IGNORED

Just Back From Wembley

Robbored

If anyone gets a chance to see a game at the New Wembley - grab it with both hands.Its magnificent.The best stadium I've ever been to.

Its vast with a massive concourse.Has two big screens,one at either end and the facilities are well designed.The only complaint is a familiar one - the cost of everything.£3.50 a pint. A fiver for a burger.A quid for a regular packet of crisps.Tea at £1.50/

In fact the outlets were doing very poorly.Most fans had brought thier own grub and eaten outside or bought grub from Wembley high street.They have certainly shot themselves in the foot with the catering prices.

As for being surrounded by gasheads all day - I just about coped! but if I hear 'Irene' one more time today I'll scream.Its all they sang all game.Only one anti City song which petered out when hardly anyone stood up.Another impressive thing - they showed the first half highlights during the break on the big screens.

All in all a good day out made much better by not giving a toss about who won.

Edited by Robbored

Guest The Championship-Reality

:englandsmile4wf: I went 2 watch England U16s vs Spain U16s a month ago. IT took my breath away then. :englandsmile4wf:

England are now home. :englandflag:

If anyone gets a chance to see a game at the New Wembley - grab it with both hands.Its magnificent.The best stadium I've ever been to.

Its vast with a massive concourse.Has two big screens,one at either end and the facilities are well designed.The only complaint is a familiar one - the cost of everything.£3.50 a pint. A fiver for a burger.A quid for a regular packet of crisps.Tea at £1.50/

In fact the outlets were doing very poorly.Most fans had brought thier own grub and eaten outside or bought grub from Wembley high street.They have certainly shot themselves in the foot with the catering prices.

As for being surrounded by gasheads all day - I just about coped! but if I hear 'Irene' one more time today I'll scream.Its all they sang all game.Only one anti City song which petered out when hardly anyone stood up.Another impressive thing - they showed the first half highlights during the break on the big screens.

Bristol zoo is very nice as well. Even has inflated prices. The thing is i would rather visit the zoo than ever watch the sags and mix with their putrid fans. EVER. In fact, I would rather stick a rusty nail down my japs eye than watch those scummers no matter where it is.

Guest Harvey_BCFC

Couldn't agree more. The place is breathtaking (even if it was filled with sags)

Agree about the chanting as well, they are the most unimaginative fans in the world. They truly epitomise the "You've only got one song" chant. They really need to come up with some new material.

Guest DanC

So the Chairman of BRISTOL CITY supporters club. If ever I doubted your position as chairman I doubt it even more now.

It's all OK if you want to go to Wembley and sample it, But why a a Rovers game?

I've been to Wembley for the England U21 game and although the size of it is impressive it is over rated. Wembley was still a building site for that game and still a work in progress so hopefully some things have changed by the time I go there next Friday to watch England V Brazil.

THERE IS A F,,,ING ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM AND NO ONE CAN SEE IT. WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANY SELF REGARDING CITY WANT TO AND WATCH THE GAS.

I'm sorry robbored but you views and opinions on this site is null and void to me now.

Edited by bs3

Guest DanC
:nono:

I will wait, as good as it may be, I would not stoop so low as to go and watch the Gypos play at Wembley, you should be ashamed of yourself!

He should resign from his position as Supporters Club chairman with immediate effect and then get onto Bristol Rovers Supporters club and see if they have any vacancies. He will then have found his level.

Alan, I'm glad you had a great day out, and it's also heartening to know that Wembley's caterers are commiting daylight robbery against fans, whilst Ashton Gate's are only crudely extortionate.

Guest tux1982

why not go and watch yeovil play tomorrow if you are desperate to goto wembley? you could of easily got tickets for the shrewsbury end aswell

I will go to the new Wembley one day. It will be too watch England or City or some minnion team in the FA Vase trophy.

But going and standing with the Gas fans under the guise of just wanting to see a football stadium is just wrong.

I bet you clapped your ickle fat puds when the blue poo scored didn't you? Ewww!

I would say you've gone down further in my estimation, but, the ground has already stopped you months ago.

So the Chairman of BRISTOL CITY supporters club. If ever I doubted your position as chairman I doubt it even more now.

