IGNORED

Brooker Recall?

Guest YattonRed

Guest YattonRed

At the moment we have plenty of strikers obviously with Adebola scoring upon recent who is looking good but i still can't help thinking if we had Brooker in such fine form at Cheltenham he could give us a extra push for the premiership. Why not? yeah i know i will more than likely get bombarded with people saying he is not proven in the championship but what have we got to lose if we get promoted to the promised land he will be off in the summer anyway. Just a thought.

I think the timing of this is going to be all down to psychology.

It would not be helpful to call him back at a point where he felt huge pressure to deliver and that City's chances of promotion almost depended on him doing so.

So I suspect GJ will leave him at Cheltenham a bit longer, hopefully scoring a few more goals, and let him get to the stage where he's itching to get back and prove he can do it at this level too.

If GJ gets the timing right and SB bangs in 3 or 4 goals for us in the run-in, it could be crucial to where we end up.

Guest swindlered

Steve Brooker: Set up the first goal and scored the second to earn Cheltenham a point. Led the line strongly and is showing major signs of returning to his devastating best.

Found this on myrobins.co.uk (Really should force Cheltenham & Swindon to get new nicknames!).

What Brooker's future is at Ashton Gate who knows. He's a quality player at League One and deserves a chance in the Championship. I hope that his injury problems are behind him.

I would say give the bloke a few more games at cheltenham to really get back in the swing of things and then recall him.

For me 1 advantage to a recalled fully fit brooker will be it'll give us a somewhat unknown card to play in matches..I mean the championship are fully aware of byfield and trundles pro's and con's, adebola was already in this league..so the somewhat unproven unknown commodity of a returning steve brooker could be an edge if it all goes well.

I would say give the bloke a few more games at cheltenham to really get back in the swing of things and then recall him.

For me 1 advantage to a recalled fully fit brooker will be it'll give us a somewhat unknown card to play in matches..I mean the championship are fully aware of byfield and trundles pro's and con's, adebola was already in this league..so the somewhat unproven unknown commodity of a returning steve brooker could be an edge if it all goes well.

Agree. Leave him there for the time being, especially while things are going well for both us and him. Id imagine we have a 24 hr recall so we can just have him back when we need him.

Guest trundle wheel

Reading his comments in GU on Monday sounds like he should stay. He's still not at sharpest but is improving by playing as near 90 mins as poss each week. He won't get that here so won't improve. GJ made a good decision sending him there. Once fit, he could really help us at end of season...

Archived