IGNORED

City Fans Are The Most Interesting In World

Br 1st ol

Guest BCFC_DEANO

I was on TV on west match when Tony Thorpe scored against Wycombe (away) some years back little did i realise then that i should have nutted him. :@

Tell the forum something about you that we dont know, something interesting.

eg. A famous relative

[Percy]- with a marriage in there somewhere I am related to Johnny Herbert. Never met him though. And before you ask- yes I HAVE met me dad!

eg. A TV apprearence

[Percy]- Casualty (supporting artist), Weakest Link (crap contestent), Local News (stupid A Level student stuttering out his results to a camera). Oh, and I was the face of dispair on the front page of the EP last season after the Play-Off defeat!!!!

eg. A top achievement.

[Percy]- nothing anyone here would care about. My A Level results probably. Red and White Nights make me proud....does anyone know when the next one is? :P What's that? Against Plymouth? FANTASTIC!

Most interesting, non fictional fact, wins a prize....

eg. A famous relative

My Grandad's second cousin Bill Tovey, played for City in the 50's and was on the staff until 1982.

eg. A TV apprearence

Soccer AM, September 27 2003 and I scored TWO GOALS in "We Are The Champions League"

"Grill The Gaffer" a question to camera, for a small slot on Points West Friday Sport, BBC, broadcast before the Hartlepool home game, in August

"Ten On Saturday" a regional Saturday kids programme, on the now defunct HTV west, back in 1979. Co-Presented by Richard Wyatt. (Oooh err)

eg. A top achievement.

Persuading Bristol City FC to form an anti-racist group, after setting up a series of meetings with the club and "Kick It Out" the Let's Kick Racism Out Of Football campaign.

I taught John Mcenroes children (kevin and shaun) to play tennis at an academy in Boston. John M joined me and a few others for a game of footy and was very good. Asked him if he had played before to which he answered "at high school I had to choose between tennis and soccer". Made the right choice then??!

Demi and Bruce had there nippers at the academy as well.

Otherwise, interviewd a Lib Dem MP on a live sixth form political chat show (htvwest) and led a mini pitch invasion when T Thorpe equalised against Wigan away a few seasons ago - we lost 2-1 and when Wigan got the winner one of there fans nearly got to the half way line before being broken by two stewrds. Anyone remember this one??

My Dad played in a band with Pete Budd (of the Wurzels fame).

A friend's sister is married to Fat Boy Slim.

I and a friend organised an alternative concert when the Rolling Stones played Ashton Gate back in the 80s.

I moved house more than 25 times when I was a kid.

My middle name is the same as a famous guitarist (Brian ... Brian May).

I failed CSE woodwork (yes CSE, not even O level).

That's about it for me ...

Guest comeonyoureds
I scored for city vs walsall few years back. phil's my real name. read incider letter from andy bevan. :city:
just read it thats a quality story! :cool:

Further to Greenun's post, I too was on 'Ten on Saturday' in the late 70's. I had the pleasure,as a ten year old, of interviewing the longest serving manager in the league at the time... a certain Alan Dicks.

He 'left' the club shortly after. Sorry Alan...

Guest red_pill

I used to go out with Wendy "Pauline Fowler" Richards' step-daughter...

My cousin is Joe "Is She Really Going Out with Him?" Jackson...

Personally, I have achieved little in life, but I used to work on an oil rig...

could do i spose, was that the greatest achievement or something about you part?

Dunno if it counts as someone famous, unless it was a tube off of casualty...

It was part of an experiment run by the Department of Physiology at Sheffield University in 1981. At least, that's what the very friendly man in a white coat said ...

Although if you want a "Casualty" connection, I once spent a night in the flat they used on the show as Charlie's bachelor pad.

eg. A famous relative

eg. A TV apprearence

eg. A top achievement.

Famous relative:

Women weakened at the knees by my ravishing good looks often express surprise that I am in no way related to Errol Flynn. I am also not related to my vertically-challenged namesake former Wrexham and Swansea manager and (dirty) Leeds midfielder.

TV appearance:

The one I am proudest of was at Ashton Gate, grinning unshaven into the camera like an imbecile as I jubilantly waved my FA Cup tickets for Cambridge away at the HTV cameras after a night spent queuing. Boy, was the smile wiped off my face at that game.