It's all OK if you want to go to Wembley and sample it, But why a a Rovers game?

I've been to Wembley for the England U21 game and although the size of it is impressive it is over rated. Wembley was still a building site for that game and still a work in progress so hopefully some things have changed by the time I go there next Friday to watch England V Brazil.

i also went to that England u21 game at wembley a month or so ago. Was very disapointed with the stadium. yes it has flash elevators, marble in the toilets, machines that pour 8 pints at once etc... BUT... It is not a football stadium, its far to 'USA' for me. Also far to much corporate hospitality. Its like Anfield vs Old Trafford (Anfield every time, a true football stadium).

That said I am going to England v Brazil on Friday hoping to change my mind (as you know from other threads). Next time we get to a final, I will miss being in Cardif to be honest! The bars, the atmosphere etc.

Guest DIZZYRED
Would love to go to Wembley but NEVER to watch the enemy! :disapointed2se:

here here!!!

I'm going to watch England Vs Brazil cant f.in wait!!! :englandsmile4wf:

Bests seats aswell!!! :dancing6:

**note to self must leave lion at home** :rofl2br:

Guest chel10ham

Umm, maybe this fella just thought watching Gas v Shrews was likely to be a better game than England v Brazil (which will be just like the cup final).

Guest Jurssey
Umm, maybe this fella just thought watching Gas v Shrews was likely to be a better game than England v Brazil (which will be just like the cup final).

That's not quite the point really mate.

I think Women's Hockey would be more acceptable than his choice of team today.

:wacko: Have we chosen the most silly poster of the year yet?

:redcard: know wonder the supporters club is in a mess ,

robbored is a gashead :redcard: .

is traitor too strong a word :reaper::protest:

Steady!

He's being a prat for shouting about having a great day out watching the gas get promoted but he's helping run the SC and they've been very good for the club over the years.

He deserves a verbal kicking but don't go mad. In a court of law he could plead insanity.

Guest Jurssey
Steady!

He's being a prat for shouting about having a great day out watching the gas get promoted but he's helping run the SC and they've been very good for the club over the years.

He deserves a verbal kicking but don't go mad. In a court of law he could plead insanity.

I'd go with "diminished responsibility" and throw himself at the mercy of the court.

Hopefully Mr Justice Tower Crane ain't presiding or he could be looking at 30 years hard labour!

What a bunch of narrow minded and bigoted muppets!

So ....I went to Wembley to see the new stadium.As I'm not a member of the England Supporters club I'm not likely to get to see England in a competitive match.Friendlies are meaningless.I'm also not likely to get there as a City fan - next season we won't in the Mickey Mouse Cup and its unlikey that we'll feature in the finals of the Carling or FA Cup.

Possibly but very unlikely a play-off final is the best hope I've got.

So.....I happen to have a number of gashead mates who as people I like very much.They offered me a ticket as long as I drove them to and from Wembley in thier own mini-bus. I obliged.The ticket was £54 worth.

Now you lot can slag me off as much as you like and even have a pop and my position in the SC but at the end of the day I went to the New Wembley to experience £750m worth of stadium and that I did.

Friendly rivalry between the clubs is fine and there was loads of banter today but this neatherdal attitude that some have displayed on this thread is frankly.....neatherdal.

Grow up.

Before anyone mentions Yeovil - I don't have many Yeovil mates.One in fact so there was no way I was going to get ticket for tomorrows game.

Edited by Robbored

So ....I went to Wembley to see the new stadium.As I'm not a member of the England Supporters club I'm not likely to get to see England in a competitive match.Friendlies are meaningless.I'm also not likely to get there as a City fan - next season we won't in the Mickey Mouse Cup and its unlikey that we'll feature in the finals of the Carling or FA Cup.

So.....I happen to have a number of gashead mates who as people I like very much.They offered me a ticket as long as I drove them to and from Wembley in thier own mini-bus. I obliged.The ticket was £54 worth.

Now you lot can slag me off as much as you like and even have a pop and my position in the SC but at the end of the day I went to the New Wembley to experience £750m worth of stadium and that I did.

