IGNORED

Not All Fans Have A Sense Of Style

Port Said Red

The atmosphere between the two seats of fans on Tuesday night was fantastic. What I particularly liked was how little of the singing was directed at the opposition or, in the case of City fans, those not even involved. (No "1 team in Bristol" or "standup if you hate the gas").

I don't mind admitting, seeing the mutual appreciation between the 2 sets of fans at the end, brought a lump to this old mans throat. I have to admit that Palace have never really been on my radar either positively or negatively in the past but it is games like that, which can build a mutual respect between fans.

Add to that Warnocks sporting behaviour at the end and listening to the aftermath from the Hull City and Watford game, almost had me believing that a new dawn of respect and fairness was blossoming in the game.

Then I heard the Leeds fans on the pitch at the end of the Carlisle game....... "and you ######ed it up, 2-0" they proudly sang like school bullys in a playground. And they wonder why people don't like them very much......

I like Warnock about as much as everyone else on this forum, but on the highlights he appears to be clapping McIndoe's free-kick.

Yeah, I saw that, fair play to him. I guess he realised the game was over by then anyway...

I remember Leeds United versus Bayern Munich in the 1975 European Cup final, Le Parc De Princess in Paris was the venue and Leeds were cheated out of football's most coveted trophy. Leeds were denied a clear penalty after Beckanbauer brought down Allan Clarke in the first half. Then 25 minutes before the end, Peter Lorimer's fierce volley hit the back of the net. The corrupt French referee and the linesman then disallowed the goal. :noexpression:

You sure about that RG? You must have been 8 or 9 then.

Yep I'm sure, I really admired Leeds United at that time.

Leeds United: Stewart; Reaney, F.Gray, Madeley, Hunter; Bremner, Giles, Yorath (E.Gray); Lorimer, Clarke, Jordan.

Note that from that great European Cup final losing side above that Norman Hunter and Joe Jordan eventually played for us !!!!! Peter Lorimer was one of my boyhood heroes as he was said to have had the hardest shot in the country.

You are Mr Memory :worship2:

I remember being being taught the "We hate Nottingham Forest.. " song that went on to cover Leeds but couldn't have named any players.

Leeds United: Stewart; Reaney, F.Gray, Madeley, Hunter; Bremner, Giles, Yorath (E.Gray); Lorimer, Clarke, Jordan.

Note that from that great European Cup final losing side above that Norman Hunter and Joe Jordan eventually played for us !!!!! Peter Lorimer was one of my boyhood heroes as he was said to have had the hardest shot in the country.

you might remember the names Gobbers, but you can't remember the team,

Don Revie's Leeds of thr early 70' were the nastiest team ever .

Except of course Norman , Joe, and Terry Cooper who were angels !

Guest Old Dazzler

Bremner, Giles and Yorath must have been one of the nastiest midfield trios ever, yet what fantastic players. Bremner and Yorath were always cited as the "hard-men" but Giles was just as hard, but he was always seen as the "creative" one, so got away with a lot more :innocent06:

Fantastic team Goblin, but didn't Jordan come later? I think the striker at the time was Mick Jones.

I remember Leeds United versus Bayern Munich in the 1975 European Cup final, Le Parc De Princess in Paris was the venue and Leeds were cheated out of football's most coveted trophy. Leeds were denied a clear penalty after Beckanbauer brought down Allan Clarke in the first half. Then 25 minutes before the end, Peter Lorimer's fierce volley hit the back of the net. The corrupt French referee and the linesman then disallowed the goal. :noexpression:

The closing stages of the match and Bayern's lap of honour were disrupted by seats being thrown at the German players by disgruntled Leeds United supporters. :winner_third_h4h: Paris then experienced pitched battles between their English visitors and police, and the whole affair resulted in a totally unfair three-year European ban for Leeds. We should have been thrown out of the EEC (now the European Union) as well and Leeds supporters would have then been seen as true English national heroes !!!! :icecream:

:englandsmile4wf: Hardly "English" national heres, there were only four English players out of the twelve that day.