Top achievement:

Rolling around in £50m of real tenners with a near-naked Emma Noble on my knee for a photoshoot. The achievement was to avoid MrsRedTop divorcing me afterwards when she saw the pictures.

I also took Jordan on her first Page Three modelling job and, using my expertise in such matters, confidently predicted she would never make it.

Top achievment - peeing on Willie John McBride and getting away with it. For those of you who that means nothing - a very large and robust Irish Rugby International, who had some success. My defence - I was 9 mths old at the time - my father played alongside him at Ballymena.

TV apperiences - sadly a few, but all really boring, usually local to MK.

Most famous relative - distant cousin of Michael Collins. If not a student of Irish history, afraid I'm not going to elaborate.

I once stood in at a urinal with Ian Botham on one side and Viv Richards on the other in pub in Bath.

They were chatting to each other as if I wasn't there and were and were trying to decide what club had the best looking women in.

Guest Filton Red

Famous Relative -

Nope aint got one... (at least I dont think so) Although I have met, Nelson Piquet, Nelson Piquet Jn, Takumo Sato, Antony Davidson, Jamie Davies.... Richard Whitely (up his own a***), Adam Hart-Davis, could think of a few more proberly.

TV apperance -

Does HTV (or was it BBC Points West!!!) count? October 2000 handing out free tea & coffie on Temple Meads as all the trains we're cancelled!!! (and yes I was workin at the time)

Top Achievement -

Not going to Uni and into dept like me mates.... (and being paid more than them now they've finished Uni) Oh and getting 3rd place in the English Draughts Youth Championships under 8's section back in 1988 at my first attempt. :cool:

eg. A famous relative

eg. A TV apprearence

eg. A top achievement.

Cousin Being Jet From Gladiators real name diana patritia youdale

Famous people met; At Redcliffe School I served the Princess of Nepal lunch. At a garage in Clifton I served Arthur Negus with petrol.

TV appearances; Because of my daughter's disabillities, ITV's 1992 telethon filmed a typical day in our house. When the editor finished, the segment that went out took up five minutes of the live production. I have also appeared in several crowd scenes over the years on "Match of the day".

Biggest achievement; For nine years I was Leader of a Venture Scout Unit (Scouting for the 15-20 year olds of both sexes). In those nine years I helped 18 young people achieve the Queen's Scout Award (similar to the Gold D of E Award, but slightly harder)!

Biggest hypocrisy; Twice this season I've also provided overnight accommodation for forum members after City away games. My children point out that these were strangers I met on the internet and I invited them into the house!

For what its worth, I met Ronnie James Dio, (Boy is he short!)Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Carmine Appice (Black Sabbath for you kids, ask yer parents if you aint heard of of em ya sad gits!) Fish from Marillion (In Sainsburys in Aylesbury, getting bread- sooo rock n roll), Bruce Dickinson, and Blaze Bayley.

And Jim Davidson got me ****** on pussers rum on me birthday in 1984, in the Sarf Atlantic!

I am scraping the bottom of the barell but here goes.

When Bristol City decided to send a couple of players to a charity football match in the forest of dean many years ago when I were but a small lad, I went in to the changing rooms to grab Chris Garlands autograph, only for him to let off what could only be described as a mustard gas fart, after everyone got a breath of that baby, he'd single handedly managed to clear out the changing rooms of players, I ran out coughing and spluttering for air and never got the signature. :city:

I used to have Beckhams mobile number from a friend who worked for an insurance company who (ahem :cool: ) found it on his computer records.

Guest Harry May

Ive met Lemmy from Motorhead a few times - back in the late 70s.

Biggest achievement ? Being told I would never walk again without walking sticks after a bad RTA - a year later doing a PB in the deadlift.

Caldicot Red.

are you calling me a liar?
trying to clarify! Zoe Ball is married to Norman Cook (aka Fatboy Slim) isn't she? :cool:

and I feel sorry for the Ball's that they're not famous enough to be mentioned but Norman Cook is! or are their tiers of fame? and if so- is Norman Cook really that massive that he gets above Zoe Ball :city: I love Zoe!!