Friendly rivalry between the clubs is fine and there was loads of banter today but this neatherdal attitude that some have displayed on this thread is frankly.....neatherdal.

Grow up.

Before anyone mentions Yeovil - I don't have many Yeovil mates.One in fact so there was no way I was going to get ticket for tomorrows game.

as long as I drove them to and from Wembley in thier own mini-bus.

By God. Not only are you a quisling but a lackey as well

Grow up.

Before anyone mentions Yeovil - I don't have many Yeovil mates.One in fact so there was no way I was going to get ticket for tomorrows game. Presumably you could if you drove him up in a mini-bus?

Think you mean neanderthal Robbored!! Ooh the irony.

I see this thread went down well then!!

as long as I drove them to and from Wembley in thier own mini-bus.

By God. Not only are you a quisling but a lackey as well

Don't you have any gashead mates? People you've known for years?

Whoops! sorry you probably don't have any mates at all.

Couple of points:

Why did you go?

Secondly:When one builds a football stadium............i.e.A Stadium to host games of football, as opposed to, say, the Millenium or Twickenham, the Primary Purpose of which is to house Rugby or The Olympic Stadium in Rome which was built as a multi sport venue, why isn't it designed to allow for 90,000 segregated.?

There will be very few games at which there will be no away fans or opposition supporters divided fairly equally.

Massively over budget and years late it now seems poorly designed.

Why did you go?

To see the New Wembley - pretty much free of charge.

Forget the polical ramblings - the stadium is the muts nuts - bollux to 'over budget' and so on.

Have you seen a competetive match there? I'd be interested in your views.

I unfortunately live in Kingswood and was enjoying a pint at my local when loads of Rovers fans came in and we're singing songs. I couldnt even bear it enough to finish my pint. Went to another pub where there were no scum.

How you could sit in a stadium full of the knobs is beyond me.

Guest Jurssey

Mate I grew up in Frenchay and Downend so I have much more Gashead mates than City!

Would I drive them all in a bus to Wembley and then sit and watch them win promotion in a play off final.

Would I bollox.

Mate I grew up in Frenchay and Downend so I have much more Gashead mates than City!

Would I drive them all in a bus to Wembley and then sit and watch them win promotion in a play off final.

Would I bollox.

as my username implies, i'm from downend and being amongst ,mainly gas,i would say you despise them even more so than if i lived south bristol area.

would NEVER ever go to watch the gas,as some **** at the top of the thread says to see the stadium.

and i know gas have an even stronger anti city tendancies,than we to them :disapointed2se:

Edited by bcfc@downend

Forget the polical ramblings - the stadium is the muts nuts - bollux to 'over budget' and so on.

Yes, but the pong!!!

Have you seen a competetive match there? I'd be interested in your views.

No and I wouldn't watch the Gas if the stadium was on Mars and the deal included a trip on The Starship Enterprise

As for what you said about the budget-you may well say that, but that why it's £54 not £34 to go in!!

Guest DanC

Grow up.

What utter b***ocks. Surely you can afford to pay £45 for a two year membership to join Englandfans'? Which will give you priority for England tickets and that will then give you £5 off each match you attended so in the long run, In fact if you would have gone to all the England games during that 2 year period then you would be spending a grand total of ZERO POUNDS.

As for what you said about the budget-you may well say that, but that why it's £54 not £34 to go in!!

Ian - my understanding is that it was actually MultiPlex who suffered from the overspend due to the FA having structured this cintract properly therefore the FA shouldn't have needed to pay more than originally planned and this should have no effect on the ticket price...

Guest DanC

Have you seen a competitive match there? I'd be interested in your views.

Don't know if you noticed or not, Probably to busy celebrating the sags win but if you look closely they have cut a lot of corners to keep the costs down and get it finished when they did. For instance the concourses, Not covered by glass in places mainly at ground level instead covered by netting so on a cold day your likely to get frost bite. Look beyond the Cover Mr Saghead.

So the head man of the City supporters club goes to Wembley to WATCH THE ROVERS.I think YOU should have a SERIOUS rethink about your position.

You are a sad sad man.

Grow up.

