IGNORED

Steve L & Danny W

Taz

Reading have turned down an approach from us to get Scott Murray back on loan for the remainder of the season. We all know this though don't we? Well everybody apart from Danny Wilson apparently.

Despite the stories in the papers today and the news on the radio (this is how I was first made aware about Murray), Danny Wilson has told Radio Bristol that he knew nothing about us approaching Reading about Scott Murray. :dunno:

The story on the main site, includes comments made by Steve regarding this situation. Nothing from Danny Wilson with regards to an approach for the former City ace. Hmmmmm.

There are two ways of looking at this.

1. Danny Wilson is on his way to Tranmere with the team in preparation for tonights game. After a brief comment made by DW about Murray, SL decides to contact Reading to enquire about his availability. What a nice surprise this would be for Danny when he found out that Mr Murray was coming back for a brief stay.

However, things didn't quite work out. Reading rejected the enquiry, and SL just simply forgot to contact Danny and make him aware. It's possible.

2. Steve Landsown has lost faith in his manager. In an attempt to get the clubs season back on track, decides to do something himself. After all he is the top man, and let's be honest, wouldn't any of us do the same thing if we thought that our staff were incapable of producing the goods?

So, am I along with Radio Bristol and no doubt the local papers (who will already be aware of this) over-reacting?

Communication problems?

Lack of trust?

Steve is a supporter, just like most of us and obviously wants what is best for the club. After all, he is putting money into the club isn't he?

So I put it to you, are there problems off the field at BCFC?

I heard the Radio Bristol report..to me, he (wilson) sounded a bit rattled. I believe that Steve L took it upon himself to enquire, thinking the same way as most (?) of the fans do that something has to be done. If wilson admitted that an enquiry had been made then it could be looked upon they he has failed....i.e, murray goes, he brings in two new signings to replace but at the crunch the one thing we need is Murray! It dont look good on wilson hence the denial. :dunno:

• Admin

There is a few more options although these could still count as poor communication:

(3) Danny & Steve launch a bid for Murray but obviously decide to keep quiet until a decision is reached by Reading. Danny travels to Tranmere unaware of the response from Coppell. Steve comments after we are rebuffed. Danny sticks to original plan of "plead ignorance".

(4) Given Danny's record at picking out "right-wingers" to sign, Steve takes it upon himself to bring one in who is DEFINITELY a right-winger so Danny doesn't waste any more of his money randomly buying midfielders in the hope they would be able to do a job on the right wing.

Archived