IGNORED

Hooligan Table 2006/2007

Abraham Romanovich

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/20...89520-19975578/

Just seen the attached link in the Daily Mirror, so it must be true. :disapointed2se:

We made the playoff whist Rovers gained automatic protion.

On a serious note just over one arrest a game represents a minute percentage but on the other hand 51 arrests is far more than I would have said.

As cider head pointed out in this thread, arrests does not mean offences. I'd be interested to know how many of those arrests resulted in charges let alone convictions.

51 arrests when total attendance over the season by city fans was probably 300,000 or so is a really tiny fraction but it's still 51 too many.

As cider head pointed out in this thread, arrests does not mean offences. I'd be interested to know how many of those arrests resulted in charges let alone convictions.

51 arrests when total attendance over the season by city fans was probably 300,000 or so is a really tiny fraction but it's still 51 too many.

And as it's also obvious, just because you haven't been arrested doesn't mean you've not committed a crime.

I wonder what % of those arrested go in the east end? :fish:

Guest CiderMeUp

Not really a surprise, all the bigger clubs & obvious teams in each league have more arrests which is expected!

Football violence these days is pretty rare & its easy to predict which games may inviolve trouble & easy to avoid.

It's been pretty quiet for us this season (so far) but its pretty clear there are fixtures to come which will no doubt involve some disorder!

Guest jimmy ateyo
Not really a surprise, all the bigger clubs & obvious teams in each league have more arrests which is expected!

Football violence these days is pretty rare & its easy to predict which games may inviolve trouble & easy to avoid.

It's been pretty quiet for us this season (so far) but its pretty clear there are fixtures to come which will no doubt involve some disorder!

i wonder who the 1 mk dons fan is ?

Very good point but I also think these figures are misleading. Police have been ridiculously over the top since the start of last season, which probably explains a rise in our figures.

How things like 'swearing' constitute a public order offence in this day and age is absolute lunacy but I suppose that's how the Government justify not catching the real crooks and still say that crime is falling! I fail to see how that sort of offence falls under the same 'hooligan' umbrella personally.

On another note, I got back from Moscow last night watching England and they have a real hooligan problem. Men, women and children being openly attacked left right and centre and the Police barely do anything.

this chart means nothing unless the number of arrests are taken as a percentage of attendances .

only figures i could find were average home attendances. . so multiplying those out you get the following over the season

man utd .... 1,587,432 attended home games .. 192 arrested = average 0.00012%

city ..... 342,355 attended home games .. 51 arrested = average 0.00014%

cardiff ...... 336,260 attended home games .. 89 arrested = average 0.00026%

colchester ........ 118,749 attended home games .. 9 arrested = average 0.00008

so the problem is twice as bad in cardiff as it is at city or man utd.

now why am i not surprised at those figures

:englandsmile4wf:

this chart means nothing unless the number of arrests are taken as a percentage of attendances .

only figures i could find were average home attendances. . so multiplying those out you get the following over the season

man utd .... 1,587,432 attended home games .. 192 arrested = average 0.00012%

city ..... 342,355 attended home games .. 51 arrested = average 0.00014%

cardiff ...... 336,260 attended home games .. 89 arrested = average 0.00026%

colchester ........ 118,749 attended home games .. 9 arrested = average 0.00008

so the problem is twice as bad in cardiff as it is at city or man utd.

now why am i not surprised at those figures

:englandsmile4wf:

Surely you have to account for away games too. You are spot on about the percentage issue though. You really expect a paper like the DM to publish something like that though? :disapointed2se:

Just proves the East-End is bad for the image of the club.

yes bomb it and merge with milton keynes or boston

that will improve our image

may be we could also get trinny and Susannah in to do a complete image overall

gound force could have a go at the pitch, put some nice decking in around one of the goals

Dr Gillian McKeith could attach one of her pipes up sexy's backside and investigate the workings of his digestive system

Guest Redbarn
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/20...89520-19975578/

Just seen the attached link in the Daily Mirror, so it must be true. :disapointed2se:

We made the playoff whist Rovers gained automatic protion.

On a serious note just over one arrest a game represents a minute percentage but on the other hand 51 arrests is far more than I would have said.

51 pales into insignificance when I compare the number of arrests now with say, arrest statistics in the 1970's, when the East End and it's nastier elements had their hey-day.

There were, probably, on occasions as many as 50+ arrests, with matchday visits of Rovers, Baardiff and Swindle, I recall one visit from Birmingham City back then, particularly, that was a pretty violent affair.

Of course in those days there was no permenant police office and the only surveilance was a plod with a pair of binoculars. :dunno:

51 pales into insignificance when I compare the number of arrests now with say, arrest statistics in the 1970's, when the East End and it's nastier elements had their hey-day.

There were, probably, on occasions as many as 50+ arrests, with matchday visits of Rovers, Baardiff and Swindle, I recall one visit from Birmingham City back then, particularly, that was a pretty violent affair.

Of course in those days there was no permenant police office and the only surveilance was a plod with a pair of binoculars. :dunno:

It was certainly common for arrest figures of City fans to regularly be in double figures for home First Division matches with 20+ ejections added in for good measure.

Looking over from the East End there was often police activity in the Park End with people being dragged into the dividing aisle and wrestled away in front of the crowd. Then there were the mass brawls in the open section of the East End when Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Man.Utd. and others made a concerted effort to "take it", and City fans were massed in eager anticipation.

Move on a decade and Dolman A and B Blocks attracted regular police attention and not many "big" matches passed without a stream of fans being removed.

Much quieter these days, even though reports on here and things you hear indicate the tolerance level for acceptable behaviour has decreased and it seems to be far easier to get arrested at a football match now than it was then.

Guest Wally Street
That report is absolutely disgraceful and shows how low the Daily Mirror as a newspaper has sunk with their ethical and moral standards. While the fox and stag hunting toffs and snobs continue to blight our countryside by hunting down our wildlife with vicious packs of dogs with impunity the Daily Mirror choose to highlight football arrests.

It's about time our hopelessly corrupt criminal justice system tried pulling their reputation up from the mire by arresting and prosecuting the toffs and snobs that are still holding illegal fox and stag hunts. As you look at this picture of a fox being fought over and torn apart by these dogs think of the toff snob scummers that are escaping prosecution while our fellow football supporters continue to be persecuted for the most minor misdemeanors at football matches.......

fox-hunt-05.jpg

What the **** has that got to do with football.

You have to be impressed by the low figues. They must have a good atmosphere at the ground where you wouldn't hesitate to take your kids.

Though I am astounded by Portsmouth at only 27 when they're an out-and-out bunch of thugs. I think a nought has been missed off.

Overalll it's meaningless without better analysis. A lot of the figures for the lower leagues depend on the attitude of the police officer in charge at the ground.

Are you serious?

Course I'm not you dohnut :) But we get treated like thugs. Cameras in our faces for ninety minutes. Pictues of us getting taken. Being viewed on the CCTV for the whole game, just waiting for something to happen. Beyond a joke. Still be in there on wednesday thought. :englandsmile4wf:

Course I'm not you dohnut :) But we get treated like thugs. Cameras in our faces for ninety minutes. Pictues of us getting taken. Being viewed on the CCTV for the whole game, just waiting for something to happen. Beyond a joke. Still be in there on wednesday thought. :englandsmile4wf:

sad thing is that's what some people think though, they'd rather we did a few "briiissttolll" chants a la the rugger buggers or behave like the green and white painted faced, jester hat wearing goons at yeovil, rather than preserve our traditions and identity.

Archived