IGNORED

Who To Start Upfront At Stoke?

Guest Cider&Cider

Guest Cider&Cider

In my opinion its brooker and 1 other, thougth Brooker was excellent today.

would probably go for Dele because stoke are a strong team and dele can stand up to that.

Guest MightyRed

would probably go for Dele because stoke are a strong team and dele can stand up to that.

Depends what we are doing with the rest of the team to be honest. If we are going to try to play direct to match Stoke, then Dele's height/girth will be an advantage. If we are going to try to play some football then Byfield or Trundle are probably better options. Having said that, I expect Brooks will play upfront alone, with a 5 man midfield bolstered by a return to fitness of LJ, and with him a touch of creative spark that has been missing. If LJ is still not fit, perhaps Carle for 90 mins running and scrapping for everything. Have to have one of Boom Boom and Vasko at the back for me, to get a sore head from all the long balls.

against a team like Stoke big horrible long ball team, Brooker and probably Adebola

however I wouldn't complain if it was the same as today, think there is some potential of the Brooker/Byfield partnership however it's just unfortunate that it's taken until the 4th from final game of the season, and now we don't have time to "wait for a partnership to blossom"

Brooker and Adebola. Brooker impressed me today, he worked hard, looked comfortable with the pace of the game and was still able to make room for a shot from the edge of the box which we've lacked all season. Adebola can hopefully rough Stoke up as much as they will inevitably do to us. Byfield hasn't produced the goods when started really and I don't see that changing. He is a great sub to have for the last 20 minutes though and I'd definitely have him on the bench. Trundle on the bench too if there's room, one point won't be good enough.

Guest CARLE08

GJ will probably keep the same team we didnt concede and we played good footy at times I'm mcalisters injured fontaine a get the role soroule could be replaced by carle after sum shocking play from him he didnt look up for it he looked knackerd i thought byfield did alright so he might leave the strikers if not it will be adebola and brooks you don't want a big change after what i thought was a fantastic recovery

In my opinion it will be a fast and furious game. Yes they are physical, but pace and stamina will be key. Adebola has neither and Brooker is nailed on to start. I believe City will have to play football and thread their way through Stoke as we will not win the physical battle. They were very hard to break down at AG.

So, Yes I would go with Trundle, no pace but loads of flair and can link up midfield with Brooker. I would have Byfield and Showumni on the bench and NOT Adebola for this game

I think we'll play Brooker up front on his own with Noble or Carle behind him.

We'll need to maintain a tight grip on the midfield so Elliot and Skuse could well play together again. Wilson could play on the right wing to provide further defensive strength in the midfield.

If Carey and McCombe can absorb the aerial attack and our midfield can boss the game we've a great chance of taking at least a point.

If we play 4-4-2 I think we risk it being Palace / QPR away all over again.

Adebola/Brooker....strength and nothing to lose. Byfield was poor.

don't think GJ will put LT in so go for it. And fingers xxxxxx his boy is back as well

He was Tin. A few on here said he was ok. Thought he was pants.

Put the 2 big mothers up front to annoy the Stokies.

They wont like that. Its about time we bullied a team.

What a chance :fingerscrossed:

He was shite mate. I couldn't believe he was left on as long as he was. Whilst going two up top was brave of GJ, I'd rather have seen Adebola or Trundle with Brooker purely because the vast majority of Byfield's goal's have been coming off the bench. Craddock had him in his pocket.

He was shite mate. I couldn't believe he was left on as long as he was. Whilst going two up top was brave of GJ, I'd rather have seen Adebola or Trundle with Brooker purely because the vast majority of Byfield's goal's have been coming off the bench. Craddock had him in his pocket.

Sorry Tins & Arny, but I have got to disagree about Byfield.. I thought he ran his socks off in the first half, the only thing wrong was he wasnt close enough to Brooker to take advantage on his knock downs / flick ons. Cant comment on the 2nd half because from the east end you cant see all that well what is going on at the other end.. First half he looked lively. What didnt help was that they were getting very poor service from the flanks. Sproule was terrible again and McIndoe had an offish game for his standards. They are not going to score without good service..

The trouble with our attack IMO is that none of them have had a chance to form a partnership, the odd game here and there playing alongside someone isnt going to enable them to learn about each others game that well. I know they train together but people react differently during a match..

Just my opinion, but I still think GJ can turn things around and get us promotion again!

Byfield is great as an impact player from the bench and that's it.

Noble is a complete waste of space who's days at Bristol City are clearly numbered and Trundle isn't good enough to start matches.

In my opinion we require a strong midfield to nullify the threat of Lawrence and shield the back-four from Fuller.

To that end I'd go with Brooker as the lone striker, with Johnson, Carle and Elliott in central midfield, Wilson on the right-flank, McIndoe on the opposite side and a back-four of Fontaine (presuming McAllister is injured), McCombe, Carey and Orr.

Guest spectator

Seem to remember Brooker had a fair bit of success agoainst Stoke when at Port Vale......pretty hateful Derbies those.

Also heard that Pulis was interested in Brooker when mamagimg Plymouth, so that must give him concerns if he starts.

Byfield is great as an impact player from the bench and that's it.

Agree.

Noble is a complete waste of space who's days at Bristol City are clearly numbered and Trundle isn't good enough to start matches.

Agree.

In my opinion we require a strong midfield to nullify the threat of Lawrence and shield the back-four from Fuller.

Yep.

To that end I'd go with Brooker as the lone striker, with Johnson, Carle and Elliott in central midfield, Wilson on the right-flank, McIndoe on the opposite side and a back-four of Fontaine (presuming McAllister is injured), McCombe, Carey and Orr.

Couldn't we just add Wilson to Skuse, Elliott and McIndoe and go with two big lads up front in Brooker and Adebola to give their back four something to think about as well?

Whilst Wilson is better at right back, playing against his fomrer club (and the guy who bombed him out) he can't give us any less than Sproule did, can he?

Archived