IGNORED

Is Signing Scott A Mistake

compostcorner

how many players go back to clubs where they have done well, and made a mess of it 2nd time round. scott had one really good season with city, and then other teams found him out, i can tell you exactly what will happen, tinnion will get the ball and spray a 45 yard diagonal ball to murray, other teams know this as well, so stick a man on tinnion and murray doesnt get the ball. scott must have lost a lot of confidence this season all ready, and i dont think goodfellow will be impressed either. i"m not saying wether its a good move or bad, but some people seem to expect him to be the same player as he was before, and i doubt that very much.

Teams tried to man mark Tins and Scotty last season without much success. If teams start putting two men on scotty like they did also last season, see how that opens up play in other departments. This is the main reason why we cannot break teams down at the moment. How many shots have there been on target in the last few games. You can count them on one hand. I for one am now more optimistic.

Guest comeonyoureds

even if he isnt quite the same player as he was last year, one thing is for sure that he will give the whole club a lift! everyone connected to the club is pleased he's back, and hopefully it will now give everyone the confidence to push on till the end of the season and get where we wana be going!

last night like the majority i thought the season was falling away yet again, but today beyond all expectation there is now hope yet again! if there is any pressure on scott I'm sure he can take it! he loves this club and will gove 100% all the way which is what we want from the players, his influence may rub off on the other players as well!

i cant see a downside to him coming back! after how things have been going lately he is what city need, things can only get better from here!!!

COME ON YOOOOOU REDS!!!! lets show those pasty munchers and queers from the park that city aint finished yet!

Lets put it this way...

Even when everything was going Ok at Reading,Murray still came back to "The Gate" when he could.

As soon as he puts on that red shirt I guarantee he will be "buzzing" and determined to carry on where he left off.

Not sure it was a mistake to sign him as its sure to give the majority of the club a lift, some may be a bit put out but thats life. I hope he doesn't carry on where he left off as his last couple of months with City were absolute dross. As someone rightly pointed out I think other teams just sussed him. One burning question, If Scott was/is the best player we have we will surely struggle next season if we are promoted, remember he has failed to hack it twice in the first division now.

And before BristolBoy sends me another pathetic message, grow up

how many players go back to clubs where they have done well, and made a mess of it 2nd time round.

This happened to City back in the early 90s. We sold Mark Gavin to Watford after he had an outstanding season for us. The move didnt work out and the following season Gavin was back at the Gate, but he was never the same player.

However I am confident Scotty will be a success for us again.

We have to make sure that we dont rely on him too much. Last season we were too predictable. If teams man-marked Scotty out of the game we were short of other ideas.

We need to use both flanks. When we got promotion in 89/90 we had two flying wingers in Gavin and Dave Smith, and opposing teams couldnt cope.

Welcome back Scotty and thanks SL!

Don't know how far you go back Compost but Chris Garland and Tom Ritchie both made successful returns to City.

It doesn't always come off, but hopefully the passion and support cascading out of the stands will see Scotty flying just like before. :ph34r:

how many players go back to clubs where they have done well, and made a mess of it 2nd time round. scott had one really good season with city, and then other teams found him out, i can tell you exactly what will happen, tinnion will get the ball and spray a 45 yard diagonal ball to murray, other teams know this as well, so stick a man on tinnion and murray doesnt get the ball. scott must have lost a lot of confidence this season all ready, and i dont think goodfellow will be impressed either. i"m not saying wether its a good move or bad, but some people seem to expect him to be the same player as he was before, and i doubt that very much.
i remember howard pitchard another right winger, he left us to

go to swindle pig town but came back to us just as good..

murray will come back for us even stronger :ph34r:

Archived