IGNORED

City Put Blades To The Sword

edson

Good report - but I would say that Orr deserved an 8 or 9 for his game.

I think he has had a very consistent season so far and today was his best performance - I really couldn't fault him.

But what the ###### what a great result and even better in the manner in which it was achieved - we bossed it.

That was the real City.

You're probably right, but he came off midway through the second half, so I didn't feel I could mark him that highly. Maybe a bit harsh, but that was my thinking.

You're probably right, but he came off midway through the second half, so I didn't feel I could mark him that highly. Maybe a bit harsh, but that was my thinking.

I guess we can all argue til the cows come home about these subjective scores, but LG getting the lowest score? I think he's been a bit pants recently but today was sublime. He, Noble and Elliot make a fantastic spine.

Bristol City Net Centre match report and photos here:

City Put Blades To The Sword

I have to say, we looked Championship quality today, and seeing Robson's face was very pleasing. He really can make a sow's ear out of a silk purse.

How the hell can you give Lee J a six???? Lee Trundle a got a six and he played about 15 mins and didn't do much!! I thought lLee had a good game and was a 7 at least.

Some people have it for that guy :disapointed2se:

How the hell can you give Lee J a six???? Lee Trundle a got a six and he played about 15 mins and didn't do much!! I thought lLee had a good game and was a 7 at least.

Some people have it for that guy :disapointed2se:

I'm sure some people do. I don't.

I just didn't think he shone particularly compared with others in the team. Not to say he was poor or that I don't think 's a good player, just that today I didn't feel his performance warranted much more.

The marks are only a bit of fun anyway. I certainly do not have it in for him at all.

I just didn't think he shone particularly compared with others in the team. Not to say he was poor or that I don't think 's a good player, just that today I didn't feel his performance warranted much more.

The marks are only a bit of fun anyway. I certainly do not have it in for him at all.

Sorry Edson, didn't mean you mate :innocent06:

I thought he had a good game

I think it was the sort of game that I wanted from Lee J. He passed simply and quickly and maintained the tempo. There was minimal long passes and took a lot of pressure off the back four by accepting short ball.

The tempo was soo important against a team that wanted to sit back and get behind the ball and he was intergral to this.

But everyone played well and it was a fantastic result.

I too am amazed by the stick Lee J gets.

For weeks some people have been moaning about him trying too many ambitious "Hollywood passes". Yesterday the whole team clearly had a ball retention strategy, which meant keeping possession for longer, being more patient & waiting longer for the moment to break through. Obviously this means more short easy passes in the meantime.

And the reaction is? Lee J is given a 6 because everything he did was easy! Can't win can he? Personally I thought he (and almost everyone else) was excellent, as a team effort. Virtually no weak links, and giving one of the central midfield 10 and the other 6 is just crass favouritism, sorry.

"Johnson had an easy game today, collecting the short pass and then playing the short pass etc etc.

" Isn't that what football is all about? How many times have we cried out for the easy pass to be made. All the best players and teams, play it simply. The easy pass is often the hardest to play.

I thought Lee Johnson was excellent and the way that he and David Noble worked together with Marvin tidying up was fantastic. I watched the game on the TV when I got home and I honestly think the whole team performed brilliantly. Lee and Marvin totally shut out Tonge. Out of interest, as it is such an easy job can I ask which team in the Championship you play for?

I assume you mean LJ ?

It's always easier naming the player rather than initials.

Johnson had an easy game today, collecting the short pass and then playing the short pass etc etc.

Not exactly an arduous game and I didn't see him making any defence splitting passes or creating a great deal. He was a link up up player today which is an easy job compared with some others.

He did it fine, but it is an easy job.

Good response. Had me laughing and wishing Id typed something else.

I agree it is all about opinions which is what makes the forum what it is. Unfortunately, I just feel at times that Johnson can never do any right for some, even when he does the job expected. Fair play for the come back.

Perhaps I came over as being overly critical of Lee Johnson, but it wasn't meant that way. I think he has a much easier job when we play that formation - and he does it well.

I didn't know that we had to be championship players to have opinions - who do you play for ?

Guest CGS RED
He was without Kidd and looked a very forlorn and disconsolate figure. :rofl2br:

PS tell me why Mr Jefferies - our Cotham Grammar English Literature teacher - would never award me any more than a grade 'D' for my diatribe. :innocent06:

Its the mid 1950's since my English Literature at CGS, but your D's may well be due to Mr Jefferies forseeing your affinity to Subcider and Cromwell.

Archived