You are NO CITY :yes::yes::yes: ,I would not dream of watching THEM :noexpression: even in my back garden. GO AWAY YOU ARE NOT WANTED. :ranting: BASICALLY....... :shutup: OFF.

Guest DanC
He drove them there, it gets better!

Did you pay for their tickets to????

Bet he brought them all a round of drinks after the game as well.

I have mates who support man u, liverpool, arsenal ,Bridgwater Town......... etc etc whats your point???? YOUR NO CITY FAN.

Bet you cant wait for League ones fixture list to come out :yes:

Say what you like about Cardiff, Millwall etc but at least they wouldn't stoop to these lows, football is in some respects about rivalty and loyally, banter etc. i just couldn't see The Chairman of Cardiff or Millwalls supporters club going to watch Swansea or West Ham in the play off final, as for driving them up there, that is a whole new level!

I wonder if he went the whole hog and wore a quartered shirt and jester hat, may aswell have, I bet his "mates" were having a right laugh at his expense!

Guest Matty

Hhmmmmm...... I take your point of wanting to see the new national stadium, but I have to say your match choice and timing is really poor indeed....

....that would be like me (Birmingham City fan) going to watch Villa in a cup final (just to see the ground) not a chance in hell would I go..... I'd rather chew off my own feet and walk on my hands to the moon...

...and before anyone jumps down my throat and says "It's got nothing to do with you your not a City fan", well, my GF is and by default they are my second team so I take an interest as I'll be seeing a few games next season....plus I kind of like the people on this board!! :winner_third_h4h:

Cheers,

Matty.

Edited by Matty

Hhmmmmm...... I take your point of wanting to see the new national stadium, but I have to say your match choice and timing is really poor indeed....

....that would be like me (Birmingham City fan) going to watch Villa in a cup final (just to see the ground) not a chance in hell would I go..... I'd rather chew off my own feet and walk on my hands to the moon...

...and before anyone jumps down my throat and says "It's got nothing to do with you your not a City fan", well, my GF is and by default they are my second team so I take an interest as I'll be seeing a few games next season....plus I kind of like the people on this board!! :winner_third_h4h:

Cheers,

Matty.

Your 100% right, Imagine Evertonians going to Athens "to see the stadium", this bloke Robbered has committed the cardinel sin and is BOASTING about it :pacifier: . Or is it me whose going mad ? please tell me ??????????? please.

Guest DanC

The only reason I would ever consider driving them there is to get them lost on purpose so they miss the game.

I have some friends in work who asked me if I wanted to go and I said no thanks, Watched the first game there, Watching the first senior England game there next week so why would I want to waste my hard earned cash on watching the sags play there when I can watch it on Sky Sports and not be surrounded by sags all day.

These Friends know how much I hate the sags and I tell them every day I like you as a person but I hate your football club with a passion and hope you fail in everything you do. If any of you went to the JPT away game then you would understand why.

Guest DanC
Your 100% right, Imagine Evertonians going to Athens "to see the stadium", this bloke Robbered has committed the cardinel sin and is BOASTING about it :pacifier: . Or is it me whose going mad ? please tell me ??????????? please.
I think I may well get banned if I say what I would say to his face if I saw him right now.

Guest tombcfc

Oh come on guys, this is getting ridiculous.

This is one of my first posts on here so I know I have no right to get on my high horse, but some of this criticism of Robbored is unjustified.

Firstly, he didn't go to Wembley to "see the sags get promoted", he went to Wembley to see them play in a final they could easily have lost. I myself would have had a broad grin if I had been there to see them after all they've said about getting promoted.

Secondly, even if he wanted the sags to do well does not make him less of a City fan. I'm all for the rivalry between clubs as it helps the competitiveness of football, but if it's turned into a barrage of abuse against a fellow City fan, it becomes stupid. After all, the rivalry is surely meant to benefit our club and improve our enjoyment!!!!! Some of the comments on this thread have been childish and abusive!! I say there's nothing wrong with City fans watching other teams to experience different stadiums, some people may even need to tick Morecombe's ground of their list of grounds visited, so another trip with the sags may be in order in a season or two!!! As long as they turn up at the gate next season I couldn't care less.

