IGNORED

Remaining Fixtures

Guest Orj

There's no point even looking at Plymouth's run-in as it couldn't really be much easier aside from the games against us and QPR.

QPR v Grimsby Town

Barnsley v QPR

QPR v Stockport

Plymouth v QPR

QPR v Swindon Town

Sheff Wed v QPR

Swindon Town v Bristol City

Bristol City v Plymouth

Luton Town v Bristol City

Bristol City v Brighton

Barnsley v Bristol City

Bristol City v Blackpool

The bottom line is that we need to get 2 points more than QPR. There can't be much argument that QPR's last 6 look easier than ours on paper and I think the interesting twist could actually be on the penultimate weekend. The quirk there is that QPR play on the Saturday and we play on the Sunday. That could put pressure on both sides in a variety of ways and could be a decisive factor.

I really do want to be positive but I think that we are going to have to go on a pretty spectacular run now to pip QPR now.

The thing that superficially appears to be in our favour is that our final game is at home whilst their's is away. QPR may also pay the price for Bignot's sending off today as they aren't exactly brimming with options at the back.

Guest Rikku

as daunting as our fixtures seem, i think our results last month proves that the way things appear on paper doesn't count for much in reality. You have to take into account the fact that city play better against better opposition and add in the confidence boost that our result against qpr will have given us. The build up to the qpr game was huge and we put on a cracking performance and got all three points - hopefully that will spur the lads on and they won't allow the victory to cause any complacency in the swindon game. Plus who knows what qpr's confidence is like at the moment - they're not exactly on top form and they've got the pressure of city being right behind them. It may be naive, but i do think that nerve and bottle will play a major part in the forthcoming fixtures for both teams.

Agree that plymuff are just about there unless they completely collapse and there are no signs of that.

I don't completely agree with that.

If we win on Saturday and Plymouth lose at home to Wycombe (ok, it's unlikely, but we know better than anyone that unlikely results happen against lower placed teams). We go into our game against them on Tuesday knowing that a victory will bring us within a point of top spot (QPR results not withstanding).

My point being, it won't require a complete collapse for Plymouth to come within striking distance, merely a single dodgy result on Saturday will do it.

Below is a reply I did a couple of days ago. My prediction for last night was right anyway!

You will see at the end, I questioned whether I was being over-optimistic. Looking at the QPR board as I have been for the last couple of days, I don't think it is.

The fans have lost complete faith and many seem to want Hollowhead to go and are accusing the team of playing very poor football.

It wouldn't surprise me if, when the season comes to a close, 9 points from our remaining 6 games ends up being enough.

If we get 4 points out of Plymouth and Swindon, I really think we will go on from there and clinch 2nd spot. QPR are desperately faltering just when we are seeing some evidence of a team well up for the April challenges. Extremely exciting :cool:

PREVIOUS MESSAGE

Bearing in mind goal difference is close, however, we don't score many; we need to get 1 more point than QPR to be sure.

QPR's remaining 7 games are :-

Tranmere Away (13th spot currently)

Grimsby Home (19th)

Barnsley Away (10th)

Stockport Home (20th)

Plymouth Away (1st)

Swindon Home (5th)

Sheffield Wednesday Away (14th)

Impossible to assess, but at a guess (with some optimism built in), i'm going for :-

Draw Win Draw Win Lose Draw Draw; meaning they will get another 10 points.

So our target is 11 from 6 which is definitely achievable.

Over optimistic?

Archived