IGNORED

Swinedom

Guest EastEnder

Guest EastEnder

Remember those halcyone days when we played Notagain Forest in the semi final of the league cup - eventually losing over the two legs to a Gary Parker 25yarder?

During that period Man City started a fad of bringing inflatable bananas to the grounds. It soon caught on with us taking loads to The City Ground including, if I remeber correctly, Dinosaurs, Crocodiles, Sharks, A Hot Water bottle (blown up) A fully inflated lido, A giant banana and of course a few couple of marigolds that were inflated and bounced in the crowd.

Now I'm not suggesting we start this again, as we have just reinstated the yellow marigold movement, but where applicable - and relative I feel there is value in this retro activity.

For instance

During the song - "My old man said be a Rovers fan" there is a refernece to certain tools to be used in the fight against this repugnant activity (supporting the gas that is) and I have discovered an outlet that provides effigies of the said tools.

These come in the guise of - you've guessed it - inflatables

Therefore when the verse is chanted

"With axes and 'ammers"

"Carving knives and spanners

"We'll teach those Rovers Bstewards how to fight"

It could be construed a much more meaningful activity by holding up the inflatable at the precise momement of utterance

For a full appreciation of this in action see Swindome's Stratton bank near the Intel stand this Saturday - I have mine

:D:D:D:clap::clap::o

:Costumed19:

Shame on you!

You have missed the best inflatable ever off the list :-

The Joe Jordan tooth that looked more like an ice-cream cone. Oh Happy Days :D

Wasn't it Grimsby with Harry the Haddock who started the fad? There was never a more bizarre sight down Ashton Gate than a six-foot skinhead thug leaning an a 6ft inflatable dinosaur in the East End trying to look hard.

Shame on you!

You have missed the best inflatable ever off the list :-

The Joe Jordan tooth that looked more like an ice-cream cone. Oh Happy Days :D

The inflatable tooth must be one of our clubs most embarassing merchandising efforts. I remember Blackpool at the Gate with their inflatable towers and Bury with inflatable black puddings. :D

It was Man City who started the craze although Grimsby did get a lot of media coverage for the sheer volume of Harry Haddock's in the crowd for a cup game.

Did anyone see the recent Rangers/Celtic game where the Celtic supporters threw various inflatables onto the pitch before kick off, i think that would be awesome if we could do that, it looked really impressive. Maybe if we are on for going up against Barnsley still and we have a strong following we could do this?

Archived