Lastly, before I turn everyone on this forum against me (I hope I don't do that just yet), I'd like to say good luck to Yeovil tomorrow... I'll win a pint off a mate if they win so COME ON YOU GLOVERS!!!!!

CHAMPIONSHIP

Edited by tombcfc

Guest DanC
I read the other day somewhere that each seat needs to be sold 21 times for them to make the 750m back. Although I'm sure the Fa only paid 350m for it so will only have to sale each seat 11 times.

RR...

You wanted a day out to see the New Wembley Stadium - most English people, sports fans or not, would have an interest in having a good look at the place. Fair enough.

Then you say (despite the fact that Rovers were playing) that as the match meant nothing to you, you couldnt care less who won.. implying your interest was purely in the stadium alone. (benefit of doubt -fair enough)

So why then later claim you wouldnt go to an England friendly there because to do so you would be attending a meaningless game, quote: ".... I went to Wembley to see the new stadium " .... surely attending a meaningless game or one where the result doesnt matter to you, would have suited your curiosity perfectly if your interest was only in seeing the New Wembley Stadium??

I'd love to go to Wembley to experience the place with either Bristol City or England - or maybe, just to have a look around visit the stadium on one of those Stadium Tours. ..... (or probably,if free, any competitive match as a neutral), BUT mates or no mates I couldnt go to a Bristol Rovers match with a load of Gasheads! even for free (or if they paid me).

To imply that the teams playing or the game being played (as long as its a meaningful one) is irrelevant IF your only interest was in the venue itself, is slightly odd given that the chosen game featured Bristol Rovers & that you happen to be chair of the Bristol City Supporters Club. (poor choice of neutral game, regardless of circumstances, for a City fan to pick)

I'm sure the New Wembley Stadium is an awe inspiring place to visit - a magnificent place, but I cant help thinking that if this was a couple of thousand years ago in Rome, despite the entertainment on show you would've accepted a freebie ticket claiming that your only interest was in experiencing the fantastic New Colisium, (ignoring the fact that Christians(among others) were being put to the lions! there)

BTW... these Gashead mates of yours worry me as well, - if Bristol City were playing a high profile game at Wembley & tickets were like gold-dust to get hold of, how bad would it be if a group of City fans with a spare ticket gave it to a Gashead in return for a favour, rather than to a genuine City fan who couldnt go because they couldnt get hold of a ticket?.... sounds to me to contradict the ethics expected of a Supporters Club Official & doesnt say much for the caring, sharing Family Club either!!

One more thing, I enjoy the banter & rivalry between City & the Gas, it adds tremendously to the enjoyment of being a football supporter in this great City of ours - something many other fans around the Country miss out on on a day to day basis... but I find the Pure Hatred ('hate' is a strong emotion & somewhat out of place in sport) displayed by some on both sides to be a little OTT, I just enjoy the banter & bragging rights associated with being a Bristol City fan that we (as the superior team in town) can partake of and get the better of the banter against our poor little rival Gasheads up the road 99.9% of the time!!.

(Come On You Reds!! ..anything They can do, We have already done better.. CHAMPIONSHIP!!) :)

ps, grudgingly- congrats to the Sags, (I suppose) ..... & Good Luck to Yeovil Town later on,

(good to see the West Country being so successful this year... (naturally Bristol City tops the achievement list -as always!) ... its gotta be good for the region as a whole & may benefit us all in helping to attract new signings to the area in future if the West Country at long last begins to be viewed as more than a 'footballing backwater'.

Edited by WhistleHappy

If any of you went to the JPT away game then you would understand why.

That is a very true.

am not a SC member so I am an outsider so to speak. I do think Robbored is very naive in this post.

From a purely personal view, I could not go with my gashead mates to watch them in a game (home, away or wembley), and I have lots more gashead mates than city!

They offered me a ticket as long as I drove them to and from Wembley in thier own mini-bus. I obliged.

Order. My name is Judge Roughneck, and I will not tolerate any disobedience in my court room.

Robbored, you have been brought in front of me and charged with being a sagheads GIMP.

