IGNORED

Jevons

Guest redrebel

Guest redrebel

I wondered what people thought about Jeavons not being given a chance up front.I had the DVD bought for me of last season at the weekend and forgot how many goals he got and some were very good.It strikes me as strange that GJ has repeatedly said about giving the players who got us up a chance but it seems that this doesn't apply to our Phil.

I'm really not sure why he didn't get a few games at the start of the season. We're not exactly flush full of scoring forwards.

FFS! 'I'm really not sure why he didn't get a few games at the start of the season'

Jevons spent the end of last season on the bench despite being the leading goalscorer.If he couldn't hold down a starting place in the first division do really think he should have started in the CCC?

seems like he did alright on saturday,

started on the bench and came on after 65,

The new man would have made a brilliant first impression if his overhead kick had leveled the game with 20 minutes remaining, but his effort from a Kamara cross went just wide of the Orient left-hand post.

By this stage of the game, Orient had lost all attacking threat and the apparent policy when playing the ball into the Town half was 'anywhere will do'. One such clearance fell to Ronnie Wallwork and he played Jevons in on goal, but the ball skidded off the wet turf and the loan man screwed his left-foot shot wide.

Jevons had shown real talent in his brief appearance and his excellent technique allowed him to connect brilliantly with another let-wing Cadamarteri cross, but his effort looped just over the bar and hit the top of the net.

Jevons spent the end of last season on the bench despite being the leading goalscorer.If he couldn't hold down a starting place in the first division do really think he should have started in the CCC?

I was also quite surprised he didn't get a few games at the start of this season. I thought he would have worked well with Trundle and could have developed a good understanding.

I agree he wasn't playing brilliantly towards the end of last season, which was why he was dropped. But other players weren't playing brilliantly at the end of last season or the start of this one, that didn't or haven't been dropped.

And I thought to score the number of goals he did last season, cosidering the number of games he played, was pretty good. (15 from 37 starts is nearly 1 in every 2 games - what a striker usually aims for).

FFS! 'I'm really not sure why he didn't get a few games at the start of the season'

Yes.

Brooker, Enoch and Noble were all injured at the start of the season. Not really a shock in any of their cases.

I would have expected Jevons and Trundle to start given Jevons' 20+ goals last season and Trundle's fee with the less prepared Byfield on the bench to fight to push one of them out of the side (and if Jevons had been poor it would have been him).

Instead we played Murray up front until Sproule's ban was over and then Sproule up front next to Trundle. Neither worked and it was bloody obvious that would be the case from day one yet we persisted with it instead of playing someone in their natural position. It seemed very strange to me.

Every player can have a dip in form and find himself on the bench, so I'm not sure your point is completely relevant

However it is obvious the manager (as he has been consistently overlooked and sent on loan at a time when our forward line looked to need a bit of a lift ) and many fans don't think the boy is good enough.

The only way to know is to give him a couple of games

and our million pound showboater (Who has still to prove he can do it at this level) has started 14 games scored 3; Jevons started once scored twice; and for that Jevons gets ignored and the other one gets picked almost every game :dunno::disapointed2se:

BRING BACK JEVONS, GET BROOKER AMONGST THEM.

I'm not surprised he hasn't been given a chance.....YET! We have been in a rich vien of form.

What I am surprised about is him going out on loan at the time when goals have started drying up and we need a breath of fresh air and a striker who has proved he can score a goal or two.

But, with him finishing the season on the bench and not even getting a sniff this season seems that GJ and him have had a dose of the Marcus Stewarts where they have had a word or two and GJ has left him out as punishment.

It's happened before with this player hasn't it, or am I wrong? Either way, thats how I see it.

MM

and our million pound showboater (Who has still to prove he can do it at this level) has started 14 games scored 3; Jevons started once scored twice; and for that Jevons gets ignored and the other one gets picked almost every game :dunno::disapointed2se:

BRING BACK JEVONS, GET BROOKER AMONGST THEM.

yeah, but Jevons goals were in the Cup, and as we have been told many times before, Cup goals don't actually count........ :noexpression:

in fairness though, those 2 were against League 2 Brentford

Exactly what I posted on one of the numerous other threads about Jevons.

How can people be surprised he hasn't played? Johnson had already lost patience with him before the end of last season at a lower level. I understand people are desperate because we currently look so lacklustre up front but we've all seen what Jevons can do (or not!) many times before! In our heart's we already know he isn't the answer.

There is no point going back over old ground.

Nor do penalties either apparantly :whistle2:

You miss the point time and time again. Of course penalties count but they hardly make Jevons a good striker do they? He only scored about 10 goals from open play last season- hardly a decent record for our main striker in a promotion winning season.

But I do agree that he should be given some sort of chance. I don't rate him at all myself but sometimes player prove you wrong. I'm just suprised he has been frozen out completely as a Johnson signing.

You miss the point time and time again. Of course penalties count but they hardly make Jevons a good striker do they? He only scored about 10 goals from open play last season- hardly a decent record for our main striker in a promotion winning season.

But I do agree that he should be given some sort of chance. I don't rate him at all myself but sometimes player prove you wrong. I'm just suprised he has been frozen out completely as a Johnson signing.

That's what you say and your quite right. But others totally dismiss penalties by saying "anyone can score them". Can they? Bradley Orr nearly didnt against Yeovil last season. Whether they make hima good striker or not i don't know, but it proves that he has good finishing ability.

He should be given a chance. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Such as with Keogh?

Taking penaltys is more about nerve and composure rather then being a good finisher, IMO most professional players should have the ability to score from a dead ball 12 yards from the goal.

Many fail due to nerves and not being able to deal with the moment, Lita was a fantastic finisher so was Cole but I remember both of those missing penaltys.

Looks like Jevo has had his time here,also Keogh how many times out on loan until finally he fizzles out. Skuse on sat didn't work not his fault,have grave doubts over McCombe at this level. Surely Jevo deserves a place on the bench at least,no goals for 3 games and a tired looking front line unless Enoch goe's on a purple patch it don't look good. :surrender:

That's what you say and your quite right. But others totally dismiss penalties by saying "anyone can score them". Can they? Bradley Orr nearly didnt against Yeovil last season. Whether they make hima good striker or not i don't know, but it proves that he has good finishing ability.

He should be given a chance. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Such as with Keogh?

I wouldn't say it proves he has good finishing ability- I'm more interested in how he finishes off a real chance and not a penalty.

And we do know what is going on with Keogh. He didn't sign a contract therfore was frozen out. Jevons isn't a game and isn't happy- don't think there is anything sinister there.

I wondered what people thought about Jeavons not being given a chance up front.I had the DVD bought for me of last season at the weekend and forgot how many goals he got and some were very good.It strikes me as strange that GJ has repeatedly said about giving the players who got us up a chance but it seems that this doesn't apply to our Phil.

Play Jevons against Watford, and then play Brooker alongside him when fit...

If we play every game as a Cup Match (being an old-school League One outfit), then we might just pull off a fair few Results, that see us almost to the point of safety, by the time the new year comes... :fingerscrossed:

Despite the main site saying Mr jevons has been denied permission to play for Huddersfield in the Cup...The Sporting Life has said that City have had a change of heart and he can now play...If this is correct the I would contend that PJ's days are numbered as a City player.

Archived