IGNORED

Crystal Palace In Play-offs.

Guest RyanBCFC

Guest RyanBCFC

Great win today, Palace, the team we desperately wanted to avoid is the team we will be facing in the semis.

Views and reactions ?

:city:

Yet the year we beat Cardiff home & away they did us a treat in the PO.

Maybe facing Palace isn't a bad thing, less expectation ;)

We can't afford to be naive against Colin. We know they play dirty and will try to cheat and bully us. We will be prepared for that.

I'm hopeful, not expectant.

I recon they're the best team in the playoffs; we would have had to face them one way or another. I think that playing them over two legs will show us if we're good enough to go up, I really think whoever wins this one, will be playing in the prem next season.

Guest DanC

Before today's game I wanted to avoid them as they are on form, However after today's performance from us I am confident we can beat anyone. We have our belief and positivity back which has been missing for the last ten games. I went to the palace away game and what we must do is play our own game and keep the ball on the floor unlike last time. They are good in the air so we must restrict the time that the ball is in the air and play to their weaknesses and not there strengths.

Palace have a lot of young players in there squad who have never experience the play offs so they could possible crack under the pressure.

Before today's game I wanted to avoid them as they are on form, However after today's performance from us I am confident we can beat anyone. We have our belief and positivity back which has been missing for the last ten games. I went to the palace away game and what we must do is play our own game and keep the ball on the floor unlike last time. They are good in the air so we must restrict the time that the ball is in the air and play to their weaknesses and not there strengths.

Palace have a lot of young players in there squad who have never experience the play offs so they could possible crack under the pressure.

This is the key. Don't try and take them on at their own game, it just doesn't suit us and the same thing happened at Stoke.

Guest essexeagle
This is the key. Don't try and take them on at their own game, it just doesn't suit us and the same thing happened at Stoke.

This is not ''our own game'' at all. The last few games has seen us playing some of the best football in years. Seeing us thread 10-15 passes together resulting in a goal/shot like today has been a joy to watch. I am happy with playing brizzle and avoiding hull in the semi's.

Someone said about our youngsters, being inexperienced on the big stage etc. I think you are missing the point. These lads are our strength for exactly that reason..they hold no fear. Victor Moses, for instance, has the world at his feet. If fit :fingerscrossed: (he went off after 35 mins today) he is a massive asset.

I am looking forward to two fantastic games against City. I am sure they will be a credit to the Championship.

Guest lobster

Probably the team I would have chosen to avoid given their recent form and the fact that we don't always handle the physical sides particularly well. Having said that, GJ will have learned something from the two league games and, following a morale boosting victory yesterday, I expect us to go there with some confidence. Good to have the home leg second if we can keep it tight at their place.

Archived