IGNORED

Qpr Board

Guest Neo

A couple of posts plucked from the QPR board; names removed to protect the delinquents. Not exactly positive about their chances!

No wonder "weqprarebetterthanu" kept giving 2nd place to us; it's in their nature :city:

QUOTES

Tranmere Game potentially the decider?

A small point - the game tomorrow is our game in hand. If we lose, then I belive we will be in the dreaded playoffs - Out of our games against Swindon, Plymouth & Sheff Wed we will be lucky to get anything at all - leaving 3 games for a maximum of 9 points. This will see us end up on 80 points. However, a victory will mean that the same results would then give us 83 points + better goal difference that BC. However, BC would then have to win 4 of their last 6 games + get more than one point at least from the two other fixtures to get the magic 84 points - i think this is a big task & at this stage of the season to be constantly chasing 2nd spot is very awkward!

We won't be promoted unless we learn not to give the ball away so easily. Hoofin...

Re: Tranmere Game potentially the decider?

I totally agree but I think we'll be hard pushed to get a draw tomorrow, let alone win. The players need to take to the field with a cup mentality towards each remaining game. i.e. win or bust. We are running out of time to put a run together. We will not get (or deserve) auto-promotion by stuttering towards the finishing line.

Yes, we will still be second if we lose tomorrow but I can't see us getting more than 9 points afterwards either and that won't be enough. If only they would go out and take Tranmere to bits, that might boost confidence going into the remaining games.

Scrape a draw or lose and the belief that we can win these crucial remaining games simply will not be there and the despair of the play offs beckons.

i personally think we wont win . but we have to . because the team will close up confidence wise and the whole lot will go down the pan

If we lose we have exact same number of points as BC with a better goal diff - so no its NOT the decider. (AND I said that on Friday by the way)

We need the win tomorrow to put us back on track.If we lose that would be 1 point gained out of a possible 9.Not good if we want to play 1st div football.

How about 4 from 21? Is that OK for 1st Div football?

I agree tonight is absolutely vital. If we win tonight then that's pretty much automatic sown up for me. If we lose then we've just got to match Bristol City. If you look at their run in, their next four games are very difficult. I would say easiest is home to Plymouth. I can't see them winning against Brighton (H), Swindn (A) and Luton (A).

We've got Stockport and Grimsby on the other hand.

I don't fancy us tonight either but IF we can win, we can forget about last saturday and hopefully look forward to Div 1.

i agree with the statement "every game is a cup game". although all this talk about statistics might help us to see how other teams are more up against it than us, i suspect that it's just something to ease our nerves for the while. talking statistics can after all be used as an excuse for players to start becoming too complacent, rather than healthily nervous. i would have a lot more sympathy for olly if he had the guts to take a few more risks, and go for the all or bust. tranmere are having a great run at present, and will be up for gaining points towards their play-off contention.

'Look forward to Divison One' sounds so near yet so far!

Edit : a name was still left in :cool: (embarrased for him, not me!)

Archived