IGNORED

Have All The Pubs In Swindon Been Closed

Guest SwindonBob
hope not, as I'm gona be in swindle for 10.20! half to go to the off license, and find a park bench! :D
I can assure that all pubs will be open as it will be their busiest Saturday this season. What is more likely is that most if not all will not be accomodating your supporters.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Last time I went there was one pub open. My advice is to have a few drinks in Bristol before you go.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Dunno the old bill marched us there from the station. It was near the station and on way too the ground. Landlady a City fan or something. Far too small for the amount of people.

• Admin

Was that last year or the year before? If it was the year before, I have a feeling that one's been knocked down now. Last year, we were advised by Police that the only one letting in away fans was the Bulldog, which is a good 20 min walk from the station, so we jumped in a cab.

Guest SwindonBob
Bob

Do you know if any pubs will be accomodating City Fans on Saturday?

The only ones I know mate are:

The Bulldog (Queens Drive)

The Merlin (used to be The Oxford, Drove Road)

The Grove (Drove Road)

Swiss Chalet (Gorse Hill)

Same as all away games I would imagine. Best bet is to avoid trying to enter pubs in large groups all wearing City shirts!

The Town Centre has loads of pubs and is only about 10 min walk from the ground or 5 mins from the station. Improve your chances by getting there early. Most pubs will be open from 11, some 12.

Most Swindon fans are friendly (as i'm sure most City fans our too) and we enjoyed the banter with you guys last season in the Swiss Chalet. Lets hope the idiots stay at home.

One last thing, stay away from The County Ground Hotel. Its the hang out for the local hooligans!

Guest Kojak

excuse me Bob, I drink in the CGH on match days and I can assure you that it's not full of "hooligans"

I do agree however that the City should stay away as it's best not to provoke any trouble anyway, although only the recognised faces will get in there on the day anyway.

Archived