IGNORED

A Hard Month

Riaz

we seem to raise our games against the higher teams

in the league we've beaten and remain un-beaten against the other teams in the top 6:

Plymouth W 1-0, QPR D 1-1 & W 1-0, Swindon W 2-1, Brighton W 4-1, Bournemouth D 1-1 & W 2-0.

Quite Impressive if you look at it like like this?!

Guest citygal17

It does seem good! but we have to keep it up this month and it will be hard but i think we can do it

HEY DIV. 1!!!!!!!!!!!

So what is going on when it comes to consistency against the bottom teams?

Do the boys simply not bother? After goddamn how many years of this, don't they learn not to lower their game?

Is it a human trait that can't be overcome?

Genuinely don't know - any opinions?

We think it's tough, but the oppos can't be looking forward to playing A Bristol City team that regained it's form!!
rrrriiiiggghhhtttt.....

Ok I'm as happy as everyone about Saturday, but i cant see how we have regained our form..

Lets just hope our run of 1 carries on against Swinetown

So what is going on when it comes to consistency against the bottom teams?

Do the boys simply not bother? After goddamn how many years of this, don't they learn not to lower their game?

Is it a human trait that can't be overcome?

Genuinely don't know - any opinions?

I'm sure they do bother and I guess it simply cannot be a deliberate thing :D after all why would any of them turn up to play badly???

Maybe try and liken it to something in your own work life - think about it, do you always achieve the same level of performance, do you always do well at what you try..................? Or are there times when performance dips (often without any real explanation) or when you try something and it doesn't quite work or come off in the way you expected (so you give up and never try it again, or do you keep trying until you get it right)?

You cannot put 110% effort in all the time at work, it is impossible to sustain day in day out, week in week out. There will always be dips and lulls in effort and performance.

That doesn't excuse it, but I think it makes it more understandable.

And when everyone at work has a bad day at the same time, imagine what it would be like (Oldham at AG)! :D

True. But these are professional footballers who typically have a week between each game to restock and rebuild any energy levels.

Even more, if you consider squad rotation (unless you're Lee P or Steve P).

Personally, when my output is highly visible I put even more effort in...

Perhaps a week in a builders yard would do them no harm? :D

Aaaanyway, good thing April is full of big games!!

Let's hope the quality of play we saw on Saturday continues....

I'm sure they do bother and I guess it simply cannot be a deliberate thing :D after all why would any of them turn up to play badly???

Maybe try and liken it to something in your own work life - think about it, do you always achieve the same level of performance, do you always do well at what you try..................? Or are there times when performance dips (often without any real explanation) or when you try something and it doesn't quite work or come off in the way you expected (so you give up and never try it again, or do you keep trying until you get it right)?

You cannot put 110% effort in all the time at work, it is impossible to sustain day in day out, week in week out. There will always be dips and lulls in effort and performance.

That doesn't excuse it, but I think it makes it more understandable.

And when everyone at work has a bad day at the same time, imagine what it would be like (Oldham at AG)! :D

I think bobby has a partially valid point but I don't entirely agree with her.

Whilst peaks and troughs are to be expected, performances like we witnessed against Oldham are inexcusable. Indeed, Oldham is not a one-off example. There have been many other such troughs of late.

To continue bobby's analogy of one's own workplace - If employees are underperforming en masse in the workplace on a regular basis, I would suggest that serious questions would and should be asked of the departmental manager.

Guest eggdaps
we seem to raise our games against the higher teams

in the league we've beaten and remain un-beaten against the other teams in the top 6:

Plymouth W 1-0, QPR D 1-1 & W 1-0, Swindon W 2-1, Brighton W 4-1, Bournemouth D 1-1 & W 2-0.

Quite Impressive if you look at it like like this?!

Sorry to be picky, but i think you'll find we drew 0 - 0 with Bournemouth away (live on Sky sports) :D

Archived