IGNORED

Roberts - A Revelation

Robbored

He was awesome today.Constantly harrassing the QPR defence with his pace and "never say die" attitude and he well deserved his goal.It may have been his best performance in a City shirt and just shows what he's capable of when given the licence to roam around the front line.

I was suprised when Wilson took him off with 10 mins left but I bet the QPR defenders were glad to see him go and Miller at least gave them something different to think about.

The standing ovation he recieved was good to see, considering how much stick he's taken in the past.

He must start at Swindon next week.

Guest nickD

Roberts has been the player who's constantly frustrated me all season - purely cos he either looks half arsed or seems to have no skill at all. Today was the Chris Roberts that he can and should be (I wonder if he'd be like that week in week out if he was at Baadiff?). I say that his best place is upfront, not stuck on the wing. He no longer looks like a lost lamb!

I've always said he should be up front, it's nice to be proven right for once :dunno:

The best part of it for me is that it shut up the bloke behind me who constantly shouts "**** off Roberts you Welsh ****", Williams D block around row J :)

He was awesome today.Constantly harrassing the QPR defence with his pace and "never say die" attitude and he well deserved his goal.It may have been his best performance in a City shirt and just shows what he's capable of when given the licence to roam around the front line.

I was suprised when Wilson took him off with 10 mins left but I bet the QPR defenders were glad to see him go and Miller at least gave them something different to think about.

The standing ovation he recieved was good to see, considering how much stick he's taken in the past.

Steve Phillps deserves many a pint tonight, seemed to command his line well but had little else to do.. but QPR would always get ONE chance and he pulled off a QUALITY save that could be the difference come the end of the season.

Well done all players today, everyone a star..

Can't disagree with either of those comments. I thought the whole team played well today. If we can keep that level of performance up then promotion for us it shall be.

Roberts was quality today, really good to see him getting a chance and playing well. He and Peacock worked really hard all game.

Enjoy the result - the team played like they meant it today and everyone of them deserves praise.

Phillips save was excellent, just seen it again on Sky.

Has Bell been to crossing school, OK we scored from a low Murray cross but I thought Bell put in a number of quality crosses.

Good few bits of Murray skill showed, also thought Carey had a good game, I'm no fan of his but he was beating defenders for fun.

Has Bell been to crossing school, OK we scored from a low Murray cross but I thought Bell put in a number of quality crosses.

Good few bits of Murray skill showed, also thought Carey had a good game, I'm no fan of his but he was beating defenders for fun.

He could teach a few others about crossing the ball.

I reckon he is the best crosser of the ball at the club.

Guest comeonyoureds

thought roberts was excellant as well, easily the best i can remember him playing for a long time! his effort can not be questioned today, it was first class!

I'm pleased for him as hopefully it'll give him the confidence to do the same every week, which can only be good for the club!

bring on the swinedon :dunno:

Guest millersgal10

i agree, i thought the whole team played wel together, and thought philips save was awesome! i thought roberts played wel together with murray and peacock and it should happen mor often. i say play the same squad for swindon! :dunno: haha thorpe and holloway!

Guest citygal17

i think roberts was amazing today it will shut those robbo h8ers up. I get really annoyed when people always have 2 moan at roberts 4 stupid things. I think he needs to lern how 2 hold the ball up though.long enough to bring others into the game and when he has the ball,he needs to look up and find a team mate more often wit the final ball. but he stil had a great game today and d4eserved to b man of the match!

Excellent performance from everyone in a red shirt today, but yes Roberts stood out the most. Presumably Wilson took him off because he looked absolutely knackered!!

He should have been playing as a striker all season as far as I'm concerned anyway.

He was fantastic today. Deserved his standing ovation when he came off , maybe this will get people off his backs ,the bloke behind me even said he was good today!! Peacock worked his socks off today and played well , belly was also pretty good i thought and put in some decent crosses , we should definately start with the same team at swindon , although why wasnt goodfellow even on the bench??? :dunno:

• Admin
Roberts has been the player who's constantly frustrated me all season - purely cos he either looks half arsed or seems to have no skill at all. Today was the Chris Roberts that he can and should be (I wonder if he'd be like that week in week out if he was at Baadiff?). I say that his best place is upfront, not stuck on the wing. He no longer looks like a lost lamb!
I wonder if he'd be like that week in week out if he was supported by City fans as he was today instead of abused every time he steps on the pitch by the vocal minority.

now, i know i may get slated or laughed at behind my back but my MOM goes to....

PEACOCK

I thought he was outstanding, gave his all the full 90 and chased absolutely everything! He made me proud!

But i thought the whole team played a blinder, but i have my doubts about mickey bell - he seems to take 30 mins to catch up with the pace of the game.

Still over the moon we won, but i have to say thankyou to Philips for that save, and to the Doc for showing QPR what a midfielder should do... he was class!

P.S: Thought the whole ground was loud as ######!

Guest malaggro

Nice that as we left Wedlocks (post match pint), Roberts was just leaving the Gate in his motor, drivers window down and punching the air.

He might play Mr Cool on the pitch with limited celebration but showed it another way later.

Fair play to him. Top Goal and a great game.

Well done Robbo. :D

Roberts certainly showed what he can do- but my MOM would have been Peacock who ran himself into the ground, caused QPR heaps of problems and but for a great save would have set up Roberts for the first goal.

But Scott's return was the real difference in the team today- he was always reayd to recieve the ball anda constant threat, which also meant there was more room on the left for Bell and space for Carey to move forward into.

All round a great day- roll on Swindle

Guest cidergeorge
thought roberts was excellant as well, easily the best i can remember him playing for a long time! his effort can not be questioned today, it was first class!

I'm pleased for him as hopefully it'll give him the confidence to do the same every week, which can only be good for the club!

Gotta say he was easily best player at Tranmere and Vale as well. Well done Chrissy you deserved your goal, go get some more lad.

Guest graham b

Absolutely Robbored. Seeing Wilson has made numerous attempts to replace him upfront and now also on the wing, all credit must be given to him for bouncing back with a display like yesterdays.

However not everybody agrees with us. Walking back across the Granville Smyth park talking to Green Un (makes a change as he's normally talking to Geoff Twentyman!), we were talking about the match and Roberts' display, agreeing that he was MOTM when the bloke in front turned and asked how we could say Roberts had played well.

After some further comments he decided that he must have been watching a different game to us! We agreed and I added that if he didn't start from a biased viewpoint he could possibly watch the same one. This had an amazing reaction as not only did it apparently silence the fellow in front but it also did the impossible and silenced the Green Un (Sorry Mark!)

My feeling are that the inclusion of Murray on the right does so much for us attacking wise. Everybody knows the way he plays and both Roberts and Peacock know that he is ready and able to support them. It was also nice to observe the hug that Murray gave to Thorpe at the end of the match. That goes someway in my mind to showing that Thorpe was not the unpopular player in the dressing room that he is so often portrayed!

Archived