IGNORED

Roberts And Miller

Lordofthebling

Well we did choose them - and Freezer was on the left....

I'm pretty much stumped for ideas - as I'm SURE Danny is...!!

<Hes just hoping Peacocks ok soon..>

Heres my task list:

We need a loan in.

We need Doc back.

We need to find a way of getting crosses in and shots on goal.

We need to give the players support and not get on their backs.

We need to find a way of getting Butler out of the team.

We need to learn how to defend at free kicks/corners/throw ins.

And we need to learn how to score goals again.

Are we still the best defence in the league?

Sorry man in black, but :@

we had tonight miller and roberts, with goodfellow and wilkshire

on the wings, which does sound good! only problem is that they all have

been shuffled around so much in recent weeks they all kept drifting around

the pitch tonight, at one stage it got comical with carey playing so deep

with miller and roberts looking for the ball on the right wing and wilkshire gone

missing no one there a striker to pass to? oh i give up :@

Guest uncle john

To drop Butler, put Hill at centre back (his best position, our best defender), and play Woodman or Bell at left back.

It appears to me that everybody was expecting Miller and Roberts up-front, Freezer on the left, Fortune in his Vieira position; bring on the goals galore!

Things don't work that fast. If they did, a large percentage of the population would not feel sorry for Mr Ranieiri at the moment as he would be top of the Premiership, facing Man U in the FA Cup semi as clear favourite and smiling at his handsome Champions League first leg winning margin.

Miller, Roberts, Freezer and Clayton need another 3/4 games in those positions to show if the majority fans (based on forum responses) view was correct.

However, I suspect that Leapy will be back before this period of games and put straight back in.

We don't know if we currently have the answer with the team selection (despite the humiliation of last night) and will probably not know as it will surely change again very soon.

Personally, I would like to see if the same starting XI (preferably after a big toe up their butts from the Manager) can raise the performance at Port Vale. If not, then you can't blame the Manager for changing it for QPR. If they do, then Danny has a big decision to make!

Well we did choose them - and Freezer was on the left....

I'm pretty much stumped for ideas - as I'm SURE Danny is...!!

<Hes just hoping Peacocks ok soon..>

Heres my task list:

We need a loan in.

We need Doc back.

Sorry man in black, but :@

We need a loan in.

6/8 Weeks ago

We need Doc back.

His form had dipped just before he was injured although I agree and he'd be better on crutches than some.

We've needed that all season.Why hasn't the management done something.

I think the fans away and home have been brilliant.Take it from me, ten years ago, they would have been destroyed for performances like Oldham.

Tell the manager.

All season and perhaps one of you clever young guys could let me know what % of goals have ben conceeded from set pieces.Sorry Manager/Coaching again.

ALL SEASON, again.

No, but we've scored twice in 6 games and that's the real problem not the defence.

Roberts was alright last night, not brilliant but alright. Miller on the other hand, well i could be here all day talking about what he didnt do grrrrrrr!!!!!

Now you can keep blaming Peacock but i suggest you take a closer look at the other striker who you seem to love. Here's to hoping Lee P is back very very very soon!!!!!

we had tonight miller and roberts, with goodfellow and wilkshire

on the wings, which does sound good! only problem is that they all have

been shuffled around so much in recent weeks they all kept drifting around

the pitch tonight, at one stage it got comical with carey playing so deep

with miller and roberts looking for the ball on the right wing and wilkshire gone

missing no one there a striker to pass to? oh i give up :@

I'm OK until we play Wilkshire wide

Guest Grannyjoy

"Miller on the other hand, well i could be here all day talking about what he didnt do grrrrrrr!!!!!"

Citygal 9

I had the disadvantage of only being able to listen to last nights match, although I have been sent some , normally reliable reports.

Any chance you could expand on the above quote?, if the list is too long maybe just pick out what you consider to be the most damming.

Thanks

"Miller on the other hand, well i could be here all day talking about what he didnt do grrrrrrr!!!!!"

Citygal 9

I had the disadvantage of only being able to listen to last nights match, although I have been sent some , normally reliable reports.

Any chance you could expand on the above quote?, if the list is too long maybe just pick out what you consider to be the most damming.

