act, while there is still time.

You all seemed to be VERY quite during our nice little run of 11 games that has seen us pushing for automatic promotion to div 1! isnt it a shame that you can even think of putting such rubbish on the Steve L board after a few dodgy results, I'd so like to see us now go on another good run so you can stick comments like that where the sun dont shine!

"You all seemed to be VERY quite during our nice little run of 11 games that has seen us pushing for automatic promotion to div 1! isnt it a shame that you can even think of putting such rubbish on the Steve L board after a few dodgy results, I'd so like to see us now go on another good run so you can stick comments like that where the sun dont shine!"

Sorry mate but when I've made long trips to Grimsby on a Tuesday night etc. I feel I can say what I want regarding my opinions.

I have said throughout our winning run, once we have one defeat bye bye promotion, that defeat came at Sheffield, and now look, I'll let you decide.

I think it would take a very brave Mr Lansdown to act now. I think he should but understand why he probably wont.

Think how many 'Why sack Danny, when we were 3rd?' type posts would be vented at him should a new manager fail to turn things around.

Irrepective of whether or not we think we're going to fail anyway. Its a decision I would not like to have to make.

Hope he calls it right, he could be getting a ear bashing anyway ...'Why did'nt we change it, with 8 games to go' type threads.

NOT HAPPY AND STILL NOT CLAPPY :@

How can you go upto a manger like Danny and tell him he's fired, the reason,

STEVE

"Well Mr Wilson youve done a great job, LDV trophy, playoffs, always top half positions, oh but hang on no promotion"

DANNY

"Ah yes but promotion, with that bunch of effortless lads who go out on the piss every night, players that couldnt score in Jordans bedroom, no money from you when I really needed it, whatever gave you the idea i ever had any chance of getting this team promoted..

STEVE

"Its ok Ive lined up Phil Bater"!

DANNY

"Ah yes but promotion, with that bunch of effortless lads who go out on the piss every night, players that couldnt score in Jordans bedroom, no money from you when I really needed it, whatever gave you the idea i ever had any chance of getting this team promoted.."

Steve

"Erm, you signed them Danny?"

• Admin

This would bring up so many questions:

DANNY

"Ah yes but promotion, with that bunch of effortless lads (motivation?)who go out on the piss every night(discipline?), players that couldnt score in Jordans bedroom(judgement/training?), no money from you when I really needed it(lies), whatever gave you the idea i ever had any chance of getting this team promoted..(waste of resources?)"

You all seemed to be VERY quite during our nice little run of 11 games that has seen us pushing for automatic promotion to div 1! isnt it a shame that you can even think of putting such rubbish on the Steve L board after a few dodgy results, I'd so like to see us now go on another good run so you can stick comments like that where the sun dont shine!
If you check with our stats man, you'll find that I actually posted MORE during our 11 game run and, according to Tom F, more or less predicted what's happening now.

I'm not at all pleased about it and would love to see City 10 points clear and having beaten the mighty Tranmere, Oldham,Sheff Weds,Stockport & Wycombe.

How I wish I was wrong and you could all have a bl00d* good laugh at my expense.....which I still hope you can at the end of the season, because I'll be laughing just as much as you.

I think it would take a very brave Mr Lansdown to act now. I think he should but understand why he probably wont.

Think how many 'Why sack Danny, when we were 3rd?' type posts would be vented at him should a new manager fail to turn things around.

Irrepective of whether or not we think we're going to fail anyway. Its a decision I would not like to have to make.

Hope he calls it right, he could be getting a ear bashing anyway ...'Why did'nt we change it, with 8 games to go' type threads.

NOT HAPPY AND STILL NOT CLAPPY :@

Issues such as DW's apparent inability to find any loan signings and his dilatory manner in approaching the problem in hand, in anything approaching a timely manner, is reason enough.

BYE DANNY, SEE YA FRANK.

Archived