IGNORED

In Wilsons Defence

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The players just aren't good enough.

Docherty and Coles are the only two with a future at a higher level, the rest will always be above average Div 2

The players just aren't good enough.

Docherty and Coles are the only two with a future at a higher level, the rest will always be above average Div 2

I actually think TD would striggle at a higher level, week in, week out, due to lack of pace and physical fitness.

Coles has gone backwards since last season.Two reasons, Butler & believing what he read in the papers about how great he was.

Up or down I can see at least 6/10 out and 5/6 in.

think Hill will go too - Reading or someone...

Hes always wanted for a million on my champ man game..

We should be playing at Div one level to get out of this league - are they good enough?

Philips - I think so, but not if we DO ever go to challenge for Div 1 playoffs.

Carey - As above

Butler - Never

Coles - Form has dipped since his hair grown back, on his day top div 1 player - now 2nd Div player.

Hill - In my opinion, best Def we have - has the passion and know how, but lacks height.

Fortune - should be given a chance.

Wilkshire - So dissapointed by him, he seems to go unoticed on the park.

Doc - Best Player we have, mid table top end of Div one player on his day - but these are not his days.

Tinman - Still doing the job for us - for now - but not a 1st div player anymore.

Goodfellow/Brown - too lightweight, as unpredictable as hell but both still seem a good prospect.

Miller - lightweight, cant seem to finish, too similar to LeeP - could come good though.

Peacock - Over rated but still a top 2nd Div, bottom 1st Div strilker.

Roberts - seems arrogant, but knows where the net is - not a winger.

Lita - our best prospect - but not ready

All the other players have not been given a chance so i dont think i can comment on them sadly.

Why is this in Wilson's defence?

He's signed a load of players, and not one you'd say was good beyond any reasonable doubt.

He's decidided which players he inherited to keep, which to dispose of.

He's had fantastic financial support from the Board, both financially and in terms of patience.

He's been here four years and the team I saw last night at Tranmere and last Saturday against Oldham were his selection and his alone. If wasn't happy with the squad he should have changed. He didn't and I hope he pays the price at the end of the season.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Ok that's fair enough. It is his team with his sigings, but lets not forget that we have seen this team play some fantastic football, like Tranmere (h) last season or the run in at the end of last season.

Why can't they manage it now? The players are in a confort zone and I think the majoity of the "old guard" need shiping out before they taint anyone else.

• Admin
Ok that's fair enough. It is his team with his sigings, but lets not forget that we have seen this team play some fantastic football, like Tranmere (h) last season or the run in at the end of last season.

Why can't they manage it now? The players are in a confort zone and I think the majoity of the "old guard" need shiping out before they taint anyone else.

....and who's job is it to ensure this "comfort zone" isn't allowed to take place?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

yeah but who's job is it to stay professional and motivated.

We need to stop treating the players as children, they are adults and know what's expected of them, the manager shouldn't be responsible for poor attitudes

Guest tully

Wilson will go if we don't go up! Not by the sack but he will walk. 4 failures at gettin outta this poxy division aint good on anyone's CV! not sure who will take him on though!

Also around 15 of the squad conttracts are up in the summer - though you wouoldnt hink so the way they are playing at the mo!

Guest Congesbury Robin

I don't think I could handle another season in this poxy division. Wilson must fall on his sword. Time for a change me thinks. :dunno:

Archived