Thanks

He didnt seem interested, it seemed half the time Roberts was up there on his own, couldnt deliever, looked for some help, obvious suggestion to look would be to the other centre forward, where was Miller? farting about somewhere else. Miller wasnt the only one in all fairness, but we really need to see some improvement. I am a massive Peacock fan as you may have gathered and I'm not prepared to sit and listen to the crap he gets on here when the other stikers are just as bad!

I think citygal is a BIG Leapy fan Joy :dunno:

And why not? top man for me works hard,leads line needed a rest,hope back soon.His presence will be needed.

Your Lee did well according to most reports,wasnt there myself.....

whats this about in-fighting from our lot?

any one explain??? :dunno:

I am a massive Peacock fan as you may have gathered and I'm not prepared to sit and listen to the crap he gets on here when the other stikers are just as bad!
fair comment! you go gal!

Strikers arent nowhere near as scary as Knight, Birchall, Mooney and Parkin to name a few..

I think citygal is a BIG Leapy fan Joy :dunno:

And why not? top man for me works hard,leads line needed a rest,hope back soon.His presence will be needed.

Your Lee did well according to most reports,wasnt there myself.....

whats this about in-fighting from our lot?

any one explain??? :dunno:

Someone else from the game said that Coles and Hill were 'fighting' but dont quote me on that as i did not see anything myself.

And Sabb Driver I'm not simply having a dig at Miller for the sake of it. I was there last night and match reports dont often tell exactly as it was. Miller was below par and so were all the other team but you all wanted Peacock out the team didnt you?! Even I kept on about Miller and Roberts been picked for the front and we didnt see any improvement last night. I'll back Peacock all the way, so why should he get crap for not scoring or whatever and the others play like kack and nothing's allowed to be said against them?!

Guest Grannyjoy

"And Sabb Driver I'm not simply having a dig at Miller for the sake of it. I was there last night and match reports dont often tell exactly as it was. Miller was below par and so were all the other team but you all wanted Peacock out the team didnt you?! Even I kept on about Miller and Roberts been picked for the front and we didnt see any improvement last night. I'll back Peacock all the way, so why should he get crap for not scoring or whatever and the others play like kack and nothing's allowed to be said against them?!"

Citygal,

I respect your opinion, for the fact that it is your opinion. I have often said that several people can come away from a game with completely differing points of view, and conclusions. The reason I pursued yours is that you seemed to single Lee M out for your criticism, I now understand a bit better why.

Most supporters have their own personal favourites, I do too, but I would like to think that changes made, in the hope of improving the teams performance , should be given time, not slated after one try. Lee P would be the first to admit he was tired, therefore don't you feel a rest would have been to his advantage, and I am in no doubt Lee P will come back fresher and better.

Being a relatively reasonable female (if there is such a thing!) I will choose to go along with the majority,( too many to quote), as far as last nights reports go.

Realising your dedication to the Club, I can only hope that each player can live up to your expectations of them.

Whats important now is that we all get behind them, giving the kind of support that could just make the difference.

"And Sabb Driver I'm not simply having a dig at Miller for the sake of it. I was there last night and match reports dont often tell exactly as it was. Miller was below par and so were all the other team but you all wanted Peacock out the team didnt you?! Even I kept on about Miller and Roberts been picked for the front and we didnt see any improvement last night. I'll back Peacock all the way, so why should he get crap for not scoring or whatever and the others play like kack and nothing's allowed to be said against them?!"

Citygal,

I respect your opinion, for the fact that it is your opinion.  I have often said that several people can come away from a game with completely differing points of view, and conclusions.  The reason I pursued yours is that  you seemed to single Lee M out for your criticism,  I now understand a bit better why. 

Most supporters have their own personal favourites, I do too, but I would like to think that changes made, in the hope of improving the teams performance , should be given time, not slated after one try.  Lee P would be the first to admit he was tired, therefore don't you feel a rest would have been to his advantage, and I am in no doubt Lee P will come back fresher and better.

Being a relatively reasonable female (if there is such a thing!)  I will choose to go along with the majority,( too many to quote), as far as last nights reports go.

Realising your dedication to the Club, I can only hope that each player can live up to your expectations of them.

