IGNORED

Lowered Expectations

RedUn

A while back I was under the impression we had our best squad since the 70s. Apparently not - you could have put any eleven from AD's squad out last night and given Tranmere more of a game (and they are all in their fifties now).

If DW didn't know he needed a *leader* of the line this season why did he trial Ohenhen and what was the lesson learned from Mark Robins brief stay? ... Miller, Lita, even Roberts, are all rookies and all they have to look to is Peacock who does all his work 40 yards from goal and takes a breather when he reaches the box. The only coach with practical experience of goalscoring (Walshie) doesn't work with the first team.

We'd have to sign Ronaldo and Zidane today to make much difference but all we hear about is a sentimental return for Scoot.

I'm given to understand that DW is quite capable of giving his players the "hairdrier" treatment and I perfectly understand why he'd keep what is actually said private. However, we need more than that and having just heard this morning's platitudinous claptrap I'd sooner he didn't give interviews at all. I ask you - "there were positives to take and we'll be working on things in training". Compare and contrast that with Andy King tearing his lot off a strip for "lack of professionalism" in not winning at Wrexham (where they nevertheless scored as many goals in one game as we have in the last six matches).

All I want from this season now is to avoid Swindon in the play-offs ... if we qualify. :dunno:

Archived