Going back a fair few years, me and a mate were walking along St. Johns Lane on our way to the Gate for a game against Hull City. A car pulled up and the driver asked for directions to the ground. I told him that's where we were heading and said we could show him if he gave us a lift. The driver turned out to be Roy North of Basil Brush and Get it Together fame. (That'll probably go over all the young un's heads.) "Mr. Roy" was a Hull fan and was fairly tolerant of our Basil Brush pi$$takes.

I was also on the telly during the League Cup semi 2nd leg v Forest pictured with an inflatable zebra on my shoulders. Not particularly something to be proud of but it was better than the inflatable tooth.

A top achievement.

Doing the 3 peaks challenge last year in under the stipulated 24 hours.

To the uninitiated, this involves climbing the highest mountain in England, Wales and Scotland in under 24 hours (including driving time between mountains). It works out as 50-odd miles up and down mountains.

Those who know me will also know that I am not exactly the fittest person in the world....... :Party3:

I've not really got any famous relatives and BBC West interviewed me outside AG before the Watford game in our promotion season but the interview didn't make it on to telly for some reason :cool:

eg. A famous relative

eg. A TV apprearence

eg. A top achievement.

Greatest Achievement?

...Has to be scoring a Hat-trick plus a 4th goal penalty earlier on in a little friendly match in Little Stoke!

...Obviously no one's likely to believe me, but I gave it a very good effort and am very proud of myself!

(Was even wearing my Fans Forum team kit too!) Haha!) :P

Guest Spunkwood

well I'm a proud worker of argos ltd,Frome :P

ummmm I'm a freak :P

onced pulled my exes tampon out :dunno:

ummmm once pooed on a dogs head :sub:

smoked weed with a band called The Revs :sub:

Scott Murray poked his toungue out me 3x in 3weeks :sub:

I beat up a Cardiff fan in a mosh :sub:

My uncle was in Fleetwood mac :D

I'm single :sub:

I'm an alchoholic :unsure:

and I support city :D

My only famous encounters were happenstances; Graham Purches (former BBC West reporter) I bumped into in a lift at work many years ago and had a brief chat with him, and more recently (last year) I chatted with Philip Madoc (Inspector Bain from A Mind To Kill) on Park street for a minute or so.

My sister used to baby sit for Howard Pritchard's kids

I know Sarah Beeney (Property Ladders, C4)

My great great great great great grandfather found the Cheddar Gorge Caves

My old geography teacher claimed to have saved racing driver Mario Andrettis life...something to do with a crash, flames, a helicopter and alleged remarkable bravery as I recall

Once met Tom Jones in a lift.

Slowed down to let a car out of a side street in London, and got a wave from the driver Frank Bough :unsure:  (pre scandal days)

I once went to Istanbul for one nights work!  :@

Oh yeah I forgot.

I met Keith Fear a few times he was at school with my older sister, he came to my house for a party and then we met again at a charity cricket game on the clanage.

Talking of which does anybody else remember those games, City used to play Bedminster every year? I remember Gerry Sweeney batting like he was playing golf, and Andy Llewelllyn being a half decent batsman.

Guest Spike

ummm I live 10 mins away from Christian Roberts.

I own a website called www.skatecardiff.com.

I am an aggressive inline skater.

my gf's cousin was on the front page on the sun once Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

I'm not very interesting :unsure:

Guest EastEnder

A mate of mine is good mates with Andy Gurney (ughhhh) and Gary Owers.

We (dozen) out sung the Geordies, Cockneys Brummies and everyone else in The Mari Pins pub Ibiza when England beat Germany 5-1. Don't get me wrong we were all singing for England but during half time tunes of the nature of Drink Up Thee Cider, and I am a Cider Drinker, abounded much to the bemusement of all and sundry

:unsure::dunno::D:sub::D:sub::sub:

Oh I played a few times in the same Sunday league team as Gerry Sweeney after he finished playing professional football, and one match in the same season I played against Stockwood Rangers who had Brian Drysdale as their left back!!

Sweeney couldn't half pass the ball, he sent a 50-yard pass right to my feet; I think I was so overawed I couldn't move!!!

Oh yeah I forgot.