Whats important now is that we all get behind them, giving the kind of support that could just make the difference.

I dont want this to turn into a slagging off match and for what its worth i really rate Lee Miller very very highly. My point was that they were all crap last night and the comments ive read about Peacock being taken out the squad for the last couple of weeks (and yes he did need a rest) he got injured, Miller and Roberts start (wahey i thought) but no luck.

Maybe Lee did do all he thought he could and so he should but it didnt pay off. Id hope DW will give them all a kick up the arse until Saturday and make them work damn hard and give the pair another chance against Vale :ph34r:

I saw hill shove Coles after a defensive misunderstanding, does show a bit of passion for the game and if it means mistakes become less then they can have a go at each other as much as they like. I expect they normally shout all sorts of things at each other, just happened that this time there was some contact so came to peoples attentions more, nothing major though, so I wouldn't worry abuot it.

On the Striker front I do think, and I'm sure I've said before, that the criticism heaped on Peacock was a little over the top when I thought none of the other strikers were performing either.

Obviously what we want from a striker is goals. Peacock is our clubs top scorer whether you like it or not. That is a fact, so he might not have performed lately but he must of done somethnig to get the ball in the back of the net 14 times.

I don't have the figures to hand but I would be very interested in seeing what the goals/number of minutes of the pitch are for each of our frontmen. I'm not sure Peacock has the top ratio but would be interested to see if he was. Anyone know what it is? And even the number of assists by each of the frontmen too, get some hard facts involved and then see what people say.

Guest BCFC Taunton

INSTEAD OF ARGUING AMOGNST ARE SELFS AND SLAGING EVREYONE OF MAYBE FOR A CHANGE WE SHOULD GET BEHIND THEM AND UNITE. I WASNT ABLE TO GO LAST NIGHT BUT I WAS THERE SAT AND IT WAS ABISMALE BUT IF WE ARE CONSTENTLY PUTING THE PLAYERS DOWN IT WILL DENT THERE COFIDENCE MORE THAN IT ALREADY HAS, AND THATS WHAT THY NEED AT THE MOMENT CONFIDENCE. I THINK ONCE LEE P SCORES ONCE HE WILL GET BACK TO THE WAY HIS WAS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON BANGING THEM IN.

Guest Grannyjoy

This is getting a bit silly now.

All I wanted to do was enquire further of Citygal's observations, and she very kindly abliged.

I have never, and would never criticise an individual player, as some do.

I think most of the forum agreed that it was time to try something different up front due to our lack of goals, and having tried other combinations it was inevitable that one without Lee p would eventually be tried. It was unfortunate that this came about as a result of Lee being injured, but he wnted a rest before the injury.

As I said in my last post, Its time for us to get behind the boys 100% our support could make all the difference.

• Admin
Stil be interested in the goals/mins on pitch ratio though, just out of curiousity, anyone know where i could find that out?
Up until (and including) the Stockport game Lee Peacock had played 2642 mins (not including injury time) compared to Lee Miller's 2366 mins (not including injury time). Lee Peacock had completed 22 games compared to Miller's 6 games.

It is also worth noting I suppose that 9 of Peacock's 14 goals came in his first 10 appearances. He has since scored 5 goals in 28 appearances.

Up until (and including) the Stockport game Lee Peacock had played 2642 mins (not including injury time) compared to Lee Miller's 2366 mins (not including injury time). Lee Peacock had completed 22 games compared to Miller's 6 games.

It is also worth noting I suppose that 9 of Peacock's 14 goals came in his first 10 appearances. He has since scored 5 goals in 28 appearances.

Cheers Madger. So

Peacock 2642 mins, 14 goals = 188 mins per goal

Miller 2366 mins, 9 goals = 263 mins per goal

Agreeably Peacock has had a lean spell lately but over the whole season so far is more productive goal wise.

• Admin
Cheers Madger. So

Peacock 2642 mins, 14 goals = 188 mins per goal

Miller 2366 mins, 9 goals = 263 mins per goal

Agreeably Peacock has had a lean spell lately but over the whole season so far is more productive goal wise.

But since his early season hot spell he's regressed to a goal every 351 minutes in his following 28 appearances.

Archived