I have come to one conclusion, to voice an issue of NO CONFIDENCE in you.

Take him away.

Guest Red Head
You are NO CITY :yes::yes::yes: ,I would not dream of watching THEM :noexpression: even in my back garden. GO AWAY YOU ARE NOT WANTED. :ranting: BASICALLY....... :shutup: OFF.

Agree with you mate, what a kn ob, how high and mighty you think you must be, coming on here and saying what a great day you had watching the scum, mixing with all that blue and white shite!

Any self-respecting fan would vomit and run all the way back to Ashton. Leave.

A very condecending post RR.

I live with 2 Sags and they both went yesterday, and when they were getting the tickets they (jokingly) asked if they should get me one. They then burst out laughing when I replied with an instant "get forked".

You see RR, even most Rovers fans wouldnt expect a City fan to go to watch them wherever the game is played.

I can understand your remarks about the hatred (although thats too strong a word to use for most fans), but even a dislike for the blue few, merits a boycott of any of their games IMO.

When it comes to throwing bait, Robbored is a killer, gets an orange high reply thread going every time with this sort of thread.

As usual the normal suspects jump in and commit suicide. Well done RR another kill.

Guest Rodney

I'm proud to announce I have no gas mates, people I know but you can't call them mates - it's the law!

And you thought 'Conference Manager' would come back to haunt you Robbored? Oh boy!

1. You went to a Rovers game (there is NO excuse for this... NONE!). The only thing that might go in your favour is if you wore your City shirt? Hm?!

2. You (as president of the SUPPORTERS club) don't seem to understand the concept of football rivalry. You're confused as to why people are upset?

3. You cannot spell Neanderthal. No problem in normal circumstances but when you're trying to call other people stupid, some level of self respect would dictate that you get that right no?

4. You don't have the polictical nous to keep your dirty secret quiet and in fact, post said dirty secret on a City forum? Huh? PRESIDENT of the supporters club?! :blink:

Now... where is that ignore button... :redcard:

Guest citynut54

Never went to the old Wembley until City got there in 86 and wont go to the new one till City get there !

The buzz for me is not a pile of bricks and a patch of grass but seeing MY TEAM in that 'pile of bricks' playing on that 'patch of grass'

Hopefully next season playing in the 'sixty million pound' game !!

When it comes to throwing bait, Robbored is a killer, gets an orange high reply thread going every time with this sort of thread.

As usual the normal suspects jump in and commit suicide. Well done RR another kill.

Cheers!

Works every time.You'd think they would have learnt by now.

It all started years ago when I used to course fish.I caught the same tench about 6 times in one summer.I knew because it had a torn rear fin and was very distinct.

Ever since then.... :thumbsup:

I'm sure many have friends or family who are supporters from the darkside, I do.

The difference is I would not of been seen anywhere near thoses pikey inbreds yesterday, just to make matters worse you've now told us you also taxied them to and from the game :blink:

Each to there own but I can't understand why a City fan would want to go an watch our city rivals get promoted ? I know you say about the stadium but that just isnt reason enough for me!!

Guest Red Head
Cheers!

It all started years ago when I used to course fish.I caught the same tench about 6 times in one summer.I knew because it had a torn rear fin and was very distinct.

So it was a wind up? If I was thinking of joining your SC there is no way on earth I would now. If I was in the SC I would cancel immediately.

To all the people in the SC, this is the head of a so say respected organisation, what a credit he is to you!

Each to there own but I can't understand why a City fan would want to go an watch our city rivals get promoted ? I know you say about the stadium but that just isnt reason enough for me!!

The gas could have lost the game and then I would have seen them fail and you and your ilk would be less aggressive in your critism of me.

But your're right - each to his own and who are you to judge whether what others choose to do is right or wrong.

Cheers!

Nice try but we all know you went.

So it was a wind up? If I was thinking of joining your SC there is no way on earth I would now. If I was in the SC I would cancel immediately.

To all the people in the SC, this is the head of a so say respected organisation, what a credit he is to you!

Ha ha.... :rofl2br:

I knew when I posted this thread that I would get lots of stick.....but its the close season and imo the forum needed livening up.