IGNORED

What Extremes Have You Gone To?

MATT BCFC

Just wondering as I'm pretty much risking getting sacked from work in order to watch the playoff games. Have to work every other weekend an that weekend happens to be next weekend an the weekend of the playoff final..

Despite this ive still managed to see every home game this season an quite a few away. Sadly though ive used up all my holiday an they have got very susipicious as to why ive had so many saturdays off.

Looks as if I will be phoning in sick again next week to watch our first leg. An if we do manage to get to the final will probably get sacked. Hopefully will be worth it though!

Anyone else gone to extremes to watch city?

I fly from the United States for one game every season...which isn't too extreme, but flying for every game would be!!!

This season Ive managed three from Chicago (for the record QPR away Barnsley Wolves) which is down considerably on last (about 7), however I will fly home for the play off final.

Just for the purposes of the thread a few years ago (before I lived here) I flew home from SFO on Friday and back on Monday rather than stay as I didnt want to miss a mtach...Mrs Oxo has long since realized I'm ###### nuts...

Cmon you reds

I accidentally caught my son's hand in the car door, had to take him to the Childrens Hospital A&E Department, got him back home and rushed down the Gate to catch the second half of City v Bournemouth a couple of seasons ago. City were 1-0 down at half time but my presence sparked a 3-1 win.

This season Ive managed three from Chicago (for the record QPR away Barnsley Wolves) which is down considerably on last (about 7), however I will fly home for the play off final.

Just for the purposes of the thread a few years ago (before I lived here) I flew home from SFO on Friday and back on Monday rather than stay as I didnt want to miss a mtach...Mrs Oxo has long since realized I'm ###### nuts...

Cmon you reds

Coming back for the play-off semi finals then kicking my heels until I fly back after the final. Only managed to get back for one game this season (Burnley away) so could easily be considered a glory hunter.

Not exactly transatlantic, but I remember going to AG to watch a mid-week pre-season friendly vs Barnsley in the 80's when we were in the doldrums, travelling from Exeter on the train, and then sleeping at TM until the morning train arrived.

All that for a pre-season friendly with a crowd of considerably fewer than we'll have today......

Must have been early 90's. I can remember Gary Shelton playing and us beating derby away 4-3 was also live on ITV Sunday kick off.

Was down in Torquay on a mates stag weekend. Actually watched Bardiff play Torquay on the Saturday in the Bardiff end after ending up in a boozer at dinner time with a load of em. Secretly supporting Torquay!

Anyway on the pop all weekend and turned up at Torquay station with a lad from Cheltenam at silly o'clock sunday morning completely hanging!

Train to Derby watched game and then hitched a lift with a mate from The Royal Forest of Dean back to Glos.

Other notable away journey was the pre season tour to Latvia last summer what a great crack!

Would advise anybody to go if we tour there again cheap beer and great looking girls.

Once cancelled an overnight hotel reservation with a week to go - 15th wedding anniversary. Well how did I know we were going to get to the play offs? She wasn't very happy (still brings it up). Just about stayed married!!

Guest CiderRed

6 of us booked a cottage in Cornwall for a friends birthday. Went down on the friday night before the Forest game last season. Came back saturday morning to watch the game and straight back down to the cottage afterwards. Came back home the following day. Missus was not best pleased.

Well

Moved to Falmouth for 4 years - still did all our home games (and that was before the roads to Cornwall improved - sometimes took 5 hours one way!)

Wife in Hospital with first baby - told due in about 12 hours (they were going to induce" so nipped off to see us at home v Notts County (made it back in time)

Worked work around loads of games - arranged meetings where I can near where we play

Not much I won't do to see City

:englandsmile4wf:

6 of us booked a cottage in Cornwall for a friends birthday. Went down on the friday night before the Forest game last season. Came back saturday morning to watch the game and straight back down to the cottage afterwards. Came back home the following day. Missus was not best pleased.

Did the same thing when on a golfing trip in Cornwall a couple of years ago - played 9 holes with mates in the morning, drove up to watch City v Doncaster (but missed the first half due to heavy M5 traffic), drove back down after the game and finished the second 9 holes on my own in near darkness. Sad I know.

But thats got nothing on New Years Eve, 1985, when I proposed to my (then) girlfriend, just after midnight, in order to sweeten her up with the news that on one of her only days off work in the year, New Years Day, I would be spending most of the day travelling to and from Boothferry Park, Hull. We lost 3-0, freezing cold day, probably no more than 150 City fans there.

Still paying for that trip to Hull now.

Archived