Some things haven't changed when "English" sides play in European Finals

They've been clearing up the mess not so far from here since those other patriotic fans left Manchester in a heap the other night. My heart stirs with a great desire to build up Hadrian's Wall so the drunken yobbos can't come back!

Guest DanC
The atmosphere between the two seats of fans on Tuesday night was fantastic. What I particularly liked was how little of the singing was directed at the opposition or, in the case of City fans, those not even involved. (No "1 team in Bristol" or "standup if you hate the gas").

I don't mind admitting, seeing the mutual appreciation between the 2 sets of fans at the end, brought a lump to this old mans throat. I have to admit that Palace have never really been on my radar either positively or negatively in the past but it is games like that, which can build a mutual respect between fans.

Add to that Warnocks sporting behaviour at the end and listening to the aftermath from the Hull City and Watford game, almost had me believing that a new dawn of respect and fairness was blossoming in the game.

Then I heard the Leeds fans on the pitch at the end of the Carlisle game....... "and you ######ed it up, 2-0" they proudly sang like school bullys in a playground. And they wonder why people don't like them very much......

Not sure what 4 games you seen us against them this season but the 4 games I saw there was that extra spice factor between us and I expect that to be the way from this day on for a while now. Also there was plenty of songs as per usual about Rovers, Drink up thy Zider being the main one of course. Were the Palace fans' clapping us or there teams efforts at the end? All the Palace fans I have come across have been bitter and twisted and they can't believe how a little club like Bristol City beat them in both legs.

I'm with DanC and Boadle.

What I did appreciate amongst the leeds' fans was the fact they were going ##### mental, twas indeed a small group of Carlisle fans on the pitch.

As for Warnock, am I ##### sold by his 'sporting behaviour' after a sound beating.

Guest exiled in kiwi land

Super patriots they be. I've been studying the youtube film footage. Extremely impressive film footage especially as our Police see themselves as this country's best equipped and biggest football hooligan firm - they got a taste of their own medicine from those Glasgow Rangers supporters.

I'm hoping for a European Cup final involving Glasgow Celtic in Birmingham. Celtic to outdo Glasgow Rangers against the hopelessly corrupt toff led West Midlands Police and their bum buddies from the West Mercia Police - bring it on !!!!!!

If you like the police or not someone on the floor with 10-20 people kicking shit into him is not acceptable in my book.

Testify brother! and fao: Gobbers - I draw your attention to David Peace's 'The Damned Utd' a fictious recount based on reality of the late great Brian Clough's 44 days at the helm of dirty, dirty Leeds in the Summer of 1974 (the Wembley Bremner-Keegan show down).

Peace chronicals Clough's managerial career, which was wholly based on revenge due to despite having the best goal scoring record (per game) in English Football ever and not having played in the top flight, nor appearing more for England - playing career cut short through injury and spite.

This runs parrallel with his 44 days as Leeds boss, where the scum see ol' big 'ead reach the pits of his disspair as his virtues of honest hard work and sound character are spat upon.

A worthy read Gobbers, for any scholar of the beautiful game http://www.amazon.co.uk/Damned-Utd-David-Peace/dp/0571224261

Guest LittleMissVicky
Yes, no leeds fans were on the pitch.

No leeds players could get near the leeds fans. Line of police right next to the leeds fans, then 25 foot away a line of stewards keeping the leeds players from getting near the fans.

I'm disappointed! First post ive read from you thats not winding people up!!! :rolleyes: What is this the OTIB forum...oh wait :whistle2:

If you like the police or not someone on the floor with 10-20 people kicking shit into him is not acceptable in my book.

Too right. Or is this acceptable because it is the retribution deserved by respresentatives of the pro fascist - royalist conspiracy so often trotted out by Gobbers?

Archived