I met Keith Fear a few times he was at school with my older sister, he came to my house for a party and then we met again at a charity cricket game on the clanage.

Talking of which does anybody else remember those games, City used to play Bedminster every year? I remember Gerry Sweeney batting like he was playing golf, and Andy Llewelllyn being a half decent batsman.

I went to school with Keith (and Geoff Merrick as well) and he was a very useful cricketer. He could have probably played cricket as a pro.

He was a bit of an all rounder. Quick bowler and good batsman.

I assume you were talking of primary schools as we went to Merrywood Grammar for Boys, unless your sister went to the Girl's school next door.

Guest SteveinNC

I work in cable TV in America, and was interviwed on TV when the movie Cable Guy came out. What I thought of it, and so on! I have my interview on tape..:unsure:

I went to school with Keith (and Geoff Merrick as well) and he was a very useful cricketer. He could have probably played cricket as a pro.

He was a bit of an all rounder. Quick bowler and good batsman.

I assume you were talking of primary schools as we went to Merrywood Grammar for Boys, unless your sister went to the Girl's school next door.

Both she and I went to Ashton Park, she's 9 years older than me so...... I think she knew Keith through school but maybe it was the group she hung round with at the time.

She's in NZ now so I wont ring her to find out! :unsure:

Guest bemmyred

I reached the final of The Radio Bristol commentary competition.

I competed with 3 others by having to commentate on 15 minutes of Gary Mabbutts testimonial match at Eastville against Spurs.

Stood no chance as Mike Kay , then hospital broadcast commentator for Rovers, knew everyone.

I was the only City boy there so I had great pleasure in saying that Rovers fans would never forget the day they lost 9-0 to Tottenham, which didnt go down too well with Colin Howlett and then assistant manager John McDowell.

Did some work with G.W.R when they had a Saturday sports programme with Jonathan Pearce, and yes he was a right #######. Was part of their commentary team that went to the 1st Freight Rover final against Bolton. (Had to interview fans after each goal on the terraces).

Worked on Radio Bristol saturday team, first with Keith Beach and Dominic Hollier, then Twentyman and Will Shindler.

Reported mainly on Beazer Homes games at Weston when Pete Amos was manager and Clevedon Town .

Achieved a life time ambition of reporting on a City game, 3 infact but all for the opposing team.

Worked for Radio Essex , City v Southend, having to say "Great news at Ashton Gate its Bristol City 0 Southend United 1. Radio Humberside , City v Grimsby ( sunday afternoon live televised game),and Radio Cambridge for City v Cambridge Utd.

Fell out with my mate Geoff in the end so that was the pinnacle of my reporting career!!!!!

My old geography teacher claimed to have saved racing driver Mario Andrettis life...something to do with a crash, flames, a helicopter and alleged remarkable bravery as I recall
That'll be Mr Wright then. And, are you sure it wasn't the actor Paul Newman whose life he saved in the helicopter incident? That was the version of events he realted to us. Oh, and the one where he was cycling between 2 lorries and the draught made him take off like E.T. and Elliot

trying to clarify! Zoe Ball is married to Norman Cook (aka Fatboy Slim) isn't she? :unsure:

and I feel sorry for the Ball's that they're not famous enough to be mentioned but Norman Cook is! or are their tiers of fame? and if so- is Norman Cook really that massive that he gets above Zoe Ball :dunno: I love Zoe!!

only pulling yer wicket Perce - I don't know the details, but they were related to me by my mate's wife and she's an upright citizen.

That'll be Mr Wright then. And, are you sure it wasn't the actor Paul Newman whose life he saved in the helicopter incident? That was the version of events he realted to us. Oh, and the one where he was cycling between 2 lorries and the draught made him take off like E.T. and Elliot

Same man indeed!

The fact that the names of the rescued changes also fits with the bulsh!t!

I gather that he has left un-named school now...not sure of the circumstances though...??

(PS I was Attendee 1981-1986.)

Guest Bristol_Babe

Famous relatives - Not sure if I have any... I know my Grandad used to have Russ Conway (only the oldies know!) playing Piano in the house...

I have met though; Eddie Large (friend of the family), Dave Benson Phillips (don't ask), Tinman and Steve Phillips in Reflex, Westlife, S Club 7 (though only briefly), Darren Morgan and actually did a trick shot with him (he's a snooker player - was Welsh captain once I think) ummmm... Frank Bruno in a panto... can't think of any others...

TV appearence... (One for the kiddies) I appeared on The Friday Zone with my school on national BBC1. It was presented by Peter Simon (old man now), Dominic Wood (Dick n Dom guy), Debra Stephenson (Shell Dockley in Bad Girls) and some other dudes. Debra actually called my name out and I was assigned to her to take part in a game where I had to put a chopstick over my lips and hang curtain rings through it... I lost it! Of course, I have also appeared in EP, HTV (My Histroy class was featured!) and BBC.

Achievements - My GCSE's, my ongoing A levels, offers from Uni etc... and I suppose seeing City win LDV Trophy!

Same man indeed!

The fact that the names of the rescued changes also fits with the bulsh!t!

I gather that he has left un-named school now...not sure of the circumstances though...??

(PS I was Attendee 1981-1986.)

My understanding is that it wasn't exactly the most glorious of exits. It was always a bit suspicious that he used to run the photography club and take boys back to his dark room for development... of their photos, you understand.

(87-94 meself)

Guest Cidergal

I shook Tinman's hand :D !

Gerry Francis signed my football boot (couldn't stop him) :dunno:

Got a T-Shirt for christmas from Scotty Murray addressed to meee! :D

My mate's mum used to go out with John Fashanu! :unsure:

1. Mate in Chippenham's mum has Van Morrison over for tea.

Had a pee and a chat next to Alan Walsh on the eve of the Freight Rover Final against Bolton

Had a pint with Ian McCulloch (Bunnymen) and Liz Fraser (Cocteau Twins) at an after gig party

My mate used to 'spar' with Audley Harrison when they were at college

My mate owns Wrings Transport that sponsor the scoreboard

My wife has had a chat with Richard Gould's wife at a toddler group

Bobby Gould stopped playing cricket with his (grandson?) to watch my then 3 year old son dribbling a football

I was hogging the toilet in a curry house when Cliff Richard was waiting outside to use it

Geoff Barrow from the group 'Portishead' was in the year below me at school

2. TV appearances - pogo-ing at Glastonbury and on the pitch after the Walsall promotion game.

3. Surviving a serious illness 2 years ago that had me hospital bound for weeks. getting to walk again and play football. Got a get well mention in 'The Survival Of The Fattest' football book that year by the guy who was writing the City write up.

Guest Spunkwood

Van Morrison lives next door to my ex

Lewis Haldane's sister is well fit great person too

My other ex played for southamton,the gas, he now plays sunday league shows what the gas do to ya :P

me and my mate went to Bobby Charlton soccer school in Manchester mearly 7 and 8 year olds away from home was ######in scary, we had breakfast with bobby himself was amazin and david white took shots at us

another soccer school we met Mark Gavin

had my photo taken with that nigerian forgot his name plays for huddlesfield now i thinkbut he was playing for macclesfield at the time

lots more but i got bad head hungover etc

Guest bristolbred

was on HTV's "TINKERTAIMENT!" in 1969 and 1970!! :sub:

Alan Taylor of Mr & MRS fame was the host!.

was taught Physics at school by John ATYEO's nephew!! :sub:

then Michael Bentines "POTTYTIME!" in 1974, ( the Yeti one!!) :sub: .

God!! the memories are flooding back!! :sub:

Guest bristolbred

when my parents divorced and i moved from Bristol to Virginia Water ( Surrey) i met Orinoco Womble .. :sub:

And SAT on Elton Johns lap for 20 minutes!!! :sub:

Guest twaters

Greatest moment.

When working for GTFM who do the weekly cardiff city phone in, i was interveiwing Robert Earnshaw before the City vs Cardiff match at their place and said "good luck i hope you break a leg" My producer wasnt very impressed but Earnie found it funny.

Proudest Moment

Being named the official Bristol City correspondant for GTFM and reporting latest scores and action during our final months last season.

Worst moment.

Losing that play off 0-1 and not feeling as if we threw everything at them. I had to leave after that, i couldnt work in a Cardiff Radio station any longer. All those smug Cardiff fans